Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
airick

looking for a simple solution to help my acne on my back/upper arms

ive been able to take care of my acne on my face now but i still have acne of my back/upper arms and i hate to go swimming or whatever cause I'm too embarrased. what is something simple i could do to help?

sea salt baths, a shower scrub with a acne fighting ingredient(aka neatrogena body clear body scrub), a non clogging soap, cut down on sugars, lessen irritation to the back/upper arms, and a non pore clogging shampoo/conditioner should help a whole lot, and to prevent drying use a moisturizer/drink water

well the regimen that i do for my back (which seems to be doing fine) is first i apply 100% aloe vera gel (wait a

little bit or dries) then i put on an AHA moisturizer (wait a few min), then i put on a tea tree oil spry (i did it

myself about 50% TTO and 50% water)

thanks to both of you. I find it kinda funny though that the acne i get on my upper back/upper arms is where my shirts are most often resting on a daily basis. possibly some alergic reaction? I'm unsure.

I also suffer from acne on my back/shoulders/chest and wanted to be clear for summer. For the last three weeks I have tried to be more aggressive in clearing it up or at least reducing it. What I've been doing is twice a day washing my back/chest in an oil-free cleanser with SA (drugstore brand... work's surprizingly well and cheaper than the brand names), and gently exfoliating with a washcloth while I do so. Then I've been following it up with a toner that contains more SA and alcohol, and then I apply BP everywhere. I only apply the BP once a day at bedtime unless I plan on wearing a white shirt that day (it will bleach your clothes). I know what I've been doing might sound harsh on the skin, but for me it seems to be working quite well. I've been doing this faithfully everyday (with only a couple of exceptions) and it has made a big improvement in my skin... I'm not 100% clear but I'd say I've reduced it by about 80% so I plan on keeping this up as it looks better everyday.