Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
u4ria

ACNE!!! you may be the couse of your acne and not realize

Hi,i'm 28/male and have had moderate/persistant acne for 11 years now. Like many of you i have tried everything short of blasting my face with a flamethrower to get rid of it but never had much success UNTIL NOW!!! and what i have done has had nothing to do with prescription drugs or topicals or anything of the sort, what i did was very easy!

And within the 4 months ive been working on my theory ive seen a dramatic reduction in the ammount of new forming zits and cyst by about 50% not at a 100% and perfectly clear yet but i know i'm heading in the right direction. So without further delay here's my secret, i just drink fiber in the morning and eat lunch, that's right no BREAKFAST!!! no DINNER!!! just LUNCH!!! then i flood myself with water and vegie drinks the rest of the day. No soda no hamburgers and fries no pizza no junk food what so ever, just a nice simple homestyle type meals that grandma would make once a day. Chances are you were raised like me to eat breakfast lunch and dinner and my theory suggest that's a bad idea and a nasty habbit mankind has gotten into. My theory is simple and it hit me over the head like a ton of damn bricks while reading about liver flush's and internal cleansing on these very forums one night and i had just happen to be very hungry while reading this stuff. You see alot of us eat around the clock everyday BREAKFAST!! LUNCH!! and DINNER!! go to bed wake up repeat, that gives our body little time to deal with all this crap coming in, where's the cleaning house time? the body needs cleanse time and alot of us simply do not give our body's that precious time to clean hoouse between meals it needs, we are overwhelming ourselves around the clock with all this food. No wonder all that crap start's coming out our pores. So try to cleanse more and pollute less and you to may see a big reduction in your acne.

Though I'm not sure with living on veggie drinks, I do believe that diet is our ultimate cause of acne. You are right, we are feeding ourselves crap.

If you see these third world countries, acne rates are extremely low...yet we have access to health care, prescriptions, sanitized environments, etc. We are our own culprits for acne...so I agree with you 100%...except for living on veggie drinks...I need more than that.

Alright, well althought this may help you in a short term basis by taking a load off your system and allowing it to cleanse itself, you have to consider the long term consequences.

I believe that acne is a symptom that alerts you that there is something malfunctioning in your body, at least to some degree. In my opinion, if you were completely healthy, your body would not get infections (acne).

Now, from what you're saying, you're reducing the toxins that are being expelled but I dont think you're making yourself healthier by eating one meal per day and having veggie drinks the rest of the time.

I have a feeling your body might get out of balance if you only drink veggie drinks with minimal solid food. I'm just saying that out of concern & care ;)

If this works well for you, maybe your body had quite a toxic build-up and this is helping you get rid of it. Or maybe you lack a powerful digestive track (read up on how to fix this) or maybe your body was just clogged up before... finally maybe you're getting a ton of antioxidants from the green drinks :)

Hope this is food for thought, good luck

Guest yahyah

Yep I completly agree that acne is a result of poor diet - or rather, poor liver function. Stop smoking, drinking, eating toxic foods (i.e. processed, refined, high in D-phenylalanine) start eating right... veggies, fruit.. don't forget calcium (take tablets if necessary!!!) because its fundamental to clear skin.. vitamins A, E, C (at least 2000% RDA for vit C) and about 4 litres of a water a day - exercise too, body brush, moisturise and your liver will love you and clear skin will result!

This sounds like too much like starving yourself to me. No breakfast or dinner? If I did that, I would have a headache every day. When I was "dieting" I eventually ended up with one meal a day, and my body basically went into starvation mode.

To eat is to keep yourself alive. My body tells me when it's hungry, and when it is, I feed it. The acne's just going to have to deal with that.

Hi,i'm 28/male and have had moderate/persistant acne for 11 years now. Like many of you i have tried everything short of blasting my face with a flamethrower to get rid of it but never had much success UNTIL NOW!!! and what i have done has had nothing to do with prescription drugs or topicals or anything of the sort, what i did was very easy!

And within the 4 months ive been working on my theory ive seen a dramatic reduction in the ammount of new forming zits and cyst by about 50% not at a 100% and perfectly clear yet but i know i'm heading in the right direction. So without further delay here's my secret, i just drink fiber in the morning and eat lunch, that's right no BREAKFAST!!! no DINNER!!! just LUNCH!!! then i flood myself with water and vegie drinks the rest of the day. No soda no hamburgers and fries no pizza no junk food what so ever, just a nice simple homestyle type meals that grandma would make once a day. Chances are you were raised like me to eat breakfast lunch and dinner and my theory suggest that's a bad idea and a nasty habbit mankind has gotten into. My theory is simple and it hit me over the head like a ton of damn bricks while reading about liver flush's and internal cleansing on these very forums one night and i had just happen to be very hungry while reading this stuff. You see alot of us eat around the clock everyday BREAKFAST!! LUNCH!! and DINNER!! go to bed wake up repeat, that gives our body little time to deal with all this crap coming in, where's the cleaning house time? the body needs cleanse time and alot of us simply do not give our body's that precious time to clean hoouse between meals it needs, we are overwhelming ourselves around the clock with all this food. No wonder all that crap start's coming out our pores. So try to cleanse more and pollute less and you to may see a big reduction in your acne.

