Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
labellasoul

persistant '' bumps ''

well, they're not necessarily pimples, per se.. but, they're little bumps that make your skin appear uneven? does anyone know what im talking about? they have no head.. they're just there.. what do you do to get rid of these.. to have smoother skin?? any suggestions?

Hey labellasoul,

I think I know what you're talking about. About a month ago, I started getting lots of them around my chin area. They are skin colored and from far away, your skin looks alright. But when you're close up and under bright light, it's all gross and bumpy looking. And when you feel your face, it is definitely not smooth.

I thought exfoliating more (with a facial brush) would make them go away, but for me, it seemed to make it the skin bumps worse. Though in my opinion, manual exfoliation is pretty healthy for your skin. Leaves it soft and smooth! The aspirin mask also did diddly squat for them. And squeezing them out is definitely a big no no! It'll only make them worse and make even more pop up!

I heard about jojoba oil and how it purges the skin, so I tried it. The first week, I didn't get any new pimples. The second week, I didn't get NEW pimples, but the OLD tiny bumps started to come to a head. I got more and more whiteheads around my chin area, but they were all the bumps that were previously skin colored. I'm on my third week of using jojoba oil (plus a drop of tea tree oil) and my chin area is healing. It feels really smooth now but it's a bit red from all the inflammation before. When I angle my face in bright light, I don't see any more bumps. Hopefully with some neosporin, the redness will go away.

Not sure if this is the thing you want to do, but it is an option.

I get these mainly on my forehead, usually near the hairline. I've found that regular exfoliation has helped (it doesn't look great right afterwards, so I do this at night) - usually with a clean, soft washcloth. Its strange, mine sort of come and go - in the morning I can't see them most of the time, after a hot shower they show up again. If I do a clay mask, they usually pop up again.

Facials have helped me somewhat. I am also starting to use mandelic acid - I've read good things on the message boards about mandelic, so I am hoping it will help. Retinoids would probably be helpful for these bumps as well. I had starting using Differin, but I recently got a glycolic peel, and my skin is a bit too irritated to add the Differin back in, so I'm waiting a few days. I am hoping that between the mandelic and the differin, I can banish these things for good! They are really my only skin problem at the moment (but they're damn persistent!). I never had these until a few months ago, its really weird....

a lot of these work, but i dont see how it completely stops the problem, it may continue to work as you continue to use the products, im soooo confused to as how topical ointments can make it all back to normal and not let acne break out again after a month of application, what is the root cause of acne and these pimples and whatever other small things that pop up?

yea i have the exact same things on my chin area.i've found out its from your skin not beeing hidrated enough.i've noticed that wen my face is dry there becomes more and when its not they dont look that bad.so i'm going to start using a moisturizer daily and drink alt of water and take these vegitable pills(vitamins) cuz i nevr eat tehm and i read that they help hydrate your skin to keep it healthy.so thats my look on these enoying ass things.i have one pic in my photo album with an upclose picture of them, pm me and tell me what you think.

I was just gonna make a post about the same thing. My face isnt clear but if I didnt have these bumps on my chin/jawline area it would look like I have pretty good skin. Ive had these things for months and nothing works to make them smaller or bring them to a head. Well not until the last few days. I have been using a new cleanser, Alpha Beta Cleanser from dianayvonne.com and I think that it might be helping. Also Ive been using Green Cream Level 6 and since I started it all the tiny little bumps have become larger bumps and the larger ones are starting to come to a head. It took a little while for that to happen, Ive been using the Level 6 GC for a month or so and this is all just starting in the past few days.

I was just hoping to find something that would work faster. These things are the worst, if I pop them I get a mark, if I leave them alone I get a mark. My entire chin/jawline area is covered with marks that mounds of makeup wont even cover. :wall:

I was just gonna make a post about the same thing. My face isnt clear but if I didnt have these bumps on my chin/jawline area it would look like I have pretty good skin. Ive had these things for months and nothing works to make them smaller or bring them to a head. Well not until the last few days. I have been using a new cleanser, Alpha Beta Cleanser from dianayvonne.com and I think that it might be helping. Also Ive been using Green Cream Level 6 and since I started it all the tiny little bumps have become larger bumps and the larger ones are starting to come to a head. It took a little while for that to happen, Ive been using the Level 6 GC for a month or so and this is all just starting in the past few days.

