Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mman

Does doing nothing really help acne?

I hear alot of people saying that doing nothing to their face is the best way to cure mild/moderate acne. Is this at all true?

Some of what they say seems to make sense, but I think I'd feel alot safer with BP.

Also, I plan on following the regimen for a few months and hopefully getting COMPLETELY clear. Then I am going to slowly cut back until I either break out again, or I am completely off of BP. Anyone ever try this before? Any success?

Thanks for any replies...

Temporarily you will look better without BP. Because it irritates your skin. But long term, it's worse.

Then again, time does heal. So perhaps what you say is true given enough time. How old are you? Give it 30 years and I could almost guarantee you will be acne free, even if you don't use any products. That doesn't mean you should stop treatment now.

I've stopped using bp, didnt help at all.

I've gone onto Clinique products and use a 3 step system.

I also scrub my face with a soft bristle brush in the morning whilst using clinique's liquid face wash.

My skins miles better now compared to when i was using BP. Seems to have on balanced itself out.

One thing Ive noticed is that I went on holidays for about a month and brought no products like BP with me. I only used St Ives apricote scrub every 2-3 days. I recall after coming back the texture of my skin was great and not only that my acne wasnt that worse. Another thing I would like to add is that I didnt masturbate for those 30 days as well.hmmm..

Anyways after coming back i went back to masturbating,but like crazy and guess what ibroke out all over the place. This was the worse break out ever. I began using bp again, but to no avail,it made things worse. I was sick and tired of doing this process over and over so decided to give' do nothing' a shot. I was told to cleanse daily so i decided to modify my regime and my results.. 4 weeks into it and things are looking alright

Just give this regime a try, i broke out like crazy first week but after that,it paid off,and dont regret anything. I threw away every product ive ever used.

Morning... Wake up splash luke warm water on face to open pores. Apply a generous amount of Cetaphil cleanser.lightly massage for 1-2 mins. Rinse off with warm water and splash face few times with really cold water. Get a clean towel and gently dry face.

Afternoon.. take shower and before finishing shower give face a 30 sec light massage with clean and clear morning scrub( get the pump version so you dont get too much of the beads when you pump it out)

wash off with luke warm water and splash with cold water

during day take a tablet of zinc and vitamin c

night before bed. splash face with luke warm water to open pores,cleanse with cetaphil cleanser for 1-2 mins very gently. wash off with warm water and splash face with cold water..... gently dry face with clean towel. apply moisturiser..

simple yet effective so far for myself...

Many people try the simple method of just washing with water, and almost always the results are the same--they come back in a week or two reporting a horrible breakout. Water or cleanser alone isn't enough to combat acne, you need something that will either promote the exfoliation of skin cells to the point where the clog never forms (SA), or something that will kill the acne bacteria (BP).

Also, keep in mind that there is no correlation between masturbation and acne. It may have been coincidence that you took a break from masturbation and your skin improved at the same time. However, I wish you good luck with your improved skin, and hopefully it stays that way :)

hey, acne is a fake problem caused by the products you use, the more you use the more you look for some help from other products, its fake, when in history books do you see people with acne, it just started probably in the 60's. its caused by people putting crazy chemicals on their face, their face cant handle it and produces more oil because the poduct dries out the face. The best thing to do is just to SPLASH your face with water 6 to 10 times, NOT rubbing it, and patting your face dry, splashing, and not rubbing is a major thing. of coarse with everything you probably will break out again but only because your face is getting used to it, but after that you wont see any more problems at all, not one more pimple , nothing, it only takes about a month to see major improvements. then after a while you can wash your face less and less, two times a day is fine, for me i only splash my face once a day, at night, and the oilyness will go away too. i dont know if it works with all types of skin, but i had really bad acne and it worked right away. Acne is created to steal money from good people. havnt you noticed out of most people you probably wash your face more than people without acne? do you notice that the spots that you dont wash your face are the spots with the fewest acne and the spots that you wash your face the most have the most acne?

Of coarse people are always going to get occasional acne, maybe a pimple, but thats normal, every once in a great while it happens, espesually because of hormonal changes, but it is worstened by the products, what else do people know? they only know to buy acne products, they wouldnt think of just using water, because they think that acne is a result of their face being dirty, but its not, and its drying their face and messing everything up, i had acne forever, for a really long time, and right, and i mean right, when i stopped using the products, it cleared up, probably a month and they were all gone. so dont believe me, its your loss, im just letting people know what happened with me. never in the history of mans evolution have we been exposed to these chemicals like we have now, its not natural, and it shows, its so obveouse. our body wouldnt have evolved to make us look bad because we're trying to impress the opposite sex to reproduce, and we always only had water, now we all use soap and it messes up our face. its just so obveouse. you guys are still looking for what is the miracle product, oh what is it, well im telling you what worked for me , be patient, really, its only a month, try it only one month, you'll see it work, one month of your life is no big deal, like i said you might break out once, i only broke out again one time after i did it, and if people try to tell you it doesnt work, then ask them if they tried it, and see what they might be selling, cause i think some people on here do advertise for companies

I've been doing nothing for like 2 months now and I havent got a big breakout or anything like that just results. Chemicals can really screw up your face.

I personally dont do anything to my face now... thats because i'm post accutane but i still have flare ups. With the flare ups i dont do anything recently i've been tempted to do something... but i keep reminding myself less is better for my skin, so all i do is wash with dove soap morning and night and thats it besides drinking heaps of water (which i just started) and hopefully that will do the trick... Also i suggest u change or wash ur pillow every week or less !

well, it could be. some people may have just had a temporary break out but they then started putting all those cheamicals on there face and made it worse. this was my case. i washed too much and put bp all over my face. now i wash it twice aday and i only get like 1 whitehead a week, which is barely noticable.

well, it could be. some people may have just had a temporary break out but they then started putting all those cheamicals on there face and made it worse. this was my case. i washed too much and put bp all over my face. now i wash it twice aday and i only get like 1 whitehead a week, which is barely noticable.

That's what happened to me but im still dealing with the results of the chemicals.

it works, try it, splash face with water 6- 10 times , 2 times a day, and pat it dry, dont rub your face at all. just leave it alone. your face will have very little oil on it, but its supposed to be that way, a natural moisterizer. you can also rince your face with the water in the shower and then pat it dry, i tried it and im saying it worked, people that havent tried it are saying it doesnt work. i did break out once after i tried it, like a week into it, but after that nothing, not one more anything, and thats pretty crazy when i always got cysts and not one more, people's face's reflect alot , and people walking around with cysts and crazy faces is not natural, its insane, it shouldnt be like that, i believe the products do that, so try it out.

I stopped using all those chemicals too. My face hasn't been in this good of a condition since before I hit puberty. It has a little ways to go, but now that I have stopped the abuse, I'm seeing improvement by the weeks.