Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jgz

Tanning..bad for acne?

Now that the summer is just 1 month away here in the US, im curious, is tanning good or bad for acne?

Most people find it beneficial for acne as it tends to dry pimples out and make red marks less noticable, and some people find that when they go away on holiday their acne can really improve whilst they're away due to the sun. However, you don't want to damage your skin so make sure you use a sunscreen or a moisturiser with an SPF to prevent sunburn or any long term damage :)

yeah, i dont think it has too big of an effect on acne, but it does have a really bad effect on your skin if not taken care for properly.

would not say it helps acne but definately helps cover up red scars if thats more of a problem than active spots

i started going tanning recently, and my acne looks ALOT better. lots of ppl had made comments about my skin looking better.

i was toying with the idea of going for a while now, not sure how my acne would react. buttt i thougt about how i went away to cuba in th esummer and my skin looked great cause of the sun, so i thought that tanning would help, and it did. depends what works for you i think.

i wouldn't put the tanning lotion that your supposed to put on ur body on your face though, even tho they tell you its okay, i just use my face moisturizer, but i think i should get something with SPF so my skin doesnt look 50 years old in 5 years..