Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

Does not washing face for a day

Yesterday i was watching TV and nodded off and didnt have the strength and motivation to keep myself from falling asleep so i didnt wash my face. Ive done this a couple times but im wondering if it is THAT big of a deal?

I think it depends on the person..

Some people can leave their make up on and still have no breakouts or people who don't wash their face for days and notice their skin got better.

maybe immediately your face will break out, but I would be surprised if it affected accutane's efficiency in the long run.

One of the things I've enjoyed about the drug is that I do not have to clean myself as often. Remember: not showering = punk.

As everyone is different, I can only speak for myself.

I have very oily skin, and if I don't wash my face every 3 or 4 hours my face is like an oil slick, and my acne gets worse.

And my skin looks and feels better if I keep it clean. Besides, having a coat of oil on my

face feels like crap.

However, washing my face more often than that won't help my acne, either. In other words,

you can't wash acne away.

I think you have to experiment and see what works for you.

when i first started i didn't need to wash my face anymore...which was great.

my skin was so dry it was terrible.

fortunately, my body has bounced back and provided me with a little more moisture on my face, and I don't have to worry about that...and I can wash it again.

yay.

but, if i didn't wash it, i dont think it would be a problem either.

bnd.

maybe immediately your face will break out, but I would be surprised if it affected accutane's efficiency in the long run.

One of the things I've enjoyed about the drug is that I do not have to clean myself as often. Remember: not showering = punk.

HA, that's funny. When I was on accutane I literally showered 2 to 3 times a day just because I knew I had to wash my face. Now I shower like once every 2 days because my face is clear/doesnt get dry. Kinda gross but yeah...