Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItalHawk87

Salicylic Acid and its effectiveness?

i think the neutrogena body clear body scrub is very good at getting rid of acne bumps i use it twice a day and i think that is a lot of SA i wouldnt use more than one product and not more than once a day, and always use moisturizer bcuz it is a harsh product but i think that one works but many dont.

Yah I tried using the regular Neutrogena body clear bodywash with SA, and it didn't seem to work. It possibly even made my body acne worse.

But i tried the same version in a body scrub and it was much better. Less breakouts now, even though it has SA in it still.

it works better than bp i can tell you that.

well i guess everyone is diff...when i switched from sa products to bp for my body acne WOW worked so much better and ive tryed neutrogenas body wash, and the neutrogena body scrub, st. ives apricot scrub, pauals choice 2% acid, to name a few

I think the thing baout salicidic acid is it makes it worse for awhile, then starts to get better. It purges your skin more than bp but after ahile it might be effective. I always ditch it because of the purge but i remember my face doing that with te oxy pads and then it started working really well.. and of course everyones different so the best thing to do is see what works for you.