Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello Everyone!

I just received my Diacneal in the mail. yay* I read that it was good for oily clogged poress which i definitely have. I'm hoping that introducing this product to my routine will finally give me the clear skin I desire...*wishful thinking*. I would say my skin has mild - moderate acne. I started getting lil bumps when i was in highschool. I notice as the years go by my skin troubles seem to migrate to more places and I started forming papules this month! I have never had them before and they last forever on my cheeks :(. So we will see how this treatment goes. It cost me 40$ shipped soo hopefully i didnt just waste money (that's gas right there! ugh)

So here is what I have been doing for the last few weeks.

Morning: Exfoliate gently with a warm wet washcloth , lather some dove sensitive bar and cleanse face in shower, rub 2 drops of jojoba oil on slightly wet face, and then apply sunblock and Bare Escentuals powder.

Night: Do as above, but apply Walgreens AHA lotion instead of sunblock after the jojoba.

I know I know if anyone remembers my old post that i said initially the Walgreens lotion gave me horrible white heads - which it did, but for some reason i picked it up again and i didnt have those break outs anymore? Weird, it must of been something else then. Well my face was clearing up well using the routine :angel: above, but now I am breaking out again and its not even hormonal (not the time). sooooo im going to try out the Diacneal in place of the AHA lotion.

Currently I have 2 bumps on both of my cheeks (looks like they want to get bigger ..must stop them!) and scattered bumps lower then my cheeks, along jawline, a little bit on the sides *not really noticeable* and chin. I also have a bit of redmarks left behind on both of my cheeks.

OK! Starting tonight!!! Ill update as often as I can for anyone who is interested since Im an internet junkie anyways.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments please do! I like feedback.

Ok well I tried the diacneal last night and woke up this morning and my skin was pretty soft. The actives I have didnt grow! but no big difference from first use - didnt expect it to. No purge yet! and hopefully none. It's getting hot again here in California - 80s all next week X_x. Kinda worried how my skin will react. Heat + sweat + oil = mess of trouble ..

Hey there!

I've also been using Diacneal for over a month now. You can find my log in the retinoids forum (and if you would like your log moved there, just PM one the moderators). The results I've had have been great so far, a lot less clogged pores and oily skin throughout the day, and red marks fading nicely.

You just need to keep it; retinoids can take awhile before you see major improvements. Important things to remember when using Diacneal - always have sunscreen on during the day, and gentle cleansing. I noticed a big difference in the way my red marks looked after starting Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer SPF 45, and the gentler the cleanser, the better - less chances of needless irritations.

Keep up the progress, and if you have questions check out the retinoids forum - tons of pros who know what they are talking about :) !

:doh: Oops was I suppose to post this in there? Ok will PM a moderator. Thanks for your response smooth operator. How is your skin now after a month? all clear? It would be nice if itll help with oil in the long run. That is a big annoyance for me. I am definitely going to stick it out and give it a fair shot - 1 month or even till I finish the bottle. 40$ is the most I have ever spent o :shifty: n a acne product. :shifty:

:doh: Oops was I suppose to post this in there? Ok will PM a moderator. Thanks for your response smooth operator. How is your skin now after a month? all clear? It would be nice if itll help with oil in the long run. That is a big annoyance for me. I am definitely going to stick it out and give it a fair shot - 1 month or even till I finish the bottle. 40$ is the most I have ever spent o :shifty: n a acne product. :shifty:

When I started Diacneal my main problem was red marks and clogged pores, I was only getting small breakouts. After a month the most significant changes I have seen are:

+ Skin is A LOT smoother

+ Fewer clogged pores

+ Breakouts are smaller and less frequent

+ Face is not as oily mid-day as before (though my forhead is still pretty much the same)

+ Also helped eliminate the blackheads on my nose drastically

My redmarks are still persistent, but they have begun to fade. This is why using sunscreen is extremely important - the sun can only make the red marks darker, and with Diacneal the chances of sun damage increase.

It is an expensive product, but if you remain persistent, with proper use, you should begin to feel and see a difference gradually. Again, there are a lot of people on this forum who can help you out so don't be afraid to ask questions - we're all in this together :D !

Which site did you order your Diacneal from?

OH I ordered it from ebay. Others have ordered from Tubotica.com also. I'm considering ordering from there if this tube helps me out.

It's such a pitty how the marketmechanism works. Just because products are from France they are more expensive (here) already(!) than in France itsself. This goes up for brands like Vichy, Roc but also Avene (the brand of Diacneal).

With '(here)' I mean the Netherlands (west from Germany, East from the UK, North from Belgium). My Avene Diacneal 30ml tube (1 oz.) cost me 14,25 Euro. That's about 18 USD at the moment. At an online shop here I can even order it for 11,25 Euro but then I have to pay 6 euro shippingcosts which would force me to buy atleast 3 tubes at once to save money.

Anyway, that's still a huge difference in costs, so ridiculous.

I have just started Avene Diacneal but I have a good feeling it's a good addition to my other stuff I use: Dan's BP 2,5% at night (lots), Vichy Normaderm moisturizer in the morning (with salicylic and glycolic acids) and powderscrub from my skintherapist.

My plan is to go easy on the Vichy moisturizer right now and use the Avene instead.

It's such a pitty how the marketmechanism works. Just because products are from France they are more expensive (here) already(!) than in France itsself. This goes up for brands like Vichy, Roc but also Avene (the brand of Diacneal).

With '(here)' I mean the Netherlands (west from Germany, East from the UK, North from Belgium). My Avene Diacneal 30ml tube (1 oz.) cost me 14,25 Euro. That's about 18 USD at the moment. At an online shop here I can even order it for 11,25 Euro but then I have to pay 6 euro shippingcosts which would force me to buy atleast 3 tubes at once to save money.

I have just started Avene Diacneal but I have a good feeling it's a good addition to my other stuff I use: Dan's BP 2,5% at night (lots), Vichy Normaderm moisturizer in the morning (with salicylic and glycolic acids) and powderscrub from my skintherapist.

:wall:

My plan is to go easy on the Vichy moisturizer right now and use the Avene instead.

wahhh yea that's like a big negative for me that it costs me so much to get it. So the guy I ordered it from made like 20$ bucks off of selling it again basically. hahah dammit. Nothing I can do about it though if I want the products. I have to find other places to get the product since it is not available here in the states. I wanted some Vichy products too boo. How is the Vichy moisturizer? I wanted to try the Lumineuse from them. That's great that you get the products for cheap though. Let me know how the Diacneal works out for you in the long run.

Update for myself. I've decided to cut out the jojoba oil since I don't really know if I needed it in the first place. I want to keep it simple. I am still broken out and my red marks are still there. My boyfriend and his siblings have noticed that my skin is pretty blah at the moment. They told me to quit using new products and to stick with what works. Now if only i can find something that works! and not only for a short time. :wall:

:wall:

wahhh yea that's like a big negative for me that it costs me so much to get it. So the guy I ordered it from made like 20$ bucks off of selling it again basically. hahah dammit. Nothing I can do about it though if I want the products. I have to find other places to get the product since it is not available here in the states. I wanted some Vichy products too boo. How is the Vichy moisturizer? I wanted to try the Lumineuse from them. That's great that you get the products for cheap though. Let me know how the Diacneal works out for you in the long run.

Update for myself. I've decided to cut out the jojoba oil since I don't really know if I needed it in the first place. I want to keep it simple. I am still broken out and my red marks are still there. My boyfriend and his siblings have noticed that my skin is pretty blah at the moment. They told me to quit using new products and to stick with what works. Now if only i can find something that works! and not only for a short time. :wall:

Hmm ... maybe you're doing to much in terms of cleansing. Personally, I've tried exfoliating with wash cloth, but it just broke me out worse - not because it was too harsh, but perhaps it was just spreading bacteria? Now I just use facial sponges, and I only do it twice a week in the morning. Using something that is either cheap enough to dispose of every day or something that you can clean thoroughly after each use (ie. facial brush) is the best way to go with exfoliation.

And yes, KEEPING IT SIMPLE is very important - I learned this the hard way. I would be changing my regimen every week, and the effects showed. Now if I change anything, I try to make it something I have used in the past that didn't irritate my face. I think though, as long as you keep your cleanser and treatment constant you should be fine.

Hopefully you'll start clearing up soon, and keep us updated on your progress ! :)

Using a washcloth is the last thing I would do since you're not aiming at acne that much at all using such a harsh product. My idea is that you actually don't really press your face. The way Dan does it in his movies is a bit too gentle I think. I do think though that you help clogging your pores by pressing hard on your skin so you feel it deep down your skin.

Again I have a special product that prevents me from doing this, some sort of powderscrub with papaya-extracts in it. Those papaya extracts are just extra, what I need is the mechanical effect. It's fine powder that you mix with water to make it a bit 'clay-ish'. With this I kinda polish my face (and I always see pieces of skin rubbling off when I use it). Maybe you could try to find something similar instead of that washcloth. Something like oatmeal or smth. Just search around the forums here and you should find something.

I have got to agree indeed that you should avoid using too much new products at once. I have jojoba oil myself waiting for me to try again but I'm not going to use it since it won't do a great deal for your acne and I have other better products to test first.

I don't think you should have to worry about bacteria with a washcloth though, if you do it the right way. That is wetting and applying cleanser on the washcloth beforehand and cleansing with a cleanser after having used the washcloth.

I still don't see why a washcloth would help, it's such a brutal, harsh, 'un-fine' method.

I'd actually rather recommend a mild scrub-pad or something like a buf-puf exfoliating sponge (which you then use very very gently, especially the scrub-pad/face-loofah)

I forgot to answer your questions about the vichy product. It's pretty good but not worth a lot of extra money.

My problem is that I can't get anything like the Eucerin Skin Renewal for good prices because I'll be paying 20$ of shipping costs atleast. The vichy is one of the few moisturizers with AHA's available here (same goes up for finding a decent moisturizer with sunscreen, you simply won't find any decent one that also has AHA's and only few are non clogging). That's the reason I bought it. There is also other stuff in it like Zinc PCA or hamamelis virginia but I don't believe in that stuff.

It contains salycilyc and glycolic acid and mattifies pretty well so I'm okay with putting down 14-15 Euro for those 50ml's (like 1.7oz). Not sure if I will buy again though.

Right now I'm doing BP at night and Diacneal at day, without sunscreen. On dry places I avoid big amounts of BP and use the Vich Normaderm moisturizer instead or that alone. Pretty much the same for the mornings with Diacneal.

If this doesn't work well enough I'll use Differin instead of the Diacneal or even / or just in combination with the BP at night (since Differin is the only retinoid-family-product that can be used together with BP (like really at the same time)).

I forgot to answer your questions about the vichy product. It's pretty good but not worth a lot of extra money.

My problem is that I can't get anything like the Eucerin Skin Renewal for good prices because I'll be paying 20$ of shipping costs atleast. The vichy is one of the few moisturizers with AHA's available here (same goes up for finding a decent moisturizer with sunscreen, you simply won't find any decent one that also has AHA's and only few are non clogging). That's the reason I bought it. There is also other stuff in it like Zinc PCA or hamamelis virginia but I don't believe in that stuff.

It contains salycilyc and glycolic acid and mattifies pretty well so I'm okay with putting down 14-15 Euro for those 50ml's (like 1.7oz). Not sure if I will buy again though.

Right now I'm doing BP at night and Diacneal at day, without sunscreen. On dry places I avoid big amounts of BP and use the Vich Normaderm moisturizer instead or that alone. Pretty much the same for the mornings with Diacneal.

If this doesn't work well enough I'll use Differin instead of the Diacneal or even / or just in combination with the BP at night (since Differin is the only retinoid-family-product that can be used together with BP (like really at the same time)).

wahh no sunscreen? :wacko: Im too worried about sun damage not to use it. Glycolic makes your skin more sensitive to the sun.

UPPPPPDAAATE: I am exhausted. I am still using Diacneal and it appears some older marks look like they are fading? or it could be due to coincidence ::shrug:: lol I am running on no sleep trying to get some last minute papers done (damn that procrastination!). I will pay later. My skin is tired. Thanks for the feedback people. I appreciate it. Now I must go to class T_T

Update for myself. I've decided to cut out the jojoba oil since I don't really know if I needed it in the first place. I want to keep it simple.

Oh, good. I was just about to tell you to do that. If you want to start using it again, put it on AFTER Diacneal -- you need to wait at least 30-45 minutes to let the retinaldehyde convert to retinoic acid in your skin. Anything you put on your skin during that time could interfere with the conversion. So just kick back ... and let the Diacneal do its thing for you. :)

Are you keeping a log, yake? I would love to hear about how the Diacneal works with the BP. I was reading one of the clinical papers on the Avene site last week, and it mentioned some trials they did with those 2 products together. Apparently it was very successful ... the Diacneal helped the BP penetrate further into the skin and enhanced its antibacterial function. So I hope this is a winning combination for you!

Are you keeping a log, yake? I would love to hear about how the Diacneal works with the BP. I was reading one of the clinical papers on the Avene site last week, and it mentioned some trials they did with those 2 products together. Apparently it was very successful ... the Diacneal helped the BP penetrate further into the skin and enhanced its antibacterial function. So I hope this is a winning combination for you!

