Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lad

Eucerin - greasy skin

I just started the regimen like a month or two ago, and have been using eucerin skin renewel. Recently I've only been applying bp and eucerin at night, because for some reason my face gets incredibly greasy like every half hour and I have to keep wiping it off or I look like I've been sweating profusely all day. I'm pretty confident its the eucerin though, and was wondering if there is any good alternatives to it.

Basically, something that wont dry my skin out but wont make my face look greasy/shiny all day.

Any recommendations?

You can consider blotting off the shine after you apply it. Or use a bit of pressed powder. That is one of the drawbacks of spf products, it is often the spf ingredients themselves that cause the shine. You can get those oil-blotting sheets or use a clean napkin or paper towel to blot it off. That will take away the shine, but leave the product in place.

Or you can consider trying one of the other moisturizers in the thread that Janiet posted above.

My skin used to look shiny after using Eucerin. The problem is that you don't wait long enough before using it. You must wait at least 15 minutes after washing your face . The water remaining on your face stops the cream.

I do blot the shine off my face, the problem is it comes back within an hour.

And usually I wait until I cant see the bp on my skin before applying moisturizer, but maybe I'll wait just a bit longer before applying and see how that goes.

Otherwise, any moisturizers that anyone knows of that are particularly non greasy?

Thanks for the replys.

:)

I do blot the shine off my face, the problem is it comes back within an hour.

And usually I wait until I cant see the bp on my skin before applying moisturizer, but maybe I'll wait just a bit longer before applying and see how that goes.

Otherwise, any moisturizers that anyone knows of that are particularly non greasy?

Thanks for the replys.

:)

Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture for "Combination Skin" is supposed to be really good for those with oily skin. i haven't tried it myself (i usually use the one for "Sensitive" skin, which is a very good product), but have read a lot of reviews raving about how it leaves the skin matte, even for those w/lots of oil. plus it has no SPF in it, which would probably also reduce the oiliness.