Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spotbuster

panoxyl for bacne?

hi i have just bought some panoxyl 5 to try out on my moderate bacne.i wouldnt say i have oily skin back there..just normal i guess.do i need to put on a moisturizer after it?has anyone tried this on their bacne?.cheers..

As its BP is should work, but it is likely to dry you out so I would recommed using a moisturiser with it :)

thanks for the reply..wud a moisturizer with sa in it b any harm?..i have loreal pure zone anti regreasing moisturiser..

mmm, your back would be more tolerant than your face so it might be ok :)

hi i have just bought some panoxyl 5 to try out on my moderate bacne.i wouldnt say i have oily skin back there..just normal i guess.do i need to put on a moisturizer after it?has anyone tried this on their bacne?.cheers..

panoxyl 5% is weeeeak.. get the 10%, and get a moisturizer designed to help acne cuz the panoxyl bar WILL dry out your skin. If you dont get dry skin from 10% panoxyl bar, you wouldn't have acne in the first place cuz your skin has to be like 10 inches thick lol.

panoxyl 5% is weeeeak.. get the 10%, and get a moisturizer designed to help acne cuz the panoxyl bar WILL dry out your skin. If you dont get dry skin from 10% panoxyl bar, you wouldn't have acne in the first place cuz your skin has to be like 10 inches thick lol.

I bought mine at Walgreens for 7 and some change.

I actually used a lot, and kept working up a good lather, waiting 5 min, then rinsing off. It's actually helping though. I feel nice and smooth back there now. But, I am left with a lot of saucer scars and pigmentation/dyschromia.

Many MD's and derms, from what I read on Dermatology Times on 'Product Reviews' say Panoxyl 10 will work well ffor body acne but tends to lose its effectives after continued use. This I expected as everything I have tried has always failed after prolonged use. You body develops and 'immunity' to it, and that has a lot of scientific credibility, because your oil glands will produce more oil to counteract the repeated drying effects. This happens over prolonged use, unfortunately. Basically, don't expect this to be a miracle cure for everybody. Afterall, it's only Benzoyl Peroxide, and if Clearisil worked we wouldn't have this forum.