Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

Why arn't more people looking at this almost miracle treatment?

Well, the pen is only a spot treat and it doesn't prevent breakouts, so it's usefulness is pretty limited.

hi Ariventa, I've actually been using and it is specifically designed to treat problem areas for prevention. In the instruction booklet I think you're supposed to make contact with skin to treat for prevention..what it does is allow you to use the pen against your skin and it kills the bacteria as you glide it over the skin's surface. I don't know how it will be for everyone else but with me, I feel a distinct tickling sensation wherever I have the most bacteria, and each pass over a spot gradually produces less of a tickling sensation. it's really strange but interesting, I do believe that the product can prevent breakouts because I've been using it on problem areas twice per day to kill bacteria and prevent acne from forming.

Its worth the 30 day money back guarantee. I usually inspect my face very thoroughly every day so i notice whenever i start developing a new spot so i guess this pen will have its role.

I'd be very interested if they developed the same idea but with a much larger light head that could treat the whole side of your face at a time.

so what do u do..run the pen all over the face then to prevent pimples??? or just on the area for 10 min?

ther are no miracle treatments no matter who u are but acne is different for everyone so different treatments

work differently with different people so maybe this can work like a charm for some but not for others

ther are no miracle treatments no matter who u are but acne is different for everyone so different treatments work differently with different people so maybe this can work like a charm for some but not for others

well obviously, you could say that about any medicin, even penicillin, but it works on the majority of the people

hi Ariventa, I've actually been using and it is specifically designed to treat problem areas for prevention. In the instruction booklet I think you're supposed to make contact with skin to treat for prevention..what it does is allow you to use the pen against your skin and it kills the bacteria as you glide it over the skin's surface. I don't know how it will be for everyone else but with me, I feel a distinct tickling sensation wherever I have the most bacteria, and each pass over a spot gradually produces less of a tickling sensation. it's really strange but interesting, I do believe that the product can prevent breakouts because I've been using it on problem areas twice per day to kill bacteria and prevent acne from forming.

That's interesting. Basically sounds like a mini blue/red light treatment.

Its worth the 30 day money back guarantee. I usually inspect my face very thoroughly every day so i notice whenever i start developing a new spot so i guess this pen will have its role.

I'd be very interested if they developed the same idea but with a much larger light head that could treat the whole side of your face at a time.

They do, sort of. Blue/red light treatment is the same thing except you use special bulbs and sit under it for 10-15 mintues twice a day or so. There is a sticky somewhere talking all about. SO check it out.

I've seen Zeno around. Member reports have not been particularly encouraging.

http://www.myzeno.com/cp_thermo.htm

that's the site's description of how the product works and the before/after photos, the studies cited "numerous" appear to be a bit vague about how the product works imo.

With Tyrell's ClearPointâ„¢ acne heat treatment technology, P. acnes is destroyed by a process called heat shock response. Heat shock response is a reaction bacteria have to heat whereby they transcript a number of their genes and activate heat-shock proteins. These heat-shock proteins participate in the bacteria's death by causing the bacteria to self-destruct. P. acnes self-destructs in the acne lesion preventing infection and allowing the skin to return to a healthy state. Fortunately, the level of heat required is not sufficient to cause damage to the skin.

thanks for all your answers jess

so basically each area u have acne ,,areas that may be acne prone,, u go those posts 10 min touching the skin?

i want to order it but worried the new will come out and have to spend more money LOL

The rep for lumiport said the new model was already out-they just shipped another girl one of the new-model pens, I thought I saw it mentioned on that other thread. So if u order one you'll get the newer model automatically. From what I understand the previous model had just come out right before that, and both had the same technology and the same strength/power but the newer model has more features added to it, like a better carrying case, with an improved holder and faster charging times, things like that.

something I like is that the pen has a led battery, think it's called, which is supposed to last 10 years.

oh awsome...

this souns amazing....

but it doesnt help on scars does it?.....

10 min for each spot is along time lol.thati s what sucks

an hour will go by LOL

I read on the web that their producing or about to release a full face mask device. that would be so much better. .....and probably a tad more expensive.

I still can't wait to get this pen, but its a bit stupid that i havn't been contacted by the company about my order placed on friday.....even an automatic email would have done.

ya u shouldve been emailed a copy of your order,,,hmm...

when did u order it? it doesnt take long to ship i think someone said

The theory is that Red light reduces inflamation. And blue light kills bacteria. Don't buy it, because you can grab other lights that do your whole face. Like a desk lamp. You can just leave it there while you sit at your desk studying or surfing the web.

The theory is that Red light reduces inflamation. And blue light kills bacteria. Don't buy it, because you can grab other lights that do your whole face. Like a desk lamp. You can just leave it there while you sit at your desk studying or surfing the web

the larger ones don't come as close to the skin as you're able with the pen therfore not as effective, and the bulbs won't last as long and will need to be replaced.

What lumiport needs to do is develop a portable pen that has a light end roughly the size of a shower head or a mask that you could wear whilst you sleep or something, that would be cool

this sounds really interesting i'd really like to try it, but i don't have $150 to waste..