Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simply_Me

sushi, crabs, crawl fish, seafood in general

so what is it guys, you think if i switch my diet to eating a lot of clams and seafood like salmon, crawl fish and sushi... my skin tone and texture and overall heal process will be quicker no??? can someone give me some "facts" about this style of diet? thanks

mmmm...clams sound very delicious. If your acne is sugar/carb sensitive, then eating more protein will be particularly beneficial. However, there are a.lways a good number of people who claim that seafood breaks them out (maybe the Iodine, maybe incompatible proteins). Some people claim that Omega-3 fatty acids cleared their skin (found in salmon, some other fish), but not that many. Usually, all the success stories are on the fish oil/flaxseed oil advertisements.....I'm getting way too cynical.

It varies on a person to person basis. The only way to find out is try eatign a diet heavy in those and see.

Certain seafood (crabs come first to mind) are high in iodine. An overdose of which can cause inflamed lesions... vis-a-vis acne.

Also beware the high cholesterol content of some seafood (shrimp are a big one). Not because it causes acne, but simply to maintain health.

Generally follow the usual rules of good health and enjoy your diet, keeping the potentially harmful elements in it in moderation and you should be fine barring any predisposed health conditions.