Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Its been said before and I will say it again, do you ever notice how "plump" people have really nice skin.

Im REALLLY skinny, possibly if I gain weight It will help the acne?

I've kind of noticed that too. I'm 58" in heigth and tiny(and my face is covered with acne :( ). I don't think I could gain weight if I wanted too. I don't think acne has anything to do with weight tho.

You're not the first one to notice this. Many have also. I posted something about this in acne research.

I've read that excess insulin causes excess amounts of IGF-1 which acts as an androgen. It has been shown that women with acne have excess IGF-1.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...1&dopt=Abstract

I wonder if many overweight people are pre-diabetic which would mean that their pancreas isn't producing enough insulin. This would lower their IGF-1, thus decreasing acne.

IGF-1 goes down as we age so some people are interested in using it to slow down the aging process. This could be why so many acne prone people look so young.

Excess sugar, protein and calories in general raise insulin levels. This could be why certain dietary changes can heal acne. I've read that most people's insulin levels stay fairly stable, but there is a sizable minority of people whose insulin is very flexible and goes up and down radically.

I only started getting acne like 3-4 months ago (I'm 18) and I have been getting skinnier lately. Lots of people are noticing...people even ask me if I eat at all. I eat plenty, but I'm also wondering if weight has something to do with acne...

well the problem here is htat maybe ur body isn't getting enough nutrients so as a side effect ur getting acne...

u don't have to put on so much weight but try to get a variety of foods and maybe take multi-vitamin tablets

(like flintstones :lol: )

Hey trust me on this one i have suffered from moderate acne for about 5 years and was 5'8 220 till i lost 60 pounds this past year. But my face was the same as when i was fat! I don't bealive weight has any affect on acne.

I'm also really skinny about 125 pounds and 5'11 and people always tell me to eat more, but I eat so much already. I am always hungry no matter what.