Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
u4ria

ACNE DATING SERVICE,WHY NOT?

Since someone brought up the idea of acne camp earlyer this morning i thought id bring up acne dating service THERE SHOULD BE ONE!!! in every state/country be it a website or a group that meets up somewhere or something. as a man with acne it's hard as hell meeting girls that would consider dating a man with acne (never seem to have a girlfriend longer than a few weeks). Those clear skinned girls are hard to KEEP!!! I imagine meeting women with skin problems like mine would go a long way in helping me maintain and stay in a long lasting relationship.

no offnse, but how pathetic..

"clear skinned girls"..lol

its like saying, "hi everyone, i think im not as good as you and so here is my dating service to date others like me with acne...because im not as good, pretty/handsome/worthy enough to date a person with clear skin as they are better then me.."

meeting a person that would be with u because u had acne is just as shallow as someone not going out with u because of your acne....talk about making it an issue and seperating yourself..ppl here want to feel normal and liked by anyone, no matter what..not to be labelled as a special cause..

ffs, its just acne..should ppl of 1 race get along better? ppl in wheelchairs should date 1 another? a club especially for acne sufferers to date.....what next...

Since someone brought up the idea of acne camp earlyer this morning i thought id bring up acne dating service THERE SHOULD BE ONE!!! in every state/country be it a website or a group that meets up somewhere or something. as a man with acne it's hard as hell meeting girls that would consider dating a man with acne (never seem to have a girlfriend longer than a few weeks). Those clear skinned girls are hard to KEEP!!! I imagine meeting women with skin problems like mine would go a long way in helping me maintain and stay in a long lasting relationship.

I know exactly what you mean...hmmm...how old are you? :D

Hi brokenflower i'm 28, people with acne are a seperate entity from everyone else. Even though some people might not like the idea becouse it separates us even further, i still believe there needs to be acne dating services.

lol u know this may not be a bad idea... but id prefer maybe an acne sex service cuz i just don't want to die a

virgin (which looks like it could happen) but a dating service would make things a lot easier :razz:

to think this way though, means u think u are different...and less then somoene with clear skin..because obviously u wouldnt join this dating service if u think u could be with anyone. it reeks of insecurity, low self esteem and not liking who u are...and u wanna hook up with ppl that think the same as this? sounds like the easy way out...aswell as openly labelling ppl with acne as having some kind of disability..i mean who's side are u on?

yeah truly pathetic...what happens when u get clear skin? u gonna dump your 'acne partner'? because that's what u are saying, acnified ppl and clear skinned ppl dont mix well together...i like the acne camp idea...thats totally different...its like a support group..but dating..oh my god.

lol u know this may not be a bad idea... but id prefer maybe an acne sex service cuz i just don't want to die a

virgin (which looks like it could happen) but a dating service would make things a lot easier :razz:

that's creepy

that's creepy

lol im going to agree with u on that one... that italhawk87 is a real wierdo and pathetic.... i say OFF WITH HIS HEAD FOR PAINTING THE ROSES RED [email protected]

to think this way though, means u think u are different...and less then somoene with clear skin..because obviously u wouldnt join this dating service if u think u could be with anyone. it reeks of insecurity, low self esteem and not liking who u are...and u wanna hook up with ppl that think the same as this? sounds like the easy way out...aswell as openly labelling ppl with acne as having some kind of disability..i mean who's side are u on?

yeah truly pathetic...what happens when u get clear skin? u gonna dump your 'acne partner'? because that's what u are saying, acnified ppl and clear skinned ppl dont mix well together...i like the acne camp idea...thats totally different...its like a support group..but dating..oh my god.

shut tha fuck up already, when ur ass is suffering with bad acne than ur bitch ass can say sumthin about how we think of ourselves, and who we should be with. u dont even got 1 pic posted up so all u who say itz pathetic, sound pretty damn pathetic urselves. u dont know how this shit feelz so shut tha fuck up.

i was another member on here b4 this username..i had over 6000 posts on this board so go back in your corner..im on accutane...my acne was shocking but im not going to meet up with other "acne" ppl purely for dating reasons..open your eyes. im 6 yrs older then u and been dealing with this shit a lot longer..yeah..nice photos..cant see a damn thing..so excuse me if i dont take what u said at all seriously.

i was another member on here b4 this username..i had over 6000 posts on this board so go back in your corner..im on accutane...my acne was shocking but im not going to meet up with other "acne" ppl purely for dating reasons..open your eyes. im 6 yrs older then u and been dealing with this shit a lot longer..yeah..nice photos..cant see a damn thing..so excuse me if i dont take what u said at all seriously.

Tenshi, can't you tell he's a G!? Just observe how mean he looks in his pics. :lol:

You raise a valid concern when you asked whether it would change the nature of a relationship started at an acne dating service if one of those involved got clear. From the thread starters logic it would appear that person would suddenly think of themselves as better, and deserving of a clear skinned partner. Which is obviously bullshit.

Although there are dating services for those suffering from permanent conditions, such as dwarfism.

Although there are people with different types of acne so wouldn't those with less acne be at an advantage compared to those with severe acne? I don't think it'd be a bad idea but it'd be difficult to have something such as that and make it fair. I also don't think that if one person was cleared of acne that they would need to split up since that doesn't make sense. The service would only be for people to meet one another and doesn't have anything to do with what happens afterward.

