Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have noticed that whenever i breakout it is the day after i shave. i only shave like 2 times a week and my breakouts dont happen everytime i shave, but when i do breakout, it seems that shaving is contributing to it.

Any suggestion for shaving?

Shave a little more regularly. I used to shave every three days, but moved it up to every two days, because I noticed the same thing as you (breakouts happening on a shave day more often than not).

What may be happening is that you're shaving too close to the skin, and hairs are getting trapped. So do not shave over the same place twice. Ensure the beard is properly wet and soft before shaving (you might want to wait a few minutes with the shaving foam on your face to achieve this). Shave with the "grain" of the hair, not against. If possible, try to use only one blade (at least, certainly not a three-blade razor). Remember to moisturize properly after shaving, because it's very drying. Also, if you are exfoliating, do so *before* the shave, never after.

Hope that helps. :)

I have noticed that whenever i breakout it is the day after i shave. i only shave like 2 times a week and my breakouts dont happen everytime i shave, but when i do breakout, it seems that shaving is contributing to it.

Any suggestion for shaving?

I shave every 3 weeks for that reason:)

I have to shave everyday or I will break out! Well, I haven't tried not shaving since I've been clear off the regimen, but I don't look good with stubble anyway. What do you use to shave with? I found that electric razors are too irritating. I have tried many different gels and foams to use with a blade and found the Aveen shave gel to be the best. It really makes a nice slippery surface for the razor to glide on. Paired with a Mach 3 Turbo and a fresh blade, it really makes a nice combo.

A sharp blade is the most important thing. Even though refills for the Mach are expensive, it's very worth not having red, irritated skin afterwards! I also use aloe vera gel after I shave and that really seems to help soothe my skin after shaving. Give it a try and see if that helps.

are you putting warm water on your face before you put on the shaving gel? thats supposed to make the hairs easier to just shave off.

I'm not a man, but I do shave my legs, and one thing I know that helps IS warm water. It softens up the hairs and makes your skin moist, so you're less likely to wind up with flakey and irrattated skin.

Try shaving immediatly after a shower. Buy one of those anti-fog mirrors so you can do that.

yeah i use the regular 2 blade gilette razors and use the lather from my face soap instead of gel (i heard that was what you are supposed to do on the CSR).

shaving every day is a hassle, sometimes i just dont wanna do it.

u shud be able to find a way to get it jus right in the near future man.

jus need 2 work out whats best 4u

but aslong as ur gentle an shave in confident 1strokes all over ur beard area

u shudnt irritate skin!

If you shave every day your skin seems to get used to it, also you've got less hair to shave off if you do it daily so you do less strokes = less irritation.

I totally agree with you. If you can get your skin used to shaving everyday, irritation will be minimal. Shaving every couple of days actually causes more irritation in my case, especially on my chin and upper lip area.

I would definitely use a quality shave gel when shaving instead of soap. I've tried using just soap and it didn't have the lubricants to give me a close yet comfortable shave. Plus it left me far more dried out since the soap stayed on my face for a period of time.

You really should try the Aveeno! It won't clog your pores! I actually read the reviews on this site about it and decided to try it. I'll never use anything else now. It is more expensive, but one bottle has already lasted me a couple months and it's only half empty I believe. You don't need much since it really spreads all over nicely.

What I like to do is shave before I go into the shower in the morning (then do the regimen), if you're struggling for products to use I love King Of Shaves Pro-Shave ASC2 Anti-Bacterial shave gel. Never had any problems with it, get a really close shave and it's got Aloe & Vit E in it so it's really soothes your skin if your prone to Razor Burn. Not sure if it's available in the USA though, you can get it from boots in the UK.

Yeah several of the King of Shaves products can be found here at Walmart or CVS Pharmacy. They get pretty good reviews in the mens' magazines.

I can totally relate. I currently have a full beard but it suits me I've been told. Anyways when I choose to shave I use a gillette sensor excel as recommended by the regimen and I use Aveeno shaving cream. I do find that to be the best product, though it is expensive.

As suggested, shave with the grain and over the same place only once. Who cares if you don't get a smooth shave. A little stubble with no acne is better than a close shave with acne.

A hot shower before shaving is best and leaving the shaving cream on for 5 minutes before applying the razor is key.

Don't shave! Simple answer!

I've stopped shaving, but now use a beard trimmer, it gets very close to the skin and reduces the chances of ingrowing hairs. I've seen a major improvement.

whatever works best for people in my opinion!

i personally feel great wen i wetshave an get rid of it all

nothin feels better than applying bp on my chin after a wet shave!

so smooth.

feels great!

Well doesnt seem like many people agree, but I had the same type of thing and switched over to an electric shaver and it works great for me. To me shaving with a razor always made me break out. Everybody is different though.

I just use the beard trimmer on my face for the most part, and shave electic on my neck (which doens't break out as much).

You end up that stubble look, if your job situation will allow it, which if it suits you, some of the ladies really like :)

ive sorta got a beard trimmer on the side of my electric razor an use it sometimes

it is good ill give every1 that.

but its not as niceer feel as a wetshave is afterwards

but i gues if it breaks u out then its not a nice feeling for u guys heh

i personally LOVE the smooth feelin after a wetshave hehe!