Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neveragain

What would happen if a Male went on birth control

I did alot of research about estrogen and it turns out it is highly connected to skin quality. Its increased blood flow and thickens the skin. I am male and if Estrogen would give me better skin, I will find a way to get it, but if it makes me grow boobs or my balls fall off................

Not sure. What you could do is call your local health clinic (Planned Parenthood might be a good place to start) if you don't have a regular doctor and enquire.

There may be some benefits to a male being on birth control for skin. But best to check with a proffesional first.

I don't want to offend you, but you are kind of squirrelly. If a male took female hormones in dosages high enough to effect the skin, you would see other effects as well. And no, your balls won't fall off... But, you would develop breast tissue (gynochemastia), and you would end up with other female attributes. Sometimes it is a change in vocal pitch, shriveling of the male sex organ (aka your wanker), along with all the complications that women have when they take estrogen supplements or birth control pills which include anything from heart attack, blood clots, and migraines.

Good luck with your penile-shriveling, breast developing, voice changing, migraine head-ache inducing venture. lol

Let's not forget the fact that too much estrogen turns into androgens and that can cause worse acne and/or cystic acne on your lower face. Estrogen is good, but only when it is in complete balance with your hormone system.

i say take it

I cant believe a moderator literally said "you should probably enquire (inquire by the way) with your local planned parenthood office." You should inquire with a psychotherapist if youre a guy and youre looking to TAKE BIRTH CONTROLLLLLL

Let's just say that male-to-female transsexuals use estrogen to develop some female qualities such as larger breasts and higher voices.

But then again, why don't you try it and please post full-body pictures of your progress. I'm really curious in your experiment.

Grow up, children. Birth control is relevativly SMALL amounts, certaintly not enough to make a man grow sizeable breasts.

Take your gender-fears somewhere else. There's scientific questions here that need to be answered.

Thank you. Im just interested about it. I cant believe the reaction I got, nearly hostile. Listen ppl, there are other boards where people are drinking thier own piss and stabbing needles in thier face.

No problem. :) You've actually got my curiosity piqued now, wondering if this is possible. If it were, then you men would be able to have one more option avaliable to you! And that's always nice.

Don't worry about the hostile responses, some people on this board have no idea how to handle new ideas.

I wasn't hostile at all- I just think you are a little squirrelly. I understand the original poster's question. I don't fault him for asking at all. I don't think it was a dumb question or anything.. However, it isn't probable.

Birth control pills will not work on a male, I'm sorry but you are wrong. They are based on tricking a female's body into thinking she is pregnant.. it won't do anything for a male. A male is mainly testosterone, a female is mostly estrogen. Therefore, the small amounts of estrogen in the pill help a woman's chemistry to balance (some block the small amounts of androgens we produce, and some are actually higher in testosterone levels to help with endometriosis and ovarian cysts.) .. it will not do this for a male. There is simply too much testosterone. They would have to come up with a male version of the pill.. which is basically hormone replacement therapy- which is what transsexuals use. And this would cause gynochemastia, and various other female attributes. There's no way to add female hormones to a male without changing him physically.. same goes for a female. If you take steroids (synthetic male hormones) as a female, you will get more masculine...

Grow up, children. Birth control is relevativly SMALL amounts, certaintly not enough to make a man grow sizeable breasts.

Take your gender-fears somewhere else. There's scientific questions here that need to be answered.

yes it is,, its the same amount that women produce. Thats why women dont make their own estrogen when they are on birth control.

"the low has 25 mcg compared to 35 mcg in the regular " http://www.thepill.com/html/ppil/faq.jsp?#faq1

Your body produces 100 to 200 mcgs daily of estrogen( 1). Estradiol is the main component in birth control(2) So 15% of 200 mcgs is 30 micrograms and the birth control is 25 to 35 micrograms. SO IF A MAN TAKES BIRTH CONTROL HE WILL EXPERIENCE CONSEQUENCES.

1)

http://www.drlam.com/A3R_brief_in_doc_form...ominance.cfm#F1

"Estrogen in our body actually is not a single hormone but a trio of hormones working together. The three components of estrogen are: estrone (E1), estradiol (E2), and estriol (E3). In addition, there are at least 24 other identified types of estrogen produced in the woman's body, and more will be discovered. In healthy young women, the typical mix approximates 15/15/70% respectively. This is the combination worked out by Mother Nature as optimum for human females. Today, we use the word estrogen loosely to include also a family of hormones, including animal estrogens, synthetic estrogens, phytoestrogens (plant estrogens), and xenoestrogens (environmental estrogens, usually from toxins such as pesticides)."

2)

"ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN ®Tablets ORTHO-CYCLEN ®Tablets (norgestimate/ethinyl estradiol) " http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/norgestimest.htm

3)

The normal production ratio of testosterone to estrogen is approximately 100:1. The normal ratio of testosterone to estrogen in the circulation is approximately 300:1. http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic934.htm

oWN3D

Relativly small amounts, as in, a person is more than likely not going to devolep large breasts (or larger), or have thier testicles shrink to the size of walnuts.

In other words, small enough amounts to where unless you are going to get the surgery, you shouldn't need to worry about turning into a girl.