What you think of my logic is what's bullshit here Animal. I would in no way ditch a women like that after meeting her through a dating service if we really hit it off and then i suddenly got clear.Im not a cold hearted bastard (ive had this bullshit disease for 11 years i know how it is),in fact i would help her in her trek to become clear herself and id prove it with a diamond ring that ill allway's be there for her.

What you think of my logic is what's bullshit here Animal. I would in no way ditch a women like that after meeting her through a dating service if we really hit it off and then i suddenly got clear.Im not a cold hearted bastard (ive had this bullshit disease for 11 years i know how it is),in fact i would help her in her trek to become clear herself and id prove it with a diamond ring that ill allway's be there for her.

You said it's hard as hell meeting clear skinned girls who would consider dating a guy with acne. If this were true, does it not also follow that if a girl were to date a guy with acne, and then hers cleared up, she would want to leave him?

The fact is your logic was flawed in the first place; if a clear skinned girl likes a guy it doesn't matter what condition his skin is in, and vice versa of course. You act like a guy with acne can't date a clear skinned girl, and this is just not the case.

I don't know if you've realised this yet, but just because someone has acne, it doesn't mean they arn't as shallow as the next person.

Of course there are going to be rare freak flukes where a guy who could be awarded the zit of the month award like myself might get lucky enough to have a model girlfriend.But in the real world that's not likely (maybe in your dreamworlds/phantasy lands). but i have done my fare share of traveling in my time and have yet to see it at any mall,restaurant,movie theatre or state ive ever been to or anywhere else for that matter.It could work both way's on who leaves who if one should one become clear,In a case with me she would have to be the one to leave becouse clear or not i wouldent go anywhere.

just seems strange, something u dislike so much about yourself u could eventualy look past in someone else once they got clear later on or not..if u could find beauty in each other wether u had acne or not....what in hell difference does it make then who u date? why cant u like youirself then? because if u go into dating feeling this shitty way about yourself, nobody is going ot love u..no matter how u look...

I dunno what to say lads and ladesses. Do not be bound by acne condition to chose who you date perhaps?

People will still be willing to date you regardless of acne. It's just you have to know of her needs and satisfiy them.

But nonetheless, on topic, I'd say it's not a good idea but "to each his/her own"!

You guys, let's all take a deep breath for a second... I think that this may actually an idea worth considering, although I can definitely see things from Crystal's perspective as well. if I'd taken the 1st post the way that she has and some of you as well, I know I'd feel the same way, because I can see where everyone is coming from. I don't want anyone to feel like they're not good enough for someone-however I'm not sure that was the case here.

It seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that u4ria has had trouble meeting women based on his skin. That's basically just been a fact of his life-there's nothing he can do about what's happened and the way his skin has affected his confidence. From the sounds of it, he doesn't sound very optimistic that his acne will clear any time soon, which is a pretty depressing place for most of us to be when you think about it. so I have compassion for this guy, I know you do too Crystal (who did have over 6000 posts btw and is a sweetheart).

I don't think he's saying at all that people with acne are not as good as people without acne, and that they don't deserve to date someone without acne. if I read him correctly I got the feel that since he's had so much trouble with this situation, and it's one that has isolated him from the rest of the dating pool so to speak, he thinks he may have a better shot @ finding someone who understands what he's going through. not someone who is on a lower level than the people with clear skin-because those of us with acne are generally the first ones to tell anyone who will listen that this is not our fault, and that it doesn't make us a bad person.

I know that being female, it's a lot easier for us to find guys to date us than it is for a guy, especially one who may have what he cosiders embarrassing acne. I think that by meeting up with people who share a common problem, while not necessarily a 'dating service' I think a 'friendship first' even over the net kind of thing could have potential. you can meet so many bright, friendly people on the web before you see what they look like, before cutting them off via snap judgements like 'oh he's too fat' or 'she's too bony' or 'his nose is way too big' etc that can really make us focus on some petty bullshit rather than get to know a person. I think the internet has been a boon for that..problematic in other areas but I think it's opened a new world for communicating.

maybe I'm way off base but I was just calling it like I see it...I do think a friendship first acne dating service would be tight tho.

yeah thats why i said the camp is a good idea..its support forum and a way to meet othr ppl...a dating site is purely jumping to the next level..and yeah, i see your point too..its harder for a guy and to be with acne and have a girl reject u because of it would be harsh (or vice versa)...i just feel its a step in the wrong direction to 'date' another person with acne exclusively...maybe it seems just the easy way out to me..because u know it will be safe. when many ppl with clear skin dont care about this..there is rejection everywhere..

but the acne camp thing great...who knows what could happn there..u really could find someone that sees u for u and who would understand..that to me, is a completely different and healthier thing..

Guest Realist

I don't think we need a dating site for acne at all. Like Tenishi said, "dating" skips past friendship... which is what Acne.org is for. Plus, I think it's so ridiculous how you (u4ria) are limiting yourself to people who suffer from the same affliction as you. Are you that shallow? Do you think all people are that shallow? You need to realize that hardly anybody gives a shit about your skin, except for you. And the ones that do, you wouldn't want to be with anyway. You need to change your thinking... that's the truth. Sure, you might be able to understand each other better and talk about how much you both despise acne, but I think to choose a mate just because they suffer from the same issues as yourself, would be downright awkward and obnoxious.