I was just hoping to find something that would work faster. These things are the worst, if I pop them I get a mark, if I leave them alone I get a mark. My entire chin/jawline area is covered with marks that mounds of makeup wont even cover. :wall:

i'd try green cream bu tits too expensive.i'm just gonna try and keep my face really mositurized and see if that does it.if not well f**ckit, lifes sucks then you die lol

if retnin a doesnt [urge those suckers out which im sure it will , i advise getting extractions those should get them out for good. i had all those suckers on the top of my chin area. you could see them clearly when i would roll my chin toward my lip. extractions and retnin brought them to surface but the purging process could be a little bad

I am prone to these too. They seem to be the mildest form of non-inflammatory acne. I get them when my grains, sugars and fruit consumption has gotten too high. I used to use Retin-A or some glycolic acid which worked. But now if I get them I just apply a good layer of salt and sleep the night with it. It works just as well.

sence i've been moisturizing daily i was able to gently squeeze them out finally, there was soo much white stuff in them, i had to squeeze each on like three times to get all eeh crap out! worked though, the mositurizer softened up all the crap in the and before i moisturized i couodn't pop any o fthem, if i tried it would ge tinfected and turn like three into a huge acne bump, all red and paintful.f**kin sucked.

This past week I started using jojoba oil again and I really think they helped with my persistant bumps. The Green Cream had already made them larger, like they were coming to a head. Then after using the jojoba oil for awhile three of the bumps all became whiteheads, then they popped/healed on their own (when I woke up the next day they were gone) and now the marks are healing. I dont know why I stopped using jojoba oil. My entire face looks better. Oh, and there was one zit on my jawline that was just starting to form and in two days it came to a head and was gone, this I believe was from the jojoba oil. Ive read that people buy the more expensive jojoba oil b/c its pressed or something, well I buy the Vitamin Shoppe brand b/c its only $6 and I have no problems with it at all. If youre looking for a good moisturizer please just give it a try. For around $6 what do you have to lose? HTH :D

This past week I started using jojoba oil again and I really think they helped with my persistant bumps. The Green Cream had already made them larger, like they were coming to a head. Then after using the jojoba oil for awhile three of the bumps all became whiteheads, then they popped/healed on their own (when I woke up the next day they were gone) and now the marks are healing. I dont know why I stopped using jojoba oil. My entire face looks better. Oh, and there was one zit on my jawline that was just starting to form and in two days it came to a head and was gone, this I believe was from the jojoba oil. Ive read that people buy the more expensive jojoba oil b/c its pressed or something, well I buy the Vitamin Shoppe brand b/c its only $6 and I have no problems with it at all. If youre looking for a good moisturizer please just give it a try. For around $6 what do you have to lose? HTH :D

What is it that jojoba oil does exactly? does it get rid of scarring at all?

well, they're not necessarily pimples, per se.. but, they're little bumps that make your skin appear uneven? does anyone know what im talking about? they have no head.. they're just there.. what do you do to get rid of these.. to have smoother skin?? any suggestions?

Those are clogged pores. They can go very deep. Please ignore anyone who suggests popping, picking, or scrubbing them off ... you will just end up with a face full of RED bumps. And maybe a few scars to show for it later.

The most effective way of purging your pores is to use a topical retinoid. Since your acne sounds pretty mild, you don't want a really irritating one like Tazorac. Consider Retin A .05% or lower; Differin; or a highly active OTC retinoid such as Green Cream, Avene's Diacneal, or one of the Vivant Vitamin A products.