I'm not keeping a log but I'll keep you updated more or less in the other threads like this one or Caffeine's. If/when I'll start seeing real good results I'll make a big seperate post about my experiences and ideas with the retinoids, BP's and AHA's I've tried so far. Right now I don't feel like recommending (or not recommend) the exact thing I'm doing since I'm not sure if it's a great regimen for me.

I have to say though, so far so good. I'm not experiencing any heavy dryness although I'm using no moisturizer at all at the moment. I was using big layers of BP before I started Diacneal (Diacneal just in the mornings) and have tuned down just a bit on that. That's the only thing I put at night after ph3,5 or ph5,5 washing, powderscrubbing and 15 minutes of lighttherapy.

In the mornings I ph3,5 wash again, if I have the time I powderscrub again (I believe it's similar to baking soda) and afterwards apply the diacneal.

Although my skin isn't as hydrated as I would like it to be (it already was rather dry when I wasn't using diacneal yet) it's fine. The diacneal just makes my skin oily after 4 hours and very oily 5 hours later. Visually it's a shame since it mattifies so incredibly well at first :). But I think it just shows that something is working :).

The only dry area is just around my nosewings and it's very dry there, because of the BP. Am regularly moisturizing that area.

I'll try to take everything into account in one big well written post later on. Right now I just can't help myself peeking on the forums now and then to see how you guys are doing and post here and there :).

Putting my two cents in... as you seem to be flirting with similar products that I'm trying...

Differin, Diacneal, Glycolic... (but I hate hate hate BP)

Now as you can see from my signature, the way I do it is to use Glycolic in the day and alternate Differin and Diacneal at night. If you have access to NeoStrata products, you might consider the Daytime 8% Glycolic Smoothing Lotion that has SPF15 in it. Sounds too good to be true doesn't it? Glycolic with the "required" sun protection that actually moisturizes! I tried the Vichy normaderm stuff and wasn't ever impressed with it--in fact I think I really didn't like it-- but this NeoStrata seems to be working out great for me so far (although I admit it's only been about 4 days).

And of course if you're really into the BP you could use that on your Differin nights. On this system you would be treating with glycolic every day (with SPF and moisturization to boot), some form of retinoid every day, and alternating boosts of antibacterial or additional glycolic. Just a thought...

And finally, I don't know how you tolerate Diacneal in the daytime (not even mentioning the sun risk) purely because I at least experience a weird sort of plasticy feeling when it's on my skin at night (don't mind me if you have no idea what I'm talking about) as well as the building "greasy" factor over time. I like how it's limited to about 8 or less hours with bedtime application. With the NeoStrata stuff I can at least feel "free" to wash my face during the day if I ever feel the need without fearing that I'll be disturbing or cutting short the retinoid action. (Does that make sense?)

Alright, good luck with things :)

Right now I'm doing BP at night and Diacneal at day, without sunscreen.

HIHi

It's me again. Some minor bumps have gone, but i have gotten 3 news one. I have a new on on my cheek, jaw, and a teeenyy tinny one on my nose. Nothing really scary though. I'm actually liking diacneal. It hasn't made any big difference, but my skin hasnt gotten any worse with it either. No real purge - nothing out of my normal breakouts. I am glad I ditched the Neutrogena Acne Wash though. I was using that for yearssss not realizing that drying out my skin wasnt doing me any favors. My skin is liking Dove. Its cheap and my skin feels soft after I wash. No tightness. After I use diacneal my skin is left matte and smooth (besides the bumps). I may pick up a facial brush soon, but the wash cloth has been working fine too. I swear if this works for me I will neeever wear foundation again.

Do you mean this one L8302? http://www.skinstore.com/store/product.asp...982&prodID=4430

Quite expensive and it seems like I won't get my hands on it so easily (without a lot of shippingcosts).

I tanned a bit for the past few months and I'm doing this lighttherapy. With the little sun I'm getting I seem to not get any sort of sunburn at all. Actually now I didn't tan for about 2 weeks already (I pretty much decreased my tanning gradually and more or less stopped now) I'm rather pale.

The diacneal during daytime: I tolerate it very well actually, it mattifies well for a few hours untill the oilyness begins, but it's not even that bad and nothing that can't be dabbed off with a tissue.

I went to the skintherapist yesterday, for a whole hour for the first time, and it was hell :P. She squeezed out a lot of stuff so I didn't use BP at night but Diacneal instead hoping that it will bother the healing process less than the BP. So I put BP on this morning. I'm not sure if it's that smart to put so much stuff on right after I had one of these facial treatments but I guess we'll know soon.

