Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charybdis

Getting clear skin with just water

At the moment im on a low, and looking for a alternative treatment as im sick of washing my face, using BP, Moisturiser and the whole fucking shebang.

I've read a few times on here about just using water to wash your face with.

I admit, im skeptical; i don't think water alone can clean a face but i'm not a dermatologist, and they seem to know fuck all so i like my chances. The part i like most about this is not having to spend fucking x amount of cash on cleansers, moisturisers, BP and everything else.

I could also do it anywhere; whether im in the pub, at a mates, or just at home; i will no longer have to worry about packing a suitcase full of products, or have to worry about how long everything will take, just splash water on face, bish bash bosh and your done.

I would like to know if anyone else has tried this approach and what results they had. I've read a few people have gotten clear skin from this, and the logic behind it does make sense i suppose, our face wasn't intended to be subjected to chemicals and all that shit, however i also question the versatility of our body; we can adapt to anything after a while, i think there genuinely are some products out there which aid our skin, though its a bitch to know.

So yeah, inconclusion; has anyone tried the all water approach and how long did you see results, and if you didn't see results, how long did you experiment before conceding defeat.

I'm really interested in this approach also. :cool:

Cleaning my face w/only water does seem to make it feel dry so I could see it working. :)

i had been doing just that since i had gotten acne, and it never did anything. the regimen however, has made a difference.

water itself won't do anything. i have tried it it's just the lack of it will make it worse. if you're sick of putting things on your face, get some high dosage anti-biotics. popping a pill is always easier than using creams.

It would be interesting to see whether purified water makes a difference. There's a lot of crap in our tap water.

I'm really interested in this approach also. :cool:

Cleaning my face w/only water does seem to make it feel dry so I could see it working. :)

dry skin is un healthy skin,un healthy skin gets acne.water wont do a damn thing for acne.

As someone said, the lack of water is definately can aggravate your skin...but you need a much more multi-factorial approach with meds and bp imo.

Recently I have just been soaking a clean flannel in warm water, rubbing it on my face in circular movements, then using an oil free moisturiser. Strangely, the day I used my cleanser, my skin flared like a mother bitch.

I think this works for me because it keeps my face clean and exfoliated without chemicals, and then lets my moisturiser do its thing...but then again everyone skin is going to be different

I have had Moderate acne for over 7 years now, now 18. And I remember when I was like 13-14yrs old I didn't really give a crap about my skin...So I just remember using water to wash my face, and I think it worked for me because I hardly ever broke out in spots as bad as I do now. Now using loads of skin care products which cost me over 42 Pounds for Toner and Mosturiser and its not really working. Although, back then when I washed my face with just water I never really wore any Make-up! :confused:

To the above poster, that's probably due to your acne just starting. It didn't seem to be as bad then because it was still developing and was destined to get worse, whether you used those products or not.

I've tried this before and to be honest...it worked. I had really bad acne with papules comedones pustules, everything. I tried it after a bad experience with some topical cream that made me break out HARD. So to ease my skin into the healing process, I just used water for a week. I used cold water and rubbed my face gently 3-4 times a day just to get the oil off. And boom, my face started to clear up.

The reason for this is I think the cold water and lack of products stopped my face from getting aggravated.

Fast forward a couple years to now and I'm breaking out again. Reason = I started using sulphur soap which dried my skin. I am currently on the Clear Skin Regimen for about 2 weeks now and it has cleared it up dramatically, but not the same extent as just using water.

I want to keep on the Regimen for a couple more months to see the results. If nothing changes, I'm going back to cold water washers 3 times a day.

I've tried this before and to be honest...it worked. I had really bad acne with papules comedones pustules, everything. I tried it after a bad experience with some topical cream that made me break out HARD. So to ease my skin into the healing process, I just used water for a week. I used cold water and rubbed my face gently 3-4 times a day just to get the oil off. And boom, my face started to clear up.

The reason for this is I think the cold water and lack of products stopped my face from getting aggravated.

Fast forward a couple years to now and I'm breaking out again. Reason = I started using sulphur soap which dried my skin. I am currently on the Clear Skin Regimen for about 2 weeks now and it has cleared it up dramatically, but not the same extent as just using water.

I want to keep on the Regimen for a couple more months to see the results. If nothing changes, I'm going back to cold water washers 3 times a day.

why would you use anything on your face if it was so clear from just using water?weirrrrd.....btw right in the regimen it says stay away from sulfur.

The reason im posting on this board in the first place is because I used product (the most expensive one they could find) that ruined my skin. It burned both my cheeks and caused many breakouts and huge pores.. its been 2-3 months and still I havent returned back to normal. My acne is slowly subsiding but my skin looks really blochy and ugly ever since. Everytime I use a product on my skin like Spectrogel or Dove gentle which are LIGHT cleansers my skin gets irritated and pissed off.

