Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VegasMike

Do you think this is a possibility?

Alright as most of you know I went to the doctor's on Tuesday and was prescribed with Azithromycin aka Zithromax and Benzaclin. Anyways so far I've been using both medicines and haven't had any breakouts and the breakouts I had earlier this week are going away. Now is it possible that maybe the 10% bp that i was using was too much dosage and that i should switch to the 2.5% version when i run out of the benzaclin. i plan on going back to the doctor's possibly next month to see what he would recommend but I just wanted to get some of your opinions as well. thanks.

definately do the switch. 2.5 will work just as good as 10, without the extra stress and irritation on your skin.

Apparantly the 2.5% has just the same effectivness as the 10% just with much less irritation, so if you are having some irritation from the 10% then I would recommend switching :)

Apparantly the 2.5% has just the same effectivness as the 10% just with much less irritation, so if you are having some irritation from the 10% then I would recommend switching :)

not having any irratation, but i kept on getting breakouts....right now since using the benzaclin which i believe contains a 2.5 % bp along with a couple of other ingredients, i have not had any breakouts.

i would like nothing more then to keep using the benzaclin but it's kind of expensive even with insurance. $35 for a 25gram jar.

Maybe the other ingredients arent doing your skin any good. I would suggest using a simple 2.5% BP and see how you go, maybe the 10% could be irritating your skin but just not showing it on the outside? (apart from pimples) :)

Maybe the other ingredients arent doing your skin any good. I would suggest using a simple 2.5% BP and see how you go, maybe the 10% could be irritating your skin but just not showing it on the outside? (apart from pimples) :)

i will give it a try once the benzaclin runs out. which should be in a week and a half or so.

Keep us posted on how it goes- Good Luck! :)

I will, right now everything is going wonderful. Only got one pimple near where my sideburns are. and you know i was looking at some places to get benzaclin without going back to the doctor and that stuff costs like $125 for that small tiny jar. :blink: it's cheaper for me just to go to the doctor it would cost me a total of $55 for the visit and the medicine itself. but if i do go back i'm gonna ask for refills on the prescription.

woah $125- thats crazy! but $55 is pretty expensive aswell, well atleast if you switch back to BP you'll be saving some money! ;)

woah $125- thats crazy! but $55 is pretty expensive aswell, well atleast if you switch back to BP you'll be saving some money! ;)

yeah i know, but it's $35 for the jar which lasts maybe 2 weeks...possibly a bit longer. but if it works...it's worth the money for me, i have no problem paying for it. i rather pay $70 a month and have clear skin then to have a face full of pimples.