Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm using a very good bar soap, which seems to be getting rid of my acne, or atleast helping anyways, but its very drying, what would you guys n girls do, stick with the soap, and keep moisturising, or change the soap to something else that wont dry the skin out, which i haven't found yet.?

I would change it. The reason why I broke out so horribly was because I was sticking to products that cleared me up but made me scaly and flaky despite tons and tons and tons of moisturizer use.

Dry skin = increased oil production = acne

^That was my case. Moisturizer can only do so much. It'd be better to find something that won't dry your skin out in the first place.

The soap that i'm using does dry my skin out, but i haven't really had any bad breakouts from it, the trouble is though, its really hard for me to find something that doesn't dry my skin, i've tryed Dove, and that seems too but i might give it more time, but it might make my acne worse, i've tryed Clearasil cleanser wash, that didn't really make me dry, but it broke me out all the time in cysts and nodules, so i dunno what to do here.??

try using Purpose it isnt soap its a bar and its specifically designed to get rid of acne. U can use Dove, Olay, Irish Spring, Aveeno, Cetaphil etc.

I think i've tryed Purpose and i still got dry from it, i'm using Dove at the moment, i switched over yesterday from my other soap which was good but drying, the Dove is a bit drying but i'm gonna see how it goes, the only thing though, i'm a bit worried the Dove will make my acne worse, or make my cysts/nodules come back, as the other soap i used which was drying my skin, it seemed to get rid of my cysts and nodules very good.?

Could it be that you're using cleansers with detergents (Sodium Laureth/Lauryl Sulfate)?

Cleansers with detergents can be harsh on the skin (can cause dryness and irritation).

I have problem with cleansers too. My skin has a tendency for dryness and it's sensitive. Clearasil made me break out too.

Right now, I'm using Nivea's Visage Gentle Cleansing Cream. I've been using it for a month now and it's great. The problem is, it's not labeled with "Noncomedogenic"; however, I don't break out from it. Of course, it all differs for everybody.

Do you happen to be using any topical treatments at the moment?

Could it be that you're using cleansers with detergents (Sodium Laureth/Lauryl Sulfate)?

Cleansers with detergents can be harsh on the skin (can cause dryness and irritation).

I have problem with cleansers too. My skin has a tendency for dryness and it's sensitive. Clearasil made me break out too.

Right now, I'm using Nivea's Visage Gentle Cleansing Cream. I've been using it for a month now and it's great. The problem is, it's not labeled with "Noncomedogenic"; however, I don't break out from it. Of course, it all differs for everybody.

Do you happen to be using any topical treatments at the moment?

I'm not using anything topical right now, such as BP, i've changed to Dove soap at the moment, i still get a bit dry from it, but it doesn't seem to be that bad, and i've only washed with it twice, so i'm gonna see if the dryness gets better or worse, i have yet to find a soap/cleanser that doesn't dry my skin out.