I had a face FULL of these last December, and they are all gone now. :dance:

Thanks for the help lion queen. Im not sure if that bumps being talked abouyt here are like mine, but mine are sort of redish little bumps around my moth area. I have some funkyness down by my ching that looks all bumby, but its the same color of my skin. The only time they get read is after im done with my shower/washing, cleansing my face, or when i put BP on it. When i press into them there not soar and evrything like a pimple. but after I wash my face or put a chemical on/around them, they get all stingy and red.

a lot of these work, but i dont see how it completely stops the problem, it may continue to work as you continue to use the products, im soooo confused to as how topical ointments can make it all back to normal and not let acne break out again after a month of application, what is the root cause of acne and these pimples and whatever other small things that pop up?

Comedonal acne -- "clogged pores" -- tends to be persistent. I have had it since I was 11, and expect to have it for the rest of my life. My skin cells just don't shed properly. So far as I know there is no permanent cure. Topical retinoids prevent the skin cells from clumping together and blocking my pores, and as long as I use them, I can control my skin troubles. So I am just going to keep using them. It's no hardship; they are also powerful collagen-builders and keep the skin looking young and hydrated. Lots of people who DON'T have acne use retinoids just for the anti-aging benefits.

I have read some things in the Diet/Holistic forum about systemic inflammation being at the root of all or most acne evils, but frankly I am not convinced it applies to me, for reasons I won't get into right now. I believe my skin troubles are hereditary.

Thanks for the help lion queen. Im not sure if that bumps being talked abouyt here are like mine, but mine are sort of redish little bumps around my moth area. I have some funkyness down by my ching that looks all bumby, but its the same color of my skin. The only time they get read is after im done with my shower/washing, cleansing my face, or when i put BP on it. When i press into them there not soar and evrything like a pimple. but after I wash my face or put a chemical on/around them, they get all stingy and red.

Sounds like clogged pores to me. The redness is from irritation ... possibly you are scrubbing too hard or using products that are too harsh for your skin.

BP is antibacterial. It will not unclog your pores. Clogged pores are full of dead skin cells and old dried sebum. See my advice above about topical retinoids ...

Because BP tends to dehydrate the skin, it can actually contribute to clogged pores ... dehydrated skin is more prone to comedone formation.

IMO, the best regimen for clogged pores is:

-- A very gentle cleanser with no detergents, acids, or BP

-- The topical retinoid of your choice ... there are many good options, both prescription and OTC

-- A light, non-comedogenic moisturizer with SPF of at least 15

What is it that jojoba oil does exactly? does it get rid of scarring at all?

I honestly dont know what it is that the jojoba oil does. I originally bought it as a moisturizer b/c I read that it was good for oily skin. I have just found through using it that it helps to bring my zits to a head very quickly. It does not help with my scarring though. I wouldnt call my scarring bad in that they are superficial scars (not indented scars) but it is bad in that just about every pimple leaves a red mark that turns brown after a couple days.

yea bp definitly doesn't work for them.it drys your skin out and causes more oil prodcution and just makes them bigger and less popable (if you choose to) i know exactly what you have becaus ei had them too, really bad until i starte dmoisturizing adn it softened all th estuff in them up and when i gently squeezed one just to see what would happen a long line of white stuff came out of it.not sayin you should try it but its your choice, i'm just telling you from experience bp doens't help those at all and makes them worse.moisturized skin helps them and prevents them.it says everywhere that dry skin is unhealthy skin.green cream and al teh stuff lion queen talkes about will probly work sence she had the same thing and now is clear.the products are expensive, which is why i took things into my own hands lol

green cream and al teh stuff lion queen talkes about will probly work sence she had the same thing and now is clear.the products are expensive, which is why i took things into my own hands lol

Yes, it is unfortunate that the products are expensive .... and also unfortunate that they are only available online, which I know makes them inconvenient or out of reach for many people.

On the other hand ... these products actually work. And because they are formulated to be powerful and effective, you only need to use a small amount at a time, and you do not need to buy an array of toners and masks and scrubs and whatnot at the drugstore. All you need is a very simple, gentle cleanser; one of these treatments; and a noncomedogenic moisturizer/sunscreen with SPF of at least 15.

So far, the only treatment for comedonal acne I've found on these boards that is truly cheap AND effective is Jess Stuart's synthetic brush exfoliation method. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite enough to get rid of my bumps and clogged pores, although it did (and does) help.