Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sc4r3d

Skin Morphology Question

Does anyone know wht the average depth of the Hypodermis is on the Facial Cheek area?

I cannot find this information anywhere.

I have read about how deep the epidermis and dermis is.

THe deepest layer of the dermis is the Hypodermis or Sub Cutaneous Level. In the cheek area about how deep is it?

In a normal cheek not a sunken in cheek. Not sure if that makes a difference or not? Is it as much and 1 inch deep? 3/4 inch deep? 1/2 inch deep or is it way less?

Just behind the Hypodermis is usually the muscle. If that heps any.

Hope someone knows the answer to this question.

THe reason I do ask is that I had Sculptra injected by my DR the last time. he used a 25G and either 1 inch or 7/8 needle length. Normally you are suppose to use a 26G 1/2 inch needle. he said in the cheeck area in has to go really deep almost into the muscle. That is the part I tend to disagree on. You only go into the muscle using sculptra into th eupper portions of the cheek. They call that DEOPT injections.

In the Cheek and lower areas of the face you go inject into the Sub Cutaneous Level (Hypodermis). You use a tunneling technique. Thats usually means you as you inject you slowly move the needle down and out leaving a trail of the Sculptra.

Anyhow does anyone knwo is Centimeters or inches how deep the Hyodermis is in an average individual?

THanks

Thanks crzyakta. Cool little link and it definitely answers the question with the average hypodermis being about 15 mm.

Does anyone know wht the average depth of the Hypodermis is on the Facial Cheek area?

I cannot find this information anywhere.

I have read about how deep the epidermis and dermis is.

THe deepest layer of the dermis is the Hypodermis or Sub Cutaneous Level. In the cheek area about how deep is it?

In a normal cheek not a sunken in cheek. Not sure if that makes a difference or not? Is it as much and 1 inch deep? 3/4 inch deep? 1/2 inch deep or is it way less?

Just behind the Hypodermis is usually the muscle. If that heps any.

Hope someone knows the answer to this question.

THe reason I do ask is that I had Sculptra injected by my DR the last time. he used a 25G and either 1 inch or 7/8 needle length. Normally you are suppose to use a 26G 1/2 inch needle. he said in the cheeck area in has to go really deep almost into the muscle. That is the part I tend to disagree on. You only go into the muscle using sculptra into th eupper portions of the cheek. They call that DEOPT injections.

In the Cheek and lower areas of the face you go inject into the Sub Cutaneous Level (Hypodermis). You use a tunneling technique. Thats usually means you as you inject you slowly move the needle down and out leaving a trail of the Sculptra.

Anyhow does anyone knwo is Centimeters or inches how deep the Hyodermis is in an average individual?

THanks

THanks.

THen it does make sense in order to hit the SUB CUtaneous LEvel in a normal or average person to use a needle longer than 1/2 inch maybe up to 1 inch or more.

So the 1/2 inch needle is probably meant to use on patients who have lipoatrophy where the skin is almost flattened on top of the muscle.

For a normal individual who just wnats to do some augmentation a needle 1 to 1 and 1/2 inch is about normal to hit the Floor of the SUb Cutanenous or Hypodermis?