Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smoothbig

Using AHA with this regimen

is it before... or after BP, and how does it mix with BP.

so far ive been doing this.

Wash with cetaphil (wait 15)

Apply BP (wait 15)

Appy AHA (wait 10)

Apply (another moisturiser with SPF 15 if going out)

it just seems like youre mixing aha into ur skin with bp, will that stop bp from working.

so great results with AHA, really recommend it for everyone. but a bit cautious as it is not a real product of the regimen so could swing bad.

is it before... or after BP, and how does it mix with BP.

so far ive been doing this.

Wash with cetaphil (wait 15)

Apply BP (wait 15)

Appy AHA (wait 10)

Apply (another moisturiser with SPF 15 if going out)

it just seems like youre mixing aha into ur skin with bp, will that stop bp from working.

so great results with AHA, really recommend it for everyone. but a bit cautious as it is not a real product of the regimen so could swing bad.

I apply a moistrizer with AHA in it

Personally, I'd put the bp on first so it can get down deep into the pores, then follow that with the AHA.

Several months ago there was a big thread on this whole subject, and I remember people saying that if you put on the AHA first, the bp seemed to sortof liquidize (if that is a word!) and thin out and did not seem to ever absorb.

But in the end, people were doing it both ways, some before the bp, some after the bp. So, I don't think it really matters a whole lot.

I have a quick question... ok so like you guys said.... apply the BP then apply your AHA moisturizer. Does the AHA really affect the BP's job? Also... yeah I know you don't "need" AHA in Dan's regimen, but I am using it anyway. Does that effect the regimen's results? I just want to fade all of these terrible visible redmarks while clearing up (I've been on the regimen for almost a month).

Ya Dami3n I'm using the same moisturizer as you hehe. About 60% of my acne is redmarks so, it's best to get some AHA to speed the process peeps.