Long story short ive been using just water once or twice a day and I can say its doing just as much for my skin if not more then any product ive ever used. All I use now is Polysporin, Tea Tree oil and Aloe Vera because they never irritate my skin and help greatly

My doc gave me benzaclin and I was scared to use it.. rightfully so cause when I did it burnt the shat out of my face and it was the first time anyone actually said something to me regarding my face, nobody ever cares about my mild acne but a giant burn mark will get someones attention.

woops getting off topic sorry :D

i used to use bp everday thinking i'd break out real bad if i stopped using it, i was getting like 4 whiteheads a week. My skin was really oily. I then bought clearsil oil control facewash. It doesnt leave my face as dry and i stopped putting bp all over my face. MY skin took longer to get oily and i only get like 1 whitehead a week and theyre smaller and less noticable. All you have to do to keep your skin less oily during the day is go to the bathroom every few hours, and wash your face with lukewarm water, and wipe it off with a towel. Thats how i control my acne. I really wish my body stopped being dumb and made less oil so i could stop with all of these bs methods/ or someone invented a accutane like perscription that keep your oil under control and can be used long term without sideeffects and doctor checkups.

hey, acne is a fake problem caused by the products you use, the more you use the more you look for some help from other products, its fake, when in history books do you see people with acne, it just started probably in the 60's. its caused by people putting crazy chemicals on their face, their face cant handle it and produces more oil because the poduct dries out the face. The best thing to do is just to SPLASH your face with water 6 to 10 times, NOT rubbing it, and patting your face dry, splashing, and not rubbing is a major thing. of coarse with everything you probably will break out again but only because your face is getting used to it, but after that you wont see any more problems at all, not one more pimple , nothing, it only takes about a month to see major improvements. then after a while you can wash your face less and less, two times a day is fine, for me i only splash my face once a day, at night, and the oilyness will go away too. i dont know if it works with all types of skin, but i had really bad acne and it worked right away. Acne is created to steal money from good people. havnt you noticed out of most people you probably wash your face more than people without acne? do you notice that the spots that you dont wash your face are the spots with the fewest acne and the spots that you wash your face the most have the most acne?

Of coarse people are always going to get occasional acne, maybe a pimple, but thats normal, every once in a great while it happens, espesually because of hormonal changes, but it is worstened by the products, what else do people know? they only know to buy acne products, they wouldnt think of just using water, because they think that acne is a result of their face being dirty, but its not, and its drying their face and messing everything up, i had acne forever, for a really long time, and right, and i mean right, when i stopped using the products, it cleared up, probably a month and they were all gone. so dont believe me, its your loss, im just letting people know what happened with me. never in the history of mans evolution have we been exposed to these chemicals like we have now, its not natural, and it shows, its so obveouse. our body wouldnt have evolved to make us look bad because we're trying to impress the opposite sex to reproduce, and we always only had water, now we all use soap and it messes up our face. its just so obveouse. you guys are still looking for what is the miracle product, oh what is it, well im telling you what worked for me , be patient, really, its only a month, try it only one month, you'll see it work, one month of your life is no big deal, like i said you might break out once, i only broke out again one time after i did it, and if people try to tell you it doesnt work, then ask them if they tried it, and see what they might be selling, cause i think some people on here do advertise for companies

why would you use anything on your face if it was so clear from just using water?weirrrrd.....btw right in the regimen it says stay away from sulfur.

I think I started using a product to try and get rid of the red marks leftover from the old acne. That product was a sulphur soap. Yeah, I'm staying away from the sulphur soap now and following the Regimen to the T. I'm only using that soap for old acne scar tissue on my shoulders/back and so far, it's been working.

I think I started using a product to try and get rid of the red marks leftover from the old acne. That product was a sulphur soap. Yeah, I'm staying away from the sulphur soap now and following the Regimen to the T. I'm only using that soap for old acne scar tissue on my shoulders/back and so far, it's been working.

if its workin thats coo, never heard of sulfur doin anyhting for ya but if its workin i wouldn't stop but as soon as it stops workin i'd just let the tissue heal on its own.i recommend takin some sort of daily vitamin which helsp the body to heal faster.

It would be interesting to see whether purified water makes a difference. There's a lot of crap in our tap water.

i tried washing my face with fancy bottled water, but it didn't do an awful lot, other than the price, it was cool water and i find using hot water works best.

im tempted to start washing my face with shampoo now, i read a thread on it here and sounds like everyone is having good results

just water works best for me because everything else i have tried made my acne worse. I think using hot water 2 open your pores then cold water to close them works well.

make sure you dont use water that is too hot like 100 degrees thinking your pores will be all cleared and water that is close to freezing, that will damage your skin.

I think water does help, but i dontk now how quickly, it does get rid of oil to a certain extent, im gonna try it out too

Ive been taking minocyclin and just washin with water and this really really REALLy sensitive cleanser called Aquanil and its mainly a water based cleanser and i havent been this clear in a year!