Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TML

In love, but she'll never love me back

I'm a 17 year old guy with acne since i was 14. It's ruined my life comletely. Anyways, ive gotten to know this girl in my grade and ive always liked her. She is the most beautiful, smart, caring person ive ever met. It makes me so happy just to talk to her and see her. Ive just started talking to her about a month ago, and im in love with her, but she'll never feel anywhere near that for me, and it hurts me so much inside knowing that i would probably be more outgoing and have a better chance to be with her if i didnt have an acne problem. Can anyone else relate to this?

I have mild acne it didn't stop me from falling in love! i turned 17 in october, I met my current boyfriend john in late april..I soon found out how intelligent,caring,honest and attractive he was inside and out

we started hanging out in july and ended up dating by late july.. he didn't care about my acne he accepted me for the person who I am inside! he's the reason why I'm not so depressed about my acne as often as I used to be. There are still times where I look at myself and wish I could change my skin but even if I don't he'll still love me. he always tells me how much I mean to him and how I make him so happy, he says I should have more confidence and see how beautiful he thinks I am ofcourse that's physically impossible to see myself through his eyes. But I know he means what he says because he let's me know when it looks like my skin is doing a little better from previous days and gives me some advice when he feels he can help. being able to talk to him about my acne and everything else really helps, it makes me see it's not such a touchy subject and that many people deal with acne. once in a while he has a little bit too but it's very light and hardly even noticable and it doensn't bother me at all it's just the outside. he's still the same great guy i fell inlove with in july.

so you say this girl's amazing, she probly is!!, you'll never know if she feels the same inless you try just gp about it in the right way! HAVE CONFIDENCE =) in the begining of my relationship i was so shy and insecure and john really helped me through that *for the most part .. i was always shy even when i was really young but he cares about me so much and i never would have thought that until he told me and .. if he didn't i can gurantee i would be alone and going through some major depression because of acne and a lot of other issues he's helped me through and remember! it's a two way street but i'm sure you already know if you want to be listened to you should listen right back

well! that's the end of my rant, and if this amazing girl doesn't turn out to be the girl she seemed don't worry it just means she's not right for you

take care and good luck!

don't let acne get you down!

Yes i relate to this in a big way. I was deeply in love (still am) with a girl for 4 years. She however doesnt feel the same about me anymore. Theres no worser feeling and it hurts like mad. But your not on your own with this, theres lots of people in the same situation. At the end of the day, you can only do what you can do, if it isnt good enough then thats that. Believe me when i say i did everything for this girl and i've done so much i have no idea what else to do. There comes a point when you'll realise its really over and theres no worser feeling. I take it you two havent got into a proper relationship then? I know you like her alot but believe me it hurts alot more down the line if you get together and then she gets rid of you. 4 years is a long time, she was part of my life and will always be. Some people say when you die you go back to your happiest memory which for me would be being with her. Acne has ruined most of our lives, but it doesnt have to if you put it to one side. I know its hard i couldnt myself.. Have you told this girl you love her? Get yourself a suit, nice white shirt and black blazer, take her some flowers or something. Show her your serious and caring, nobody might of done that for her before. Sometimes you have to take risks, yes they can backfire but at least you can say "i tried". Which is exactly what i tell myself everyday. But seriously you cant beat a good suit, she will see your trying your hardest. Most girls say its not looks its personality so go see if thats true with this girl. Cause if it isnt, she aint worth it. Best wishes bro.

eh i never felt this way about any girl but about taking that risk... u should also consider wt may happen if she

says no... the friendship will also be over most likely cuz it will be awkward from that point on and such but

taking a risk is also good too... maybe get a friend of hers to get an answer out of her like if she would date u

and such

I'm a 17 year old guy with acne since i was 14. It's ruined my life comletely. Anyways, ive gotten to know this girl in my grade and ive always liked her. She is the most beautiful, smart, caring person ive ever met. It makes me so happy just to talk to her and see her. Ive just started talking to her about a month ago, and im in love with her, but she'll never feel anywhere near that for me, and it hurts me so much inside knowing that i would probably be more outgoing and have a better chance to be with her if i didnt have an acne problem. Can anyone else relate to this?

I fell in love with a girl while i was on tane, she was beautiful to me; and her personality was so kick arse i instantly liked her, and though my skin was tonnes better, i was competing with another guy (Who happened to be my best friend) who had perfectly clear skin, and this girl and i got on well and flirted with me and after a couple of months i was in love, she was all i thought about and i was so happy when i saw her, i wanted to be with her all the time. When she turned me down because she said she fancied my best mate, i felt like my world had collapsed and was so down. She rejected me for my best mate and i had to act like it didn't bother me.

However, good things come to those who wait. They didn't end up working out and me and her got closer again, i tried my best not to ask her out and pretty soon we were spending pretty much everyday together, and then she asked me out and we were together, around a week later she told me that she loved me and we were together for around 2 years. I was devastated when we broke up but i got over it in the end, and we're still friendly so im happy the way things have panned out.

So even though you may not think she may not recipricate it doesn't stop anything from changing, she may turn you down, she may not, she may turn you down and realise her feelings later on down the line, don't give up. She sounds like a great girl and even as crippling as acne is, it is thankfully not the be all end all in some people, are you going to pursue her or ask her out or are you waiting for her to do it?

Unrequited love has caused much pain for people throughout time. Usually, the person who 'loves' the other is at a lower status for whatever reason and that is why the recipient of the crush won't return the affection. Do yourself a favor and find someone who is at the same status as you and you will find mutual love. Most of society's status symbols are shallow and meaningless anyhow (wealth, looks, race, etc.).

Unrequited love has caused much pain for people throughout time. Usually, the person who 'loves' the other is at a lower status for whatever reason and that is why the recipient of the crush won't return the affection. Do yourself a favor and find someone who is at the same status as you and you will find mutual love. Most of society's status symbols are shallow and meaningless anyhow (wealth, looks, race, etc.).

So much easier said than done... :doubt:

Yeah TML it's difficult. I think it's probably just better to be her friend at the moment since you feel better when you speak to her, and try to understand her better and find out the type of person she is first. Then if you think that she's understanding enough or that you feel comfortable telling her the way you feel without making it akward after, then you could tell her but if you don't know her well enough you shouldn't say anything at the moment.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, i'm not ready to tell her how i feel, but just to be good friends with her would be amazing, because she is such a great person overall, she is perfect in every way.

Thanks a lot.

Let me tell you a story....

I liked this girl when I had worse acne condition and let my personality pretty much do the steering since I wasnt exactly relying on looks. However I never asked her out because I thought why the hell would she like someone with acne. So I decided I'd get more clear before I ask her out. After a while she started going out with this other dude, and I was way more clear and was hitting on her more often. And then I found out she had liked me a while back (the time of worse complexion) I was like damn it. Trust me, girls like good personality with a few zits then a total asshole thats cute.

So much easier said than done... :doubt:

Actually, it is easy. When you stop judging people by the society's arbitrary value system, you will find all sorts of great people. If the only people that you fall in love with happen to be 'near perfect' people, then you have to ask yourself, "Are you really in love or do you just want validation that you are special?" When you are a secure person, you can fall in love with somebody because you have mutual attraction and are compatible, not because they are society's prince/princess.

acnegotbetween my only chance,i am still feeling the pain now, dun letitstop you.