Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sublime

Whats the most inconsiderate comment

Whats the most inconsiderate comment you have ever recieved about your zits.

When: about 9 months ago

Status (at the time): severe

What happened: someone yelled "hey acne!"

If I had to pick one.. It would have to be a particular notion that became popular in my grade back during high school. There was another girl in my grade who had severe acne, I didn't even know her really.. People would go about joking about the babies of demonically ugly proportions we'd produce if we were to have kids.

If only karma was real.. :doubt:

lookee, we've all had our little comments through the years, dragging them up, making a big deal out of them is causing the problem itself.

The perosn who says this shit, doesn't give two shits about your face, my face, anybodies face but theirs. Lets learn to bemore like that.

don't take this shit personally.

My closest friend saw me and asked "do you have chicken pox?".

Lol it was funny as, I actually laughed myself to sleep because it's kinda classic.

I was on vitamin B5 several years ago. It cleared my skin for like 3 weeks. After 3 weeks of gorgeous skin I got a zit on my cheek. I went into work and this co-worker of mine said, "hey, you look so made up (I only had eye liner on). Is that because you're breaking out so bad." WTF, and she was no looker herself. She had this irritating mustache that she did nothing about.

BTW, the B5's effectiveness completely wore off. My skin returned to 'normal' eventually.

i've had more comments about me being chinese then about my acne. actually, now that i look back, since high school, no one really mentions my acne, even through throughout high school my acne was severe (middle school was different, inmature idiots)

now my acne is mild, but LOTS of old red marks and some scarring and no one talks or makes fun about it, even at work, where the guys will jump on anything like mother, girlfriends, the colonge you wear, hair, head shapes, ect.

lookee, we've all had our little comments through the years, dragging them up, making a big deal out of them is causing the problem itself.

The perosn who says this shit, doesn't give two shits about your face, my face, anybodies face but theirs. Lets learn to bemore like that.

don't take this shit personally.

I agree with this. It's simply the truth.

Never had any. Not even a mention.

someone said to me "you used to have really gorgeous skin, now its all spotty...i wouldn't let that girl you like see you"

Wow, I didnt think people would get on my case for this. This post wasnt a therepy session, I was curious as to what comments people have had.

After a relization i came to on friday(in fact the day i made this post) , i relized skin isnt that important to other people. In fact I had a hard time thinking of something thats been said because I've recieved so few. The reasons for making this thread was to indeed prove my theory of how few comments people actually get, therefore how few people care. My intentions werent made to relive the past pain. I apologize if thats how anyone took it.

Sublime, this is a good topic actually. I think if you are pretty and you have acne, other people will use this to knock you down a notch. Like she's not that hot, look at her zit!

At times when I've worn sloppy clothes and just looked nerdy, nobody said anything about my skin. But when I started working out and dressing more stylishly, I started getting nasty comments (mostly from other girls). The girls seemed to get extra vicious when one of their guy friends developed a crush on me and they knew about it.

I only ever get comments about my skin when people are trying to make me feel bad. No-one (at least none of my friends) mentions it in day-to-day conversation..although sometimes my friends do just joke about it. Even thought they are just messing about, it can be quite hurtful sometimes. I have a big problem with recurring cysts on the side of my nose, which often get very red and inflamed, making the lower half of my nose look really red and inflamed...people sometimes say rather inconsiderate things about that. :( I guess the best thing to do is just ignore them. Most of the time, people who make comments are just jealous- for example, one of my friends said something about my skin the other day. He has completely clear skin, but (I think) gets jealous of me because I have had quite a few girlfriends, whereas he has had none. At the end of the day, people who say hurtful things about your skin are just out to make themselves feel better about their own problems. Ignore them, and hope that they can in time get over their insecurities, and concentrate on getting over your own and living life to the full! :D

anyone with bleeding eyes from this post has permission to run away, and/or scream.

Ooh wait, thought of the most inconsiderate comment. One of my 'friends', who I personally feel like smacking in the face occasionally, said to me, during an argument when I mentioned that I felt a bit self concious about my skin, and it was fine for him with clear skin....'Look. The difference between you and me is I wash my face, and you dont.'

I hate people like that, who don't realise that ironically I wash my face a helluva lot more than they do with every chemical under the sun to try and get rid of these damn spots :(

Good posts. Just to clear one thing up I'm a dude not a girl, nor am I bi, gay, or metro. lol. I'm going to get an avatar of me with my rippin mohawk and that should clear things up.

I only ever get comments about my skin when people are trying to make me feel bad. No-one (at least none of my friends) mentions it in day-to-day conversation..although sometimes my friends do just joke about it. Even thought they are just messing about, it can be quite hurtful sometimes. I have a big problem with recurring cysts on the side of my nose, which often get very red and inflamed, making the lower half of my nose look really red and inflamed...people sometimes say rather inconsiderate things about that. :( I guess the best thing to do is just ignore them. Most of the time, people who make comments are just jealous- for example, one of my friends said something about my skin the other day. He has completely clear skin, but (I think) gets jealous of me because I have had quite a few girlfriends, whereas he has had none. At the end of the day, people who say hurtful things about your skin are just out to make themselves feel better about their own problems. Ignore them, and hope that they can in time get over their insecurities, and concentrate on getting over your own and living life to the full! :D

anyone with bleeding eyes from this post has permission to run away, and/or scream.

Ooh wait, thought of the most inconsiderate comment. One of my 'friends', who I personally feel like smacking in the face occasionally, said to me, during an argument when I mentioned that I felt a bit self concious about my skin, and it was fine for him with clear skin....'Look. The difference between you and me is I wash my face, and you dont.'

I hate people like that, who don't realise that ironically I wash my face a helluva lot more than they do with every chemical under the sun to try and get rid of these damn spots :(

Your so called "friends" seems to be assholes, no offence...

yeah, they werent really proper friends...more acquaintances i sit with in maths! luckily my real friends never even mention my skin

One time when i was at an athletics tournament, representing my secondary school, i had really bad acne on my chin, and it was like scabby and cystic it was so painful !!!! Anyhow this girl walked past n just sed out loud, god looks like hes got the spanish flag on his chin, i felt like pure sh*t after tht i was on a real downer.