Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skummer

Frustrating spot - wont go.. advice?

Recently I've had quite a large inflamed spot appear on my forehead (which is very annoying) but unlike past ones it's decided to stay there, as a still quite a large lump but refuses to come to a head or go down. Usually I can leave a spot and it'll become a whitehead, and then eventually die, but this one shows no signs, it's really frustrating, as it still looks quite red, but is quite "hard". Is there anything I can really do here? I've managed to resist going at it with my fingernails so far!

Recently I've had quite a large inflamed spot appear on my forehead (which is very annoying) but unlike past ones it's decided to stay there, as a still quite a large lump but refuses to come to a head or go down. Usually I can leave a spot and it'll become a whitehead, and then eventually die, but this one shows no signs, it's really frustrating, as it still looks quite red, but is quite "hard". Is there anything I can really do here? I've managed to resist going at it with my fingernails so far!

Don't touch it!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

I've got 3 on my head of this description. They are hard and red, they don't hurt anymore, but they never come to a head.

I bathe them every night with hot water and a clean flannel. It has started reducing them in size. And then I smother them in BP.

The main thing is not to mess with them, as this will make them bigger and cause scarring.

Don't touch it!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

I've got 3 on my head of this description. They are hard and red, they don't hurt anymore, but they never come to a head.

I bathe them every night with hot water and a clean flannel. It has started reducing them in size. And then I smother them in BP.

The main thing is not to mess with them, as this will make them bigger and cause scarring.

Thanks for the advice. So you think bathing it hot water is the best thing to do? Are there any other methods? I'm pretty sure mine has reduced in size somewhat since it's peak so I guess this is a good sign.

you could try a warm compress this will drain it then leave it alone for a little bit then use an ice cube wrapped in a rag or a few layers of paper towel- this will make the swelling go down and like the previous post said smother it in BP < it does work wonders!

good luck !

idunno if warm water is a good thing.cold water reduces the size of your sebu. glan and reduces swelling.the ice thing is much bettersolution.put some in a plastic baggy and hold it on there as long as possible.

Sorry to revive this, but this is gettin really annoying now.

I've had the "spot" for about 2 weeks now, and it still remains inflamed and swollen. It's like it just wont come to a head. The problem is it's big, and right between my eyebrows, so it's so noticeable it's almost funny.

Other acne I get comes to a head relatively quickly, and will go in a few days maximum. I'm not sure what to do... Just wait longer? Will it eventually reach a head? Could continuing to apply BP to the area prevent this?