Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moonlight

Does Silicone Sheets work for Pitted/Indented scars?

I have an indented scar on my face due to an accident recently.. I'm wondering if silicone sheets, such as Cica-Care would help fade the indent of the scar.

I did some research and found out that it's recommended for keloid / raised scars . . . I also read somewhere that Mederma suppresses collagen growth , resulting in a deeper indent (I need to fade my indents, not worsen it).

Would silicone sheets reduce the indent if applied on indented/pitted scars? ...or will it cause an opposite effect instead, which will worsen the indent of my scar?

Thanks for your time!

I really don't think mederma or the silicone patches hurt indented scars at all, it is supposed to stop the collagen II formation I believe, the thicker kind that has cross links or whatever, however it won't stop natural good collagen. I think it could have a minimal effect on indented scars as it helps smooths the borders and it has been recommended by derms for it, however, I tried it and was not impressed. The silicone sheet will make your scar look good when you first remove it but then it will go back to the way it was pretty fast. I wouldn't bother with it.

I have tried everything for my indented scars, including the silicone scar sheets. They are very expensive..don't bother wasting your money or getting your hopes up on these helping your indents. I tried silicone sheets for the full course which is 12 weeks I think (been a while) Plain and simple, it doesn't work. :(