Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sammy1

confused???

im rely confused... if your acne treatment is making ur skin excessively dry is it ok to put a moisturiser on in the morning then ur acne treatment on at night?

or is it best to use your acne treatment twice daily and put moisturiser on either before or after??

im so confused!

dnt want to clog up my skin more with moisturiser

I believe moisturiser should be put on after your acne treatment is absorbed into your skin (usually 5-15 mins).

I think it should be okay to put moisturiser in morning then acne treatment at night (also using moisturiser after the night treatment would be a good idea too).

My skin was dried so I looked quite like a handsome fish lol

So I stopped BP (twas making me dry) & now my skin is very nice and smooth again (I put moisturiser 3 times a day. Although you only need to put it on twice. I did so, because my skin feels quite like a modern basketball).

Hope this helps you old chum,

Hope the drying problem ceases asap! ^-^

What is your regimen?

If your regime is making you excessively dry then it would be best to treat once a day. Most acne treatments sensitize the skin and applying topicals at night would definitely be the better option than in the mornings, before sun exposure.

As for moisturizer, you apply moisturizer after your acne treatment. You could apply moisturizer in the mornings too. In fact, it would be most advisable since your skin is dry at the moment.

Acne Treatment - PM

Moisturizer - AM & PM

thanx for all ur help!

really appreciate it.

think ill put just moisturiser on in the morning then acne treatment on at night and after put mosturiser on 15 mins later?

im using freederm just no

have had benzoyl before but was too dry

also had clindamycin but skin got prone to it

being on erythromycin too nothing seems to be working

x

think ill put just moisturiser on in the morning then acne treatment on at night and after put mosturiser on 15 mins later?

Yup, that'll work =] It should reduce dryness in due time.

thanx for all ur help!

really appreciate it.

im using freederm just no

have had benzoyl before but was too dry

also had clindamycin but skin got prone to it

being on erythromycin too nothing seems to be working

x

i dont think there is any harm in using a moisturizer whenever as long as the moisturizer is non comodogenic, which means it doesnt clog pores as its oil free.

if you want to get rid of acne yo uhave to do the regimen.buy dans csr gel and a moisturizer.start it slowly and you wont get so dry you want to kill yourself..you'll get dry but you'll also get clear.the dryness can be fixed by using enough mositurizer.thats all there is too it.dryness comes with the package you gotta deal with it...by using moit. lol bp is the only solution to acne...theres no point in trying anyhting else unless you are illergic to it.if you do the bloody regimen you'll be fine.if there is any argument with this relpy pm me