Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greatbritainmale

I'm all but clear! BUT BP wasn't the solution!

Hi chaps!

I've been battling with acne for a number of years now, and since then i've been plucking the hairs from where a spot formed! A number of weeks ago i tried bp, it didnt really do anything at all for me.

I've searched for solutions..........the main problem being hairs ingrowing, thus causing a spot! Then i thought, how about if i stop shaving using a razor, stop plucking my facial hairs on my cheeks as this is where my acne is.....and just use a beard trimmer!

In the morning i use Clinique's Liquid face wash applied to a soft bristle scrubbing brush.

Then add Clinique's scrubbing lotion to some cotton wool, wipe over my face to get rid of dead skin

Moisturise using Clinique's M Lotion

I shave using my beard trimmer around 2-3times a week, never pluck the facial hairs on my cheeks anymore. Since then and using the above regimen, i've noticed no end of new hairs coming through my skin and causing me no problems at all.

Once a week i use clinique's facial scrub as well. This rage of products is expensive but my skin seems to be balancing out and i've seen a mass improvement. I can live with less than 5 pimples a week now, thank god!

The red marks are annoying as i'm fair skinned but at least i'm no longer getting the amount of spots i was.

u said u started using bp a "few weeks ago"

if thats the case, bp hasnt had long enough to properly clear ur skin up.

if u stay clear then tahts GREAT man coz tahts all that matters

but bp and the regimen in general usually takes 8weeks onwards to properly clear u up

which is 2-3months basically.

but im glad ur clear man, good job :clap::dance::clap:

I did try it for just over 8 weeks in all, but my skin was getting very flakey, red patches and sore in areas and i was breaking out more on bp.

My skin feels miles better, plus i can still go out in the sun with a little less hassle if i'm not having to use bp.

But thanks, i know what your saying.

Lets hope i can stay all but clear for alot longer!

were u using a good moisturiser?

coz after 8weeks ur skin shud be pretty much relaxed an normal again man

I imagine using the beard trimmer is your greatest success, I love mine, ill never wet shave again, or electric shave come to that, beard trimmers rock! lol

do you guys get a close "shave" with a beard trimmer? Or are you all growing beards and just keeping them trimmed?

I guess I"m not following, lol.

Beard trimmers are like clippers, but for the face. When you have a thick beard, you can use the trimmer to get it close to the skin before shaving it, whether with blade or electric razor. They also help to keep beards clean and even. Job is better done with trimmers than with scissors for beards.

I have a small trimmer attached to my electric razor. I keep it well-oiled so it can cut facial hair better and faster. It works really well :)