Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy1

eye brow waxing and Tretinoin

happy to say that still takin oral antibiotics and stievamycin gel, and my skin has never been better...the thing is i'm getting my makeup for prom done at merele norman and the woman said to come in a day before to get my eyebrows done...on their pamphelt it says that they don't do waxing for ppl taking retin a or antibiotic....i do not apply any of the cream on my eyebrow areas and i don't have really sensitive skin but i was wondering if u guys thought this would be a problem? is it okay for me to get an eyebrow wax?

happy to say that still takin oral antibiotics and stievamycin gel, and my skin has never been better...the thing is i'm getting my makeup for prom done at merele norman and the woman said to come in a day before to get my eyebrows done...on their pamphelt it says that they don't do waxing for ppl taking retin a or antibiotic....i do not apply any of the cream on my eyebrow areas and i don't have really sensitive skin but i was wondering if u guys thought this would be a problem? is it okay for me to get an eyebrow wax?

I'm a licensed esthetician and 90% of my business is waxing. The reason they don't want to wax you is that retinoids thin the epidermis. They do however cause a thickening effect to the dermis, but like I said the epidermis gets thinner. Even if you are not sensitive, the waxing can cause you damage by way of lifting skin. (ripping off your skin) Even if you dont apply it to the eyebrow area the skin absorbs it and it creeps to other areas.

If you really have to have your brows done stop your retinoid use for atleast a week before. Try using a thick eyecream at night all over the eye area at night BEFORE you apply the retinoid. You should really do this anyway all the time. It helps to stops the bleeding of the cream into the eye area.

Ask the technician to prep you by doing the following, 1)Cleanse eye area with creamy cleanser 2)apply pre waxing oil and massage a sec, then blot 3)next apply powder 4)then procede with waxing. 5)Then apply some sort of soothing cream, preferably something with hydocortisone or camomile. It is best to use stripless wax as it is alot more gentle to the skin. You could avoid all this by asking the tech to just tweeze your arches or try threading.

Hope this helped you a bit.

well havent done waxing but i have done threading on my eyebrows while on tretinoin and roaccutane.....

well havent done waxing but i have done threading on my eyebrows while on tretinoin and roaccutane.....

soo...from what i can understand waxing would be kind risky but threading is okay?