Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I recently was under medicine that made me break out in a lot of acne. Some were white heads others were just red bumps. Well now 99% of it has gone away, but now I have red marks. They don't go in or anything. If I just rub my face its smooth. But if I look in the mirror I see lots of red marks.

So are these scars? If so I bought these patches by Neosporen called Scar Solution. Will that help?

Thanks. I hope this is in the right place. :doh: Im kinda new here.

They don't sound like scars just red marks left after acne. Given time they will fade so don't worry, although it can take up to 6 months or even longer. Neosprin should help speed up the fading process and so should using a moisturiser with an AHA in it (such as glycolic acid or latic acid) for example Neutrogena healthy skin lotion.

For more info you could check out the red marks forum http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showforum=34 :)

I think they must be because scars tend to either be indented or go out a little, if your skin is smooth then I really do think they are just red marks :)

I was reading the red mark forum, and is this what you think I have?

Macules or "pseudo-scars" are flat, red or reddish spots that are the final stage of most inflamed acne lesions. After an inflamed acne lesion flattens, a macule may remain to "mark the spot" for up to 6 months. When the macule eventually disappears, no trace of it will remainâ€â€unlike a scar.