Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Riverscuomo

three questions on sea salt

1. I am using proactive. it does a great job on my face but a Okay job on my back. Will sea salt have any odd effects or anyhting if you know what i mean.

2. also how do you use it? just fill up your tub with it.

3. also where do i buy it? how much?

I have no idea whether it will work or not, but you can find sea salt at any grocery store - and it's usually super cheap. Just look in the herbs and spices section where you buy your regular table salt.

1. I am using proactive. it does a great job on my face but a Okay job on my back. Will sea salt have any odd effects or anyhting if you know what i mean.

1. i dont know, im using it along with AcneFree (a knockoff brand of ProActiv). check the regimen in my signature to see exactly what im doing.

2. yeah, pour a cup of sea salt, a cup of table salt, and if you want, a cup of baking soda into your tub. you may have to stir it up with your hands until it has all dissolved.

3. buy it at your local grocery store. it costs me about $1.50 for 32 oz of salt.. each one of those has about 3 cups. so, each day you're spending about a dollar. i stock up on a couple packages every time i go to the store

1. i dont know, im using it along with AcneFree (a knockoff brand of ProActiv). check the regimen in my signature to see exactly what im doing.

2. yeah, pour a cup of sea salt, a cup of table salt, and if you want, a cup of baking soda into your tub. you may have to stir it up with your hands until it has all dissolved.

3. buy it at your local grocery store. it costs me about $1.50 for 32 oz of salt.. each one of those has about 3 cups. so, each day you're spending about a dollar. i stock up on a couple packages every time i go to the store

i have one more question.

What does sea salt do. soften skin. Kill acne.

wait, is there a difference between puring salt on ur back and pouring salt water on ur back :eh:

sea salt dries the skin and kills acne bacteria. however, it doesnt dry the skin in a bad way - not the winter, chapped, flaky, painful dry. it feels very healthy.

wait, is there a difference between puring salt on ur back and pouring salt water on ur back :eh:

when salt is dissolved in water it is a solution. this solution can be absorbed into the skin - which is why you don't want to leave the bath until the skin on your fingers begins to "prune." that's a sign that you have absorbed a lot of the sea salt water. i don't think you could make your skin simply absorb salt by bathing in it.

sea salt dries the skin and kills acne bacteria. however, it doesnt dry the skin in a bad way - not the winter, chapped, flaky, painful dry. it feels very healthy.

when salt is dissolved in water it is a solution. this solution can be absorbed into the skin - which is why you don't want to leave the bath until the skin on your fingers begins to "prune." that's a sign that you have absorbed a lot of the sea salt water. i don't think you could make your skin simply absorb salt by bathing in it.

will letting the salt water dry on your skin after you bathe be more affective than rinsing it off after you bathe?

no idea. i'd imagine so, but i cant come up with any scientific explanation for it haha

sometimes after i take a sea salt bath i just get out and dry off, other times i take a shower and then get out and dry off. doesnt seem to make all that big of a difference to me

I actually am a little older (thirty) so i dont have time for a nightly prune bath so i just keep a jar of sea salt in the shower and use it as an exfoliant. At the end of the shower i rub sea salt mixed with purpose and tea tree essential oil (the recipe is posted on a thread)on my back and chest. then i shave, or do push ups against the wall to let it soak for awhile. then i rinse and get out. am clearing pretty well too. I hate to even write that in black and white for fear that its a coincidence. Its been about three weeks now that ive been doing this. Still if you are a teenager, and have the time to take a bath, by all means treat yourself. I would LOVE to soak every night!

sooo...i'm using duac right now for my back...but i'm about to start this sea salt bath thing....my question is...do i still use the duac? i usually put it on at night before i go to bed, so do i just put it on after the bath? or not use it at all? if anyone has an answer for me i'd appreciate it. thanks!