Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So yer, I got told I had a shiny face today, its like I got cream on it. Well, you all know I have :), but is there a way to counter this shiny face?

I live in the UK, is there a product to get rid of a shiny face from Boots or somewere else?

Thanks.

P.S. I love how SMOOTH my skin is, but when I look in the mirror I have redmarks everywere lol, but I have AHA to try and help it out.

Have you tried dabbing it with a tissue? Or you could try out some of the blotting sheet things which I think are available from Boots, I think clean and clear do some and so do various make up brands :)

i jus use a paper towel if i look a bit shiney hehe!

It aint sweat or anything, it's just shiny. It's definately the BP doing it, but does a standard tissue paper do the trick? I dont get it!

I have used some benzoyl peroxide preparations in the past that when they dried, it was kidof a clear shiny film on my face. Like Benzamycin did that to me. So if that is what you are talking about Stocko, it may be the Panoxyl.

If it is shinyness like oilyness, after applying moisturizer, then you could blot it off with a tissue.

I have used some benzoyl peroxide preparations in the past that when they dried, it was kidof a clear shiny film on my face. Like Benzamycin did that to me. So if that is what you are talking about Stocko, it may be the Panoxyl.

If it is shinyness like oilyness, after applying moisturizer, then you could blot it off with a tissue.

Oh it could be in the product I'm using? Oh, well, heres hope to that delivery man aint long.

bp dont make u shiney lol

prob the moisturiser man!

whatcha usin?

Eucerin Dry Skin blabla with 5% Urea. £10 from Boots.

did u purchase dans CSR then bro?

I get my Debit Card on Tuesday, read my other post mate. As soon as I get it, hell ya it's going on order. 10 of em. (As thats the max).

lol i wud make it 2 to start man

it wil last u ages jus 1tube

10 wil prob expire bfeore u get round 2 using it hehe

jus use is like the regimen says an ul be fine :D

lol i wud make it 2 to start man

it wil last u ages jus 1tube

10 wil prob expire bfeore u get round 2 using it hehe

jus use is like the regimen says an ul be fine :D

Lol okay, 5 then. Erm, I'm using PanOxyl right now, which I have for like 2 years, so I'm used to BP. I'll use full dosage of CSR when I get it yer?

The main reason I'm gettin CSR is obviously the acne :), but also to reduce redness too.

Right, am off on my Xbox 360, I'll c you lot later! Cheers Brandy, Dami3n and Janiet for the words of wisdom.

Yep if youve been using BP for that long then you should be fine to go in at the full dosage! When I switched from PanOxyl to Dan's BP I noticed the difference in irritation almost immediately- Good Luck! :)

What's making you shiney is the Eucerin from boots, I wont use it because i refuse to look like a grease ball ;)

There are many other moisturisers that are equally as moisturising but dont make you shine like you've just dipped your face in a chip pan.

Guest ilovepancakes

be careful about mosturizer for sure, blotting with pieces of looseleaf paper

during the day can help blot away oil.

You might consider medications if its really bad.

:ninja: