Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest justadude

BP wash vs gel...

Guest justadude

I have 5% bp I got by a prescription. It is a "wash", and the directions say to use it like a soap.... what is the difference between this and the stuff you guys use in the regimen?

the stuff we use is a leave-on treatment.

Washes aren't usually on long enough to do much good. Using a bp cream or gel that you apply and leave on, actually has time to get down into the pores and kill the acne bacteria.

washes are garbage.you want a gentle cleanser and a bp gel that can set on you skin.its the only way.its so its on there constatly killing the acne.the wash is just to clean and get rid of dead skin and stuff.the bp has to sit on the skin for it to do anyhting.

Guest justadude

I wonder why my dermatologist gave it to me then... hmm..

Well it works for me... I use benzac acne wash.

I just gently rub my skin with it for 8-10 minutes and then wash it away. My derm. says it has plenty of time killing the bacteria and won't let my face as red as with a leaveon gel. But, you still have to put a moisturizer ( i use eucerin dry skin 5% urea).

Well it works for me... I use benzac acne wash.

I just gently rub my skin with it for 8-10 minutes and then wash it away. My derm. says it has plenty of time killing the bacteria and won't let my face as red as with a leaveon gel. But, you still have to put a moisturizer ( i use eucerin dry skin 5% urea).

8-10 minutes with a BP wash? I use a 6.5% BP wash from my derm, but 8-10 minutes sounds like it would really irritate your skin. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

is that the only product your derm gave you to use? Just wash? Nothing to leave on your skin, or no pills?

Just curious. If all he suggested was a bp wash, either he isn't a very good derm, or your acne must be extremely mild.

is that the only product your derm gave you to use? Just wash? Nothing to leave on your skin, or no pills?

Just curious. If all he suggested was a bp wash, either he isn't a very good derm, or your acne must be extremely mild.

Cause you're a good dermatologist?

Anyway, I was wondering: Is there any way to command CSR gel without a credit/debit card? Cause I have none and my parents would kill me if I use their on the net.

Cause you're a good dermatologist?

Anyway, I was wondering: Is there any way to command CSR gel without a credit/debit card? Cause I have none and my parents would kill me if I use their on the net.

Nope, I'm not a derm at all. :D But I have lots of experience with derms and over 20 years of being treated by derms for my acne. They generally don't just prescribe a wash alone, that is why I asked. There is almost always either an oral medication, or a topical one to augment the wash.

As for ordering the CSR gel without a card, you can order and pay by check in the regular mail, some people even send cash as payment, although that is taking a risk, imo.

ask ur parents if u can use their card to buy it man

be honest

if they kno ur having problems with acne im sure they wud try and help

Yeah.. very untrue that a wash isn't on long enough. I use OXY max strength wash now, and I'm more clear now than I ever was on the regimen, the regimen ruined my skin.

Yeah.. very untrue that a wash isn't on long enough. I use OXY max strength wash now, and I'm more clear now than I ever was on the regimen, the regimen ruined my skin.

Is this the wash you use?

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...-PLST-0-SRCH-HV

That's very interesting. Do you leave the wash on for a certain amount of time, or do you do a quick wash like normal? Do you use the other products it says to use alongside it, like the lotion, or any other additional products? Also, how long have you been doing this?

also, you might want to change your signature because it appears you are still a Regimen user.

That's very interesting. Do you leave the wash on for a certain amount of time, or do you do a quick wash like normal?

also, you might want to change your signature because it appears you are still a Regimen user.

Brandy your so cute when your mad. :P

oh, I'm not mad, lol.

I find it interesting what works for other people, so the more details he gives, the better. And typically, a wash by itself isn't very efffective, so I was just wondering if he was using anything else with it.

oh, I'm not mad, lol.

I find it interesting what works for other people, so the more details he gives, the better. And typically, a wash by itself isn't very efffective, so I was just wondering if he was using anything else with it.

