Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
berg

on my 3rd day of csr and my face burns and is really red!!!

ive followed dans directions and ive only put bp on my face in the morning so far,,and today after i finished putting bp and the moisturezer on my face my face started burning and now its really red..what should i do?

IPB Image

A lot of people tend to burn after they put moisturiser on near the start of the regimen. Are you using a moisturiser with an AHA as at the start of the regimen this may be too much which is why it is stinging. Also you could try waiting the full 15 minutes between BP and moisturiser applications to make sure the BP is fully absorbed and so is not reacting with the moisturiser.

Also most people get red at the start of the regimen as part of your skin becoming accoustomed to BP so try not to worry too much about it becasue it should start to decrease with time :)

Well I was hoping this CSR BP would stop me being red. I've used PanOxyl for 2 years so surely my face is accustomed to BP.

As for you Berg, dont worry mate, apply the BP at night, then when you wake up your face will be alot less red, and you can look natural when you go out.

thats what wil happen wen u start the regimen :D

try n stay positive man it wil get better

how do i get rid of the redness?

thats what wil happen wen u start the regimen :D

try n stay positive man it wil get better

how do i get rid of the redness?

Read my post above mate. Apply BP at NIGHT!

Also get some tissue paper and get rid of that slight shinyness that you have, or some blotting sheets.

redness is simply somethin that wil fade within a few days

until then just blame it on sunburn lol

or miss an application in the morning so ur skin looks normal through the day is my advice

how much bp are you using?

You should start the Regimen by using about 1/4 of the recommended full dosage. Maybe decrease the amount you are using.

Some redness and dryness is just part of topical acne treatments, it can't always be avoided in all people. But you can use less and maybe skip a treatment, let your skin settle down, then begin again with teeny amount.

let us know what kind of mositurizer you are suing b/c AHAs WILL make your face red as hell.

let us know what kind of mositurizer you are suing b/c AHAs WILL make your face red as hell.

im using clean and clear oil free dual action moisturizer...... i think i put to much bp on today b/c i used the amount that dan showed us to use during the 1st week but i put that amount 3 times on my face in diffrent areas.

ok, I think we've located the problem. You mentioned using too much bp and putting it on 3 times a day. That's a problem. And also I believe that moisturizer you are using is medicated with salicylic acid, which will also cause redness and dryness.

Try to stick to the Regimen exactly as Dan describes.

Gentle unmedicated cleanser, 2.5% bp, umedicated oil-free moisturizer. And only twice a day.

During the first week you should use only 1/4 finger worth of Dan's CSR gel, The second week should be about 1/2 finger CSR gel, the third week 3/4 finger CSR gel, and by the fourth week the full dosage of one full finger length.

I would try using like 5 small blobs of BP cream chin, nose, forehead, left cheek, right cheek.

Fairly small amounts but all of your face gets some rub it in slowly and gently and use a very gentle moisturiser for 1-2 weeks then move up..

ok, I think we've located the problem. You mentioned using too much bp and putting it on 3 times a day. That's a problem. And also I believe that moisturizer you are using is medicated with salicylic acid, which will also cause redness and dryness.

Try to stick to the Regimen exactly as Dan describes.

Gentle unmedicated cleanser, 2.5% bp, umedicated oil-free moisturizer. And only twice a day.

During the first week you should use only 1/4 finger worth of Dan's CSR gel, The second week should be about 1/2 finger CSR gel, the third week 3/4 finger CSR gel, and by the fourth week the full dosage of one full finger length.

im using the purpose cleansing bar, i looked ofr 2.5% and i couldnt find it anywhere,,,,if i was to order dans csr creme do u know how long shipment takes? and i didnt use bp today 3 times...i put it on my face this morning using 1/4 finger worth of 3 times

start with less berg!

if u want, take a morning off the regimen an let ur face calm down.

then simply start again but with small dosage and work ur way up

http://www.acne.org/finger.html

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

i think you should also check those 3links just simply for reference!

ok berg good luck with regimen man!

Trust me not that much of a big deal. The exact same thing happened at the exact same time with me. I blamed it on sunburn, lol. But dont stay in the sun too long. The redness will last about three days but less and less each day. Eventually it'll turn red for a few min. in the morning after moisturizing. Oh dont be suprised if you break out the first few days on the regimen, dont panic itll mean that its working.

Trust me not that much of a big deal. The exact same thing happened at the exact same time with me. I blamed it on sunburn, lol. But dont stay in the sun too long. The redness will last about three days but less and less each day. Eventually it'll turn red for a few min. in the morning after moisturizing. Oh dont be suprised if you break out the first few days on the regimen, dont panic itll mean that its working.

hmmmmmm u dont "break out" as such, ur skin sometimes jus reacts strange thats all

i never broke out initially, i cleared up within days

but i didnt moisturise as i didnt know i had2 as i hadnt found this site, so my skin went dry and then broke out due to irritated skin from dryness

make sure u moisturise from day1 an u shud be fine

hmmmmmm u dont "break out" as such, ur skin sometimes jus reacts strange thats all

i never broke out initially, i cleared up within days

but i didnt moisturise as i didnt know i had2 as i hadnt found this site, so my skin went dry and then broke out due to irritated skin from dryness

make sure u moisturise from day1 an u shud be fine

dami3n- im going to just use less, but thnks and sublime- i didnt get any breakputs yet but some blackheads that were under my skin are comming up which im guessing is good? and i was jw since my skin looks a little cleaer now then it did when i started the regimen on wendsday how long do u guys think it will take me to be fully clear?

it can sometimes take 2-3 months before ur skin is clear and stays clear if u kno what i mean.

u shud be looking a lot better within 6weeks or so

an from then on u wil jus continue to improve (hopefully)

hehe

it can sometimes take 2-3 months before ur skin is clear and stays clear if u kno what i mean.

u shud be looking a lot better within 6weeks or so

an from then on u wil jus continue to improve (hopefully)

hehe

posted in my other thread

last friday i wound up using way to much bp...so my face was red and burning for like 2 days,,my face is now back to normal and i told my dermo yesterday about the regimen and he said to not do it b/c i have inflamitor ance and the regimen works perfectly for ppl with blackheads and that have greasy faces. so he told me to use a tiny bit of 2.5 bp on my face i bought the cvs brand of the nuetra gena on the spot cream and that i should use it @ night and to not use the cleaning bar anymore ,and to use a tiny bit of cortizone cream in the a.m , only like 3/7 days a week..