Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lucinda

Does EVERYBODY get an IB with roaccutane?!?!

I was just wondering if an IB is something everybody goes through on roaccutane.

I am starting uni in sept and i am undecided about whether i should just get roaccutane now, or try and dull my acne down in a 'natural' way first. If I get it i should get it asap as to get the IB over and done with before the start of uni right?

I don't know, I'm so confused! I'm posting at 00.48 in the morning! Thats how messed up i am about bloody acne!! Grrrrr at acne.

Lucy xx

I got a few spots but to reduce the initial break out you can start on a lower dose and then up the dose I think thats what a lot of people do isn't it? I'm not really far enough into my treatment to be able to tell if an IB has happened lol. If I get one it will happen soon, lol. But I mean, the way accutane seems to clear some people up it won't matter that you have loads of spots in the first few weeks of uni lol. Then when people see you again they'll be like, OMG you look amazing!

Yes, it's very common. It's the same deal with the topical retinoids. The theory is that it pushes all the oil out. It needs to go somewhere...

mine was very small but i believe it was from stopping other treatments before the accutane was in my system, it wasnt the accutane itself that caused the IB IMO

Depends on the severity of ur acne, my derm said. Mild suffers dont really get a IB. I didn't but my acne carried on throughtout the course at a level.

Ps - If thats u in ur avator :wub:

i have mild acne and i didnt really get an IB. Maybe 3-4 small new pimples but i cant even remember what life was like with oil reproducing itself every hour after i wiped it off. Im taking this for granted big time cause i would go crazy if i had to do that again.

I did not get any IB. My skin started getting better dramatically within two weeks. I think the key is to wash properly and drink LOTS of water, as it helps with keeping the redness down. I drink atleast 15 glasses of water/day

I got one onto the 5-6 week. :cry:

I've to say the first few weeks there was a good improvement but then my skin got worse.

But the last days its getting better again and I hope it'll go on like that.

I never got an IB either. There are a few things to remember.. be extra careful with your skin, moisterize twice daily, and drink lots of water. I changed my regimen before taking accutane and it started to get better. If your doctor slowly increases your dose, you probably will not have as big an IB either. It takes getting used to esp when if you have been dealing with acne for most of your life. Be gentle and you should be ok. Goodluck.. this has been a lifesaver for me. Hopefully you will have the same thing. Cheers! :dance: