Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dolly87

aloe vera gel not doing anything :(

i had high hopes for this, but sadly it didnt even make the slightest difference, im begining to think what i have aren't red marks but something more serious and permanent, coz some have been there for 2 years and i've tried everythign that people said worked for them including aha, aloe vera, microd. kits and many others that didnt even make the SLIGHTEST difference :(

How long have you tried various treatments? I think that the more serious red marks will take a lot longer of consistent treatment before you even begin to notice the slightest change, even with the fancier treatments.

I am also beginning to get a little worried about a couple of my red marks which don't seem to ever get any less faded even after a slew of treatments over the past 3 or 4 months. But, I realize that 3 or 4 months might just not be enough time.

Have you considered v-beam? It seems like that is the most effective way of quickly dealing with even the worst redmarks, though I think there are a host of considerations to make before you can do it.

Also, what type of Aloe Vera are you using? are you sure it is 100% aloe GEL(not juice derived gel)?

Actually, aloe vera has help me with red marks. I used it 3x a day. I use lily of the desert. Just make sure you follow up with a moisturizer because aloe makes your skin very dry.

I also apply lemon juice and cucumber juice. Look at my sig.

Yeh I tried aloe vera also. I saw no results whatsoever, my redmarks WONT go away! Can anyone find a solution. Ive had these marks for 1 year now.

i've been using aloe vera for maybe around a month or so, and the aha for over 3 months...and not the slightest change, in fact i still break out so its adding on to the old scars, ya i used the 100% fruit of the earth one the one everybody is raving about :(

Guest nec77

if the red marks are old they are probably broken capillaries under the skin. So aloe vera wouldnt help those. Im not sure how long they take to go away. I scheduled a consultation with a laser dr. and I'll post what he tells me in a few weeks.

BROKEN CAPILLARIES!! that sounds so freaky..and permanent too...i can't afford laser :( plz update

You should try the green cream. It looks like its the next new trend. The retnoid helps regenerate your skin. So that could help with the redmarks, as some people claim.

Guest nec77

i think they heal... but take a super long time (someone tell me if im wrong), my consultation is May 20 something so its gonna be awhile.

i put %99 alo vera gel on my face for about 4 weeks but i do not see any improvements too i try everything for my redmarks but nothing worked.I think i will have chemical peelings next year i on a tight budget now :(

I've also been using Aloe Vera for several months now with no reduction of my red marks. My red marks have probably been there for a year if not more.

I'm trying out Green Cream now. So far I've used it for 2 weeks with no results. From what I've been reading, Green Cream may take several months before you see anything. I'll let you know if it does anything for my skin.

I currently don't have enough money for Laser treatment. I'm just finishing off school and have a crap load of school loan I have to pay off first. But maybe if all else fails, I can get some laser treatments in a year or so.