Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
belle83

Waiting and waiting just makes me depressed!

Today was supposed to be my happy day. I went to my Derm. thinking that I'd start with Accutane today. I was supposed to start with it... but suddenly, he told me that something happened with the computer system and when he registered me, I wasn't listed or something :rolleyes: so he had to do it again. So now I have to wait another MONTH until I'll start taking Accutane. I waited since March already! This is taking sooooo long just because it's such a long and STUPID process with iPledge! :rolleyes:

I'm now even more frustrated and depressed because in June I'm graduating and then I won't be insured anymore!! So I'll start with Accutane exactly when I won't be insured and it's so expensive. I'll have to find a decent job and work so hard for it... I just can't believe this is happening! I should have taking Accutane a long time ago... but my Derm didn't think that my Acne was severe or something... well, now it's getting worse! I hate this!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just thought I'd vent....

A while ago, I started a thread about my Derm that he's cute... well, he is... but today I wasn't happy with him. I should have started with Accutane in May! Now I'll have to wait till June. I know I'll be able to wait... but it's just getting too depressing 'cause I waited since March, I won't be insured AND it will be the summer already... *sigh* they make it so difficult.

How's the condition of your skin? I think there was a petition to have it removed but I'm not sure if anything happened with it.

How's the condition of your skin? I think there was a petition to have it removed but I'm not sure if anything happened with it.

My skin condition is kinda moderate but I think it's getting worse. I wish the petition would work 'cause if it wasn't to iPledge.. I would have started with Accutane! I mean, I know they are serious about pregnancy and all that... but all this waiting is just for nothing!

Well that doesn't seem too bad though. Did you try topical medications or they didn't help you? I used to take Accutane before but if I was still using them I'd split the package in half, although I don't know if that'd be enough for a month though.. hehe

hm.. just trying to help though. Hopefully it works out for you.

Thanks.

Hmm... I'm still using Tazorac gel, Tretinoin cream and Duac topical gel. But those topical medications are almost finished so my doctor said he could give me some more for the month. It stopped working for me... Well, I think if I'd stop using at all, then my skin would get really worst, but at the same time... it's not helping that much. I used to take minocylcline pills and those actually helped for a while. My skin was much better when I took minocycline, but by the time I stopped..the acne got worst. So I really can't wait to start with Accutane already!!!

I know its hard, i've been there myself.. Try to focus on other things, hobbies or whatever. I waited about 3 months for my roaccutane and then it took a further 4-5 months before it cleared me, but before it did it made me a right mess! But even though my acne has gone (for now) my life still hasnt changed. I'm precarious about what i eat incase it brings it back, im a very lonely person because i drove all my friends away when i just used to stay in and hide in my room. I lost the love of my life and even now im clear i cant get her back. If being with my girlfriend meant i had to have acne then i seriously would go back in time and be different because i miss her so much. Even though all i wanted was to look good and be confident around her. I go out to clubs and stuff nowadays i usually end up crying because too much beer makes me emotional and i've had such a hurtful past. I used to blame my acne when i couldnt pull any girls but i still cant now and i dont have acne! So really my life hasnt changed one bit but if id of focused on the more important things such as my girlfriend i'd probably be the happiest guy in the world. Instead im now lonely, cry everytime i look back, got nothing to look forward to and basically have nothing. What i'm saying to you is that you should put it to the side, i know its hard i couldnt myself but believe me when i say it'll take everything away from you if you let it.

Best wishes, Chad.

Chad- I'm so sorry to hear that you lost the love of your life. I'm aware that having clear skin won't solve all the problems. I have a boyfriend and he never pressured me to take accutane etc... he's so supportive and loving, so I hope when I'll have clear skin...we'll be the same together. But anyway, life is not easy... but just try to enjoy it and one day you'll love someone all over again :)

Then you are very lucky you have a good boyfriend, hes loves you and supports you. What more could you want? I really hope you dont let your paranior drive him away and i mean that respectfully. Be happy, you'll get the drug eventually and it will work. In the meantime you have a good solid relationship something that i'd die for and i dont have acne now. Your right, life is not at all easy, but if you make the right decisions you'll go further. Unfortunately i made mistakes and the wrong decisions. I really hope you dont do the same.

Then you are very lucky you have a good boyfriend, hes loves you and supports you. What more could you want? I really hope you dont let your paranior drive him away and i mean that respectfully. Be happy, you'll get the drug eventually and it will work. In the meantime you have a good solid relationship something that i'd die for and i dont have acne now. Your right, life is not at all easy, but if you make the right decisions you'll go further. Unfortunately i made mistakes and the wrong decisions. I really hope you dont do the same.

I do realize that I'm lucky to have such a boyfriend and I never drove him crazy with my acne (and I never will). It's just the waiting part that drives me crazy (waited almost 3 months already!) but of course I'm not going to drive him nuts with my acne issue 'cause I love him too much to lose him.

People make mistakes and the wrong decisions in life and I know many times it hurts. But don't give up your hope and happiness 'cause you'll never know when you'll fall inlove all over again.