Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soldier

Is there a prescription that will fix mild acne?

Hey all, I have never really felt I need a prescription becuase my acne is what you guys would consider pretty mild. I bounce around week to week from having no zits to haveing at most about 5 maybe 6 on a really bad day. I hate it but its certainly not severe enough to go on a hardcore prescritpion plus i hate having a red dry face often associated with creams. However my mild case is rather stubborn and no matter what OTC products i try I cant seem to rid it, Ill get clear for a week then breakout then clear up then breakout its frustrating but not severe or even moderate. Is there any prescritpion that will destroy mild acne or am I just being to hopeful. I figure maybe id see if i should try a prescritpion to help me out, since my acne is mild maybe one of them would work where it fails for most becuase their acne is much more severe?

if ur face isnt oily or inflammed, the only thing i can tell u is that no one notices it as much as u do. Trust me. If its oily and/or inflammed ur out of luck just like i was but my acne looks worse then it is cause i have a lot of scars and get whiteheads a lot. Im on accutane, but if ur face isnt bad enough dont over-irritate it with creams and such.

Try the clear skin regimen. Its supposed to help a lot with mild acne.

Guest ilovepancakes

Like ant said, follow Dan's regimine carefully. Stick with it, it should work well for you.

If you have alot of excess oil or

acne on your back then consider seeing a doctor.

:ninja:

Hun, maybe you could give a low dose of an antibiotic such as doxycycline a go (i.e. 50mg/day)?

Also def try the clear skin regime...it has worked for tonnes of people :) Good luck