The Vichy stuff just isn't that great for the more serious acne. It's meant for people with very minor acne and actually want a regimen that works instead of Clearasil or other kind of crap. I only use the moisturizer by the way. The scrub they have might be good and their spottreatment stick with 4% BHA might be ok but that's it. They just wanna sell sell sell with their 4-5 step regimens (clean, scrub/exfoliate, lotion, moisturize, treat) we've seen a million times already with the clearasil, proactive systems etc.

I bought it because I wanted to have a mattyfying non comodogenic moisturizer with some AHA's and preferably also some BHA. It fullfills that need.

Glad to hear your liking the Diacneal. I'm on Retin A now but I have been considering the Diacneal maybe down the road. :D

Why's that Bobbi? Because your skin is having a hard time with dryness and irritation right? And I believe you were also bothered by red marks that took too long to fade so you'd like some AHA's to kick in?

I'll definitaly let you guys know about my Diacneal experiences.

I applied a lot of Diacneal on my face before going to bed and it sure did it a lot, peeling while that is. I had a lot of places where the toplayer of my skin was just totally dried out and ready to peel or pull off, no moisturizer could handle those pieces of skin. I have to go a bit more easier on the stuff. Atleast I know for sure the glycolic acid is doing a lot for me :). I don't think I could handle any higher %'s, especially not in those 6oz bottles where it's much more tempting (and cheap) to put a lot on.

I think I definitaly need a good SPF moisturizer now though since I have the idea my skin is getting weak for the sun now (because I'm applying something drying twice a day now). But it's so hard to find a good non comodogenic affordable high SPF moisturizer in my country. It's just not popular here at all, SPF stuff. And we also have the sun! Most of the daylotions here don't even have the SPF mentioned and the few really good options I have at the moment have SPF 4 up to 8. I found one, Olay Complete Lotion (optionally for sensitive skin), but it has a small amount of Isoparaffin in it. You guessed it, from the great paraffinum aka clogging family. And they see their products are clinically proven non comodogenic, bastards.

Another reason that's stopping me from buying it is because they use toxic ingredients (according to the greenpeace site) and are not planning to change this. Ingredients that can do more damage than good to your skin in the long run and are bad for the environment.

I should really order some Cethaphil moisturizer out of the US I guess, it's a pity the Eucerin Skin Renewal has been discontinued as it looked like the perfect option. The Neutrogena isn't even an option for me because of licensing issues with Neutrogena Europe. Neutrogena here is marketed as a more expensive specialized ph balanced brand for special types of skins. So we get less for more. The same goes up for Eucerin here. Both of these brands don't even have appealing products as in the US right here anyway.

Appologies for the long whining post :).

Still doing good with Diacneal. I still have a few clogged pores on my cheeks. Usually these would have either have gotten inflammed and/or bigger by now, but it hasnt happened with Diacneal. :dance:My forehead, nose and chin are clear. Im just dealing with the cheeks and left over red marks. I am a bit worried about sun damage though. I use a Md formulations spf 30 every day, but it can get pretty hot here in california. It's in the 100s in the summer time. humm I heard shiseido makes some good sunblocks. Any suggestions?

I haven't tried any of the Shiseido sunblocks, but I have also heard good things about them ... for what it's worth. :)

It's that time of the month and i have this clogged pore that looks like it wants to erupt sometime soon..probably tomorrow because i have a presentation to give. lol cause life sucks like that. I hope the diacneal stops it. Well I take everything back about the washcloth exfoliation thingy. Although it worked fine for me a facial brush works waaaay better. I picked one up randomly while i was at the mall. $5.50 for a complexion brush at The Body Shop. It's soft and the perfect size for my face (not too big or small). It's really neat actually (Im a weirdo). It lathers real well with my Dove Soap. yay lets see if this helps. My boyfriend says things are looking a bit better.

My younger cousin asked me to help her with her acne today. Ionno what to say?! I wish I had the cure. Imma take some of the advice on here and pick up some gentle products for her.

Well I hope you don't erupt until after your presentation :lol:

That's good your boyfriend said things are looking better, I think it always helps to have someone else's opinion. Sometimes I think I see what I want to see y'know?

I've been eyeing that brush from the Body Shop as well. Thanks to your endorsement, I think I'll pick one up next time I go to the mall. :)

My younger cousin asked me to help her with her acne today. Ionno what to say?! I wish I had the cure. Imma take some of the advice on here and pick up some gentle products for her.