Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vicky83

does rose hip oil help for scars?

i have icepick/boxcar scars, some still kinda red...and i heard rosehip oil helped for scars? any knowledge about this magic oil compared to emu, jojoba, and flaxseed oil? thank you!

i have icepick/boxcar scars, some still kinda red...and i heard rosehip oil helped for scars? any knowledge about this magic oil compared to emu, jojoba, and flaxseed oil? thank you!

It is true that rosehip oil assists in fading the appearance of scars. Apply it only at night by massaging it into the massage until its completely absorbed. Emu oil and jojoba are not as easily absorbed into the skin and is not best for oily skin. The are normally set aside for dry skin and aging skin. Flaxseed oil is best taken internally and is rich in lignans, substances that are related to our hormone regulation. In turn that would help stabilise or hormones and combat acne, so it is believed.

I work at a spa and rosehip is used when facials are done and helps to combat redness and blotchy skin quite dramatically. Good luck.

Actually jojoba oil is fine on my oily skin but it's not really a scar treatment. Rosehip oil can exacerbate active acne if you still have it, so i heard.

thank u guys so much for your responses.

i have purchased rose hip mosquita/rose hip seed oil from whole food market, and the worker there said that it was suppose to help alot with scars more than their other oils.

i hope it doesn't cause any breakouts...but i will inform if there are any improvements with rosehip or breakouts.