Owned, darling, not oWNE3D. Leetspeak is for 13 year olds who think 100 lines of code is alot. (or for those poor, delluded souls who think purposelly mispelling a word makes them "extreme" and "elite").

;)

Relativly small amounts, as in, a person is more than likely not going to devolep large breasts (or larger), or have thier testicles shrink to the size of walnuts.

In other words, small enough amounts to where unless you are going to get the surgery, you shouldn't need to worry about turning into a girl.

Owned, darling, not oWNE3D. Leetspeak is for 13 year olds who think 100 lines of code is alot. (or for those poor, delluded souls who think purposelly mispelling a word makes them "extreme" and "elite").

;)

Nevertheless, if a man takes 25 micrograms daily of estrogen he will have a great chance of producing breast tissue. My stepbrother or ex stepbrother now STEP SISTER was prescribed 50 micrograms daily to develop his breast. That was all he needed to develop breast rather quickly. Now when we speak of gynecomastia, we are not talking D or even B cups, we are talking about enlarged nipples and fat synthesis under the nipple. If 50 micrograms will grow B cups, 25 to 35 micrograms will certainly create gynecomastia.

Um, that's a bad idea. Very bad idea. :naughty: Since you're male, if you were to take birth control pills, you'd would definitely be feeling girly. Yes, breast tissue would begin to develop. It won't be the size of Pamela Anderson's yabow's (spelling??) but they will grow. Yes, your voice would begin to change.. like a girly... in your case, for the worse since you're male. Why this thought? It's rather silly.

I know having acne is the worse. Good luck to you amigo. :)

I had to laugh at Frankie B Girl's comment.... err um... the shriveling of your wanker. :lol:

I rather doubt it, but I could be wrong.

It has been known to happen before. :)

Which is why I recommend that the original poster check with a proffesional. I've been on birth control for near ten years and have had no breast growth. Different people react differently - and I'm actually pretty sure he's not the first guy to ask this question.

Talking with a proffesional is the best way to find out the answers. God knows I love the internet like anyone else, but info is not always as solid as we'd hope it is.

LOL dollyapples- thanks! I have a way with words, no? haha

But yes- when I said gynecomastia (thanks for the spelling by the way- I knew I was off by a few letters!) it doesn't mean you end up with D cup boobs. It is a thickening of the fatty layer under the nipples which makes a male's chest appear like a young girl's...right as puberty sets in. It doesn't mean you will be walking around with jubblies, ya know?

There would be consequences.. and Like I said before, I don't fault that guy for asking... But it just isn't a good idea.

You have absolutely no evidence to back up "shriveling" of a penis from taking estrogen. There is not one documented case to my knowledge. Take your insults and pseudoscience somewhere else and leave people like this alone to the educated.

I wasn't hostile at all- I just think you are a little squirrelly. I understand the original poster's question. I don't fault him for asking at all. I don't think it was a dumb question or anything.. However, it isn't probable.

Birth control pills will not work on a male, I'm sorry but you are wrong. They are based on tricking a female's body into thinking she is pregnant.. it won't do anything for a male. A male is mainly testosterone, a female is mostly estrogen. Therefore, the small amounts of estrogen in the pill help a woman's chemistry to balance (some block the small amounts of androgens we produce, and some are actually higher in testosterone levels to help with endometriosis and ovarian cysts.) .. it will not do this for a male. There is simply too much testosterone. They would have to come up with a male version of the pill.. which is basically hormone replacement therapy- which is what transsexuals use. And this would cause gynochemastia, and various other female attributes. There's no way to add female hormones to a male without changing him physically.. same goes for a female. If you take steroids (synthetic male hormones) as a female, you will get more masculine...

I did alot of research about estrogen and it turns out it is highly connected to skin quality. Its increased blood flow and thickens the skin. I am male and if Estrogen would give me better skin, I will find a way to get it, but if it makes me grow boobs or my balls fall off................

There was a man on the healthboards named "Joey" who took spironolactone and premarin to control his acne. It did a marvelous job for him but it did have some consequences. I think he lost his sex drive. You could go over there and do a search for him. Nothing else helped him up to that point and he was willing to make that sacrifice for clear skin.

i say take it

I cant believe a moderator literally said "you should probably enquire (inquire by the way) with your local planned parenthood office." You should inquire with a psychotherapist if youre a guy and youre looking to TAKE BIRTH CONTROLLLLLL

seriously

I didn't read most of the replies...... anyway....

I don't want to take my bc.... want it? I've got 11 more packs, ha ha ;)

Good God what ever happened to a bit of respect for one another?

Talk to a professional, you'll never get a definitive answer on here.

Good luck with your penile-shriveling, breast developing, voice changing, migraine head-ache inducing venture. lol

:lol: I think this is the funniest thing I have ever read on this site!! Thank you!!

I don't know the answer to the question, but instinctively I would have thought that if it was OK for guys to take BC for acne without unreasonable side effects alot more doctors would be prescribing it. We are on a site for acne sufferers and none of the posts I have read even suggest it.

Well, I'm a girl full of estrogen naturally and I'm covered in zits and oil ...theory doesnt work.

It can work for guys too since males have low levels of estrogens. However, would you trade clear skin with boobs and a girly voice?