Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dontknowwhy

Do You Recommend Accutane?

I'm 20 years old and I am sick of my acne. I've had acne since I was 13 and have tried several things. Not only have I tried over 30 OTC products, but I've also used Benzaclin, Duac, Tazorac, Retin-A, Adoxa, Triax Pads, Differin, Adult Acnomel, and probably 2 or 3 more that I cannot think of right now. Benzaclin worked for a good 6-8 months, but then just stopped working. I feel like my acne is getting worse now, and I am possible considering Accutane. My doctor told me last time to try other things first, but I feel like I've tried so many things already, and NOTHING has really worked. What do you guys recommend? The only oral antibotic that I've taken is Adoxa, but for some reason my derm never recommends oral things, which I think could actually make a huge difference!!! Please help me get rid of my horrible acne :(

btw- I also have pitted scars. The pictures are generous, they are much worse then that! :( Any advice for those ugly things?

Any help is appreciated!!! [attachmentid=4363] [attachmentid=4364]

post-31832-1146293656_thumb.jpg

post-31832-1146293678_thumb.jpg

post-31832-1146293656_thumb.jpg

post-31832-1146293678_thumb.jpg

Accutane all the way girl! Your skin also looks oily so that makes you even more a canidate for the gold :D Put your foot down and tell your derm your not trying anything else! Thats what i had to do... GOOD LUCK!

Your acne is a lot like mine. I think Accutane would make your skin look beautiful. If your persistent acne really bothers you, keep bugging your derm and hopefully you'll be able to get on Accutane really soon. Good luck. :)

accutane looks like it would completely clear your skin- and your skin doesn't even look that bad. so go for it if you can!

Guest tired of this shish

Demand it! Demand Accutane-- You have the full right to demand what you want. I really don't understand why people let their doctors do whatever they want with them unless their doctors are specifically not prescribing something for health related reasons. If they were telling me, "well, try this first, try this first..." then that would be my cue that they are just dumb and my acne would aggravate to the point of no control. One word of warning I will give you is that Accutane will most likely purge you worse than your current condition and when that happens you'll probably get cystic acne. Accutane weakens the outer dermis and makes it fragile which could make you susceptible to more scarring. I truly truly believe this and there are many accounts of people having the same experience. In treating your scarring, you should get that acne under control first and if you happen to undergo Accutane, use a lot of lotions and keep your skin very moist. Supple skin from a lot of moisturizing will help minimize the chances that too much drying from the tane will cause you to scar further.

My acne was like yours before I started tane and it got worse before it got better. Unfortunately, I didn't have scarring before, but after the treatment I was left with a lot of pits.

Your skin and acne situation look accutaneworthy, so the remaining question is - are you ready to take it? Especially psychically.

I'm 20 years old and I am sick of my acne. I've had acne since I was 13 and have tried several things. Not only have I tried over 30 OTC products, but I've also used Benzaclin, Duac, Tazorac, Retin-A, Adoxa, Triax Pads, Differin, Adult Acnomel, and probably 2 or 3 more that I cannot think of right now. Benzaclin worked for a good 6-8 months, but then just stopped working. I feel like my acne is getting worse now, and I am possible considering Accutane. My doctor told me last time to try other things first, but I feel like I've tried so many things already, and NOTHING has really worked. What do you guys recommend? The only oral antibotic that I've taken is Adoxa, but for some reason my derm never recommends oral things, which I think could actually make a huge difference!!! Please help me get rid of my horrible acne :(

btw- I also have pitted scars. The pictures are generous, they are much worse then that! :( Any advice for those ugly things?

Any help is appreciated!!! [attachmentid=4363] [attachmentid=4364]

I say no what are you useing right now your skin dont look to bad but if you think you need tane take it but there has been a few cases on here where tane made people worse.

I say go for it. I had skin similar to yours, lots of moderate acne and oily face, which made the skin look bumpy/yucky. I've had it for a long time too and simply got tired of trying any other medication. If you want beautiful skin for the long term, nothing but accutane will give that to you. Had I known about accutane much sooner, I'd have gotten it then.

I've been on accutane for over 2 months now and everyone's been complimenting on my skin. I did not have any initial breakouts, so within two weeks, I started seeing a dramatic change in my skin. My only advice is drink LOTS and LOTS of water and wash properly to avoid the initial breakout.

thanks for all your help guys. I'm so scared of accutane though, but I will ask my doctor about it and demand either accutane or something almost as powerful. My mom is particularly nervous abotu me trying accutane because her co-workers son has severe scarring from it. I've heard a lot of horror stories abotu additional scarring and that's probably why I am nervous about trying it (considering I already have scars). Is there anyone out there who has acne similar to mine that has found success with other medications?

Antibiotics suck - they will give a false idea and you gotta take them forever, which you cannot.

Would anyone recommend accutane to someone who has NEVER had oily skin, My skin is dry even using moisturisers it never gets that oily?

Im thinking of going down this path as ive tried almost everything else (BP/anti biotics) and they have been affective but nothing seems to ever completely clear me up.

Im also fed up with being on antibiotics for so many years.

Even tho ive used antibiotics for years they are still very very affective if i take them for a 2-3 month period.

The only part of my face that is even slightly oily is my nose.

Thanks

Yeah i treat it well with minocycline and BP but it never totally clears up and i have some very long term cysts which really piss me off at times.

Im also fed up with constantly applying BP to my face.

If i keep the treatment up for 6 month's then i dont have a single spot on my face but the second i stop EITHER or BOTH then within days i get spots/acne/cysts.

Its like a never ending cycle i cant get out of.

Antibiotics suck - they will give a false idea and you gotta take them forever, which you cannot.

Seconded.