Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
precision response

Has anyone experienced a 'red hue' to their face whilst on Accutane?

My face is pretty red. If I get exposed to sun for a while or exert any physical activity my face gets insane. My face gets a few shades lighter than say... a ketchup bottle I'd say. I'm not really sure if it's normal or what I should do about it, but it's really odd and by far the worst side effect I have had.

Yes, I experienced the *red hue* you're asking about. It's called "flushing." Sometimes it's hardly evident and sometimes my face is really red. It looks like I was outside doing vigorous acitivity in the sun. But the good thing is that it's not so bad. Good luck. :)

I get the "red hue" as well and it's one of the worst side effects for me. I think it's just my skin's increased sun sensitivity which leads to lots of burning/flaking. I shower twice a day which probably doesn't help the matter either. I've had a number of people come up to me and ask me if I've ever heard of sunscreen before haha...I actually DO use oil-free SP15 though!

I experience the flushing too. It doesn't bother me that much. People just think I'm sunburnt, I have to explain to them that I'm not. Drinking water helps, washing in cold water helps, but I don't think there's any way to avoid it. When I really don't like it is when I'm blushing, because for some reason I blush easier and more seriously.