Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snewpy

Moisturizers question - Baby lotion?

Is baby lotion (specifically Gerber "Grins and Giggles" hypoalergenic lotion) a good moisutrizer to use if your just starting the regimen? I can get it from my father's work extremely cheap, so just wondering if it worked as well as the moisturizers the site lists. It's been day 1 only but so far my skin doesnt feel very irritated or anything, so I assumed it was OK to use.

Thanks for any info!

Guest yahyah

Is baby lotion (specifically Gerber "Grins and Giggles" hypoalergenic lotion) a good moisutrizer to use if your just starting the regimen? I can get it from my father's work extremely cheap, so just wondering if it worked as well as the moisturizers the site lists. It's been day 1 only but so far my skin doesnt feel very irritated or anything, so I assumed it was OK to use.

Thanks for any info!

umm. well baby lotion (i thinking like ;johnsons & johnsons cos I don't know the brand you mean) is quite thick and I would imagine it would be hard to use on the regimen. Any moisturiser must be able to spread easily on top of the BP and absorb well...

Why don't you try using one of the moisturisers Dan recommends - if you're just starting out on the regimen it would be better to start properly with the right products so you can follow the regimen to a T. Only then will the regimen work. Of course, we don't all use those specific products, including myself.. but start with the recommended ones until you see results and then you can experiment etc.

I always found them to be very thick very smelly and very oily.

You cant rub it into your skin well so it looks horrible all day.

Eucerin seems to rub in within 15 minutes for me and you cant tell which is great.

Paul

You want something that will not clog pores. I like Aveen Daily Moisture For Babies but it it doesn't work too well with BP. It's too bad because it is the best moisturizer I have ever used. I still use, but only apply it very thin with little pressure so it doesn't clump up. I use aloe vera gel as my main moisturizer. Some days it doesn't have enough moisture so I'll follow it up with the Aveeno.

I had bad luck with the ones recommended on the regimen.

Water (Aqua), Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Sucrose Palmitate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba Wax), Magnifera Indica Seed Butter (Mango), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Matricaria), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid

there are the ingredients so someone know what is in it. sorry, i didn't have time to look them up myself.

Thanks for any info!

I like aloe vera gel. It is inexpensive and it's a great moisturizer.

baby lotion is typically formulated for baby skin, and is not likely to be non-comedogenic which is necessary for acne-prone skin. And it usually has a strong fragrance. I personally would not use baby lotion.

i sorta tried 2use baby lotion once i started using bp originally an my skin went SUPER dry

then i found this site an realised i had2 use certain moisturisers etc so i left baby lotion

in my opinion u wanna use a nice moisturiser designed for the face!

read my posts on the information i found, and the other one that says "gets you thinking" or somethin likE that lol the crap in baby lotion isn't good at all, fragrance, synthetic beezwax and what not.just read that stuff

By the way, the Aveeno lotion I posted above is fragrance free and will not clog pores. It's probably the only baby product that is fragrance free lol