Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zelio78

Scarsaway

Has anyone ever heard of scarsway? Its apparently a healing stone that you can apply directly to the skin without any worry of side effect. Sounds extremely bizarre I realise.

I'm getting it especially shipped from Australia and apparently its supposed to work wonders but that is according to the website.

I'm curious if anyone has ever used it before.

Here is a link to the page:

http://stores.scarsaway.com/StoreFront.bok

I hope it does have an effect. Its cheap too and is sold as a jewellery item. I know crazy.

I will update on the improvement (if any) of my acne scars. :pray:

Ok, I'm kind of embarrased to say but I did buy this! I think I mentioned awhile back about having a friend who was into the crystal healing stuff and actually was doing scientific research on how this stuff can work. I saw this website and emailed the guy in Australia and had quite a few conversations with him before getting the stone. I think he is sincere in his belief that it works scientifically and his correspondence to me was very intellectual. From different research I've done there is some real science backing, I can find the different articles later again if you want to the presence of energies in the stone and energy even though you can't see it can work. He says it is a one time only cure it just takes awhile to see the results. Well I think it's been a month now since I tried it and it's hard to say if I see a lot of result. He said as well as his assistant in email to me to give it 6 weeks before judging even though you could see results in color before. I think this rock works better for hypertrophic scars and keloids but his assistant said it could change the appearance of the indented scar because the thicker surrounding portion could go down and smooth out.

When I applied the rock I felt no tingling but after a month my skin is looking slightly better. However, I have also been using the idebenone cream. I'll give it more time as he said the results really pick up after the inital 6 weeks or so. It is a red jasper stone btw and looks pretty inexpensive but he isn't charging a real fortune for it. My husband wants to wear it as a nechlace when I get a chain as it looks more manly I think.

Very interesting. Thank you for your reply. I guess we can now keep eachother updated on the progression of our scars. I hope it does start to pick up after 6 weeks as advertised.[

This is something I just got too intrigued with to pass up! It will take a long time to get to you from Australia if you are in the US. I was actually moving at the time and one got lost in the mail going to my old address so they ended up sending a second. Well I finally got the first one so now I have two. However, I accidentally dropped one on the floor and it cracked into two parts. It just looks like a red stone inside. Well I just sat the whole stone and then the two cracked stone all by each other on my dresser and the other day there was some static electricity I think on a towel by the tv that was also sitting there and I noticed the two cracked stones were kind of being drawn together like a magnet! It wasn't as strong as a magnetic pull, but I picked them up and kind of noticed a light pull. This stone is not a magnet of any kind so I kind of wonder about the physics involved in that. Maybe it proves there is some energy in there :think: I'm still not going to say it has helped my scars yet but will give it more time. I also tried it on some of my husbands thick scars to see what happens there.

Hey Tricia

I actually live in Canada and according to the site it should be arriving within two weeks. I hope its sooner!

It does seem like something I have never come across before and I'm always into the naturopathic form of medicine. Your magnetic comment seems very intriguing indeed. They do have those cooper bracelets that help with arthritis and for some it definitely does help. To suggest that the stone may have magnetic properties sounds like something out of this world. I suppose its made up of a bunch of minerals so forms of metal may be part of the stone. I can't wait to try it out!

Worst case scenario at least I have a fancy necklace to wear around.

Hello. I have something interesting up for sale. It's a bridge in San Francisco, called the Golden Gate. Only 300k. You will collect that back in tolls alone in one week. Just make out the money order and I'll send you the deed to the bridge. Thanks. James

HA HA Maybe you just need the nechlace to bring more +++ vibes! I know the ad for it is not the best but I think there might be something to it and it is not expensive at all. I think it helps with my hypertrophic areas more than the indented ones as after I did a chemical peel on one a few weeks ago it flaked and I applied the rock and it still looks smoother. It usually grows back within a few weeks thicker again. I'm waiting to see if it happens again. When it's smoother it makes my indented scar by it look better.

zelio, have you got the stone yet? Its been over 6 weeks now, and while I wish the texture of my scars was better, I think there has been some improvement in my thicker scar tissue but not enough.. however, it is suppose to continue working. However, the red in my scars has gotten alot better and one thing I noticed is when I broke out from hormonal acne a few months after having my baby---didn't get it at all while pregnant in last trimester--the redness the zit left behind was gone in a week when I rubbed the rock all over it with jojoba oil and sometimes emu oil. I sometimes also apply elidel which helps too, but I think the stone can help with coloring more that texture now. You do have to give it a few weeks but if you have a new healing spot it may speed up your recovery. I think it may be kind of like IPL in that it sends energy to your skin to help it. It's not a miracle cure but I think it can help.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Chris and I'm the therapist who did the original devolpment and testing of the Scarsaway tool which my brother Milton makes available via his Scarsaway website.

I have used it in my clinic for over a decade and it works well on ALL forms of dermal scarring including Acne scars.

Some footage of the latest work we are doing with burns scars may assist that is available here:

BE WARNED IT IS GRAPHIC.

Hope that helps your discussions.

Cheers

Chris