I'm sure your very good at the bribing part lol, and you'll get all the information you need. :)

My experience with Proactiv has left a very sour taste in my mouth as far as BP washes go. Even at my most irritated using Dan's BP gel, my face was nowhere near as irritated as after using the Proactiv 2.5% BP wash. I think a lot of this had to do with the fact that the Proactiv wash was really more of a runny scrub, so it would tear open my face and then let BP and other chemicals get in those raw, sensitive areas. Using that wash and a thin layer of the Proactiv BP (by thin layer I mean not nearly as much as I use now of Dan's gel) was definitely not enough to clear up my skin, and I took my time with that wash (2-3 minutes usually I think). Maybe if you use a non-scrubby BP wash for a long enough time it will help clear up your face, but I'm not willing to try this--I've been through enough trial and error over the years with skin products and all I know is that no facewash, BP or SA, has ever helped my skin. However, Dan's gel works fantabulously for me. I think in order for a facewash to have any chance of clearing up your skin that your acne has to be quite mild, too, since no matter how you look at it, your skin is not getting the same level of BP penetration from a wash that it would with a gel or cream.

My experience with Proactiv has left a very sour taste in my mouth as far as BP washes go. Even at my most irritated using Dan's BP gel, my face was nowhere near as irritated as after using the Proactiv 2.5% BP wash. I think a lot of this had to do with the fact that the Proactiv wash was really more of a runny scrub, so it would tear open my face and then let BP and other chemicals get in those raw, sensitive areas. Using that wash and a thin layer of the Proactiv BP (by thin layer I mean not nearly as much as I use now of Dan's gel) was definitely not enough to clear up my skin, and I took my time with that wash (2-3 minutes usually I think). Maybe if you use a non-scrubby BP wash for a long enough time it will help clear up your face, but I'm not willing to try this--I've been through enough trial and error over the years with skin products and all I know is that no facewash, BP or SA, has ever helped my skin. However, Dan's gel works fantabulously for me. I think in order for a facewash to have any chance of clearing up your skin that your acne has to be quite mild, too, since no matter how you look at it, your skin is not getting the same level of BP penetration from a wash that it would with a gel or cream.

Ya I tend to agree, washing was my first form of BP, and I used it for a week before I threw it away.

oh, I'm not mad, lol.

I'm sure your very good at the bribing part lol, and you'll get all the information you need. :)

I didn't bribe anyone Stocko. :hand:;)

I agree about the Proactiv wash. That was the last thing I had tried before finding this website, it had left my skin in worse shape than when I started!

That's very interesting. Do you leave the wash on for a certain amount of time, or do you do a quick wash like normal? Do you use the other products it says to use alongside it, like the lotion, or any other additional products? Also, how long have you been doing this?

Well.. it is like that kind, but a newer version, it's pretty much the same thing though, they have this normal one http://store.yahoo.com/physlabs/110782.html and then a CHILLER one with like beads in it. Yeah, I've used about 2 bottles of it so probably been using it for about 4 months, I don't use anything else. I use some Eucerin lotion sometimes if I get dry.

I haven't been here on the site for quite sometime, thats why the signature is still the same. As for washing, I just wash normal, I try not to leave it on too long, I get a good lather, then rinse my hands, and then swash it around a little more then rinse immediately after, all the while going gentle. warm water, not hot. My skin is real clear at the moment and I hope it stays that way.

even for the wash you have to let it sit there after applying and gently massaging into the acne areas for about 30 seconds to 1 min, then wash it away, and the moisturize.

oh, I'm not mad, lol.

I didn't bribe anyone Stocko. :hand:;)

I agree about the Proactiv wash. That was the last thing I had tried before finding this website, it had left my skin in worse shape than when I started!

hella.that f**ked my face up along with differnt all teh damn WRONG moisturizers.

i didn't know anything back then, i regret my knoledgelessness so much lol i think i just made that up

Well.. it is like that kind, but a newer version, it's pretty much the same thing though, they have this normal one http://store.yahoo.com/physlabs/110782.html and then a CHILLER one with like beads in it. Yeah, I've used about 2 bottles of it so probably been using it for about 4 months, I don't use anything else. I use some Eucerin lotion sometimes if I get dry.

I haven't been here on the site for quite sometime, thats why the signature is still the same. As for washing, I just wash normal, I try not to leave it on too long, I get a good lather, then rinse my hands, and then swash it around a little more then rinse immediately after, all the while going gentle. warm water, not hot. My skin is real clear at the moment and I hope it stays that way.

I use that one too and it worked well (exept it was 5%bp). It took like 2-3 weeks and my skin was all clear. Just a few little breakouts since last summer.

These times I use Benzac W wash and my skin looks even better.