Enjoy ur path to becomming anorexic. You may stop your acne but down the line you will create other problems.

i find this theory very interesting...i remember reading a post once...a mother was writing it for her son...saying that she was wondering if the fact that he eats breakfast is causing him to get acne...since his cousins and friends who dont eat breakfast dont have acne...then i thought about it and when my skin was perfect clear in highschool...i didnt eat breakfast either! Sure there are many other factors that contributed to me getting worse acne....such as adding more foods to my diet im allergic to, smoking, and stress. Anyways i believe not eating breakfast helps aid ur body for healing...it allows ur more time to heal...im not saying skip dinner too...but for instance only eat food from 12-7 at night...then no more food after that...just water..that way ur body has more time to heal...over time ur acne should improve...just look up acne and breakfast on internet and something comes up about it

My god jesus! This is fascinating!

I did not skip any meals but I did start eating healthy [no junk food, like maccas or kfc (no offence to Ronald McDonald & Colonel Sanders if you guys are reading this)]

I take vitamin supplements and such. It has helps a great deal. But my pimple case was only minor. I think below moderate is the word. As a result, I'm clearing up.

I've also been drinking lots of water.

Cheerio!

Well I do believe everybody is different and if this works for you, then great. I used to be on a Paleolithic diet message board and many people there said they did best with one big meal per day. Some people's body's clease themselves better this way.

I even remember reading of one young man who says if he eats in the evening he has allergies in the morning, but if he eats a big lunch and skips dinner he doesn't.

If your blood sugar remains stable all day then that is another clue that your body is supposed to eat this way. I know I could never eat one meal a day, however I don't do well with breakfast so I don't eat one. My digestion is just bad until about 11:00. Like gwert, I've read of some people who say their skin gets better when they skip breakfast.

I tried to make carrot juice today but my juicer WOULDN'T TURN ON.

No, no point at all in saying that.

Check for a RESET button. It might be on the bottom. Mine quit on me once when I overloaded it. I thought it was done for, but my dad figured out the reset thing.

By all means, i'm not saying starve yourself and make yourself anorexic. if your hungry than eat if you must (try not to make it junk food if you can).I havent been 100% perfect about following my own theory's but i have noticed eating one meal a day at least 3 times a week coupled with veggie drinks and plenty of water (also the fiber drink in the morning) has really been helping me out with my acne. can't wait to add liver flush's and intestinal cleansing wich i'm about to start working on. Even if doing all this stuff isn't the cure (i'm curtain these are all pieces of the puzzle), just the results ive allready seen wich have been dramatic tell me that i'm heading in the right direction twards the cure.

If I dont eat 6 times a day, my stomach will eat itself and my muscles will turn against each other. :naughty:

It is unhealthy to eat 1 meal a day. That is the bottom line.

It is double unhealthy to miss breakfast.

3 meals a day is NOT what our body is optimize for, truly we function best on 6-8 meals a day. 6-8 smaller meals consisting of a proper balance of the nutrients we need. That is ideal, that keeps all of our systems functioning well and helps to keep your body active.

What you have done, eating fiber and eating a couple of healthy things in one meal a day. WILL produce results, but it is not a good idea for the long run. At best, I would say your treatment will aid in cleansing the system and providing you a better foundation to START OVER with eating a proper diet. But it should not be used as an actual diet.

You are shooting yourself in the foot if you only eat one meal a day.

Your muscles will hate you for it, your weight will hate you for it, your energy levels will hate you for it, and your overall strength and ability to function will hate you for it. Even if you don't see the effects now.

It is unhealthy to eat 1 meal a day. That is the bottom line.

It is double unhealthy to miss breakfast.

3 meals a day is NOT what our body is optimize for, truly we function best on 6-8 meals a day. 6-8 smaller meals consisting of a proper balance of the nutrients we need. That is ideal, that keeps all of our systems functioning well and helps to keep your body active.

What you have done, eating fiber and eating a couple of healthy things in one meal a day. WILL produce results, but it is not a good idea for the long run. At best, I would say your treatment will aid in cleansing the system and providing you a better foundation to START OVER with eating a proper diet. But it should not be used as an actual diet.

You are shooting yourself in the foot if you only eat one meal a day.

Your muscles will hate you for it, your weight will hate you for it, your energy levels will hate you for it, and your overall strength and ability to function will hate you for it. Even if you don't see the effects now.

Why are you so sure that this is the one way to eat? Maybe this doesn't work for everyone. Some people gain weight eating small meals throughout the day. Try to be a little more open minded.

Why are you so sure that this is the one way to eat? Maybe this doesn't work for everyone. Some people gain weight eating small meals throughout the day. Try to be a little more open minded.

If you are gaining weight from eating small meals throughout the day, then the meals you are eating are too big. If you have a caloric surplus(relative to your body types caloric requirements, and calculated against calories spent in a day) you will gain weight. Period.

It doesn't matter when you are consuming those calories. It could be 3 huge meals a day, 1 huge meal a day or 20 tiny meals throughout the day. That is all there is to it. Once you get into the specifics of nutrition and vitamins and minerals and what the body needs, then you start to look at the type of weight you will gain or lose and the effect it has on your body, but the simple equation still stands. If you have a caloric surplus, you gain weight. It is not 'some people' that do that, it is every person. That is how our bodies work.

Dieting is not all about weight loss and weight gain though, it is about giving your body what it needs so that it can function right. Eating many(6+) meals a day keeps your metabolism in check and ensures that you always have the nutrients you need when you need them, this prevents your body from entering funky hunger related states that can affect, muscle loss, fat gain, moods, energy levels and a host of other things. It also helps to regulate how you gain and lose weight, since you it puts you in control of how your body is acting from the food it is getting.

If you are gaining weight from eating small meals throughout the day, then the meals you are eating are too big. If you have a caloric surplus(relative to your body types caloric requirements, and calculated against calories spent in a day) you will gain weight. Period.

It doesn't matter when you are consuming those calories. It could be 3 huge meals a day, 1 huge meal a day or 20 tiny meals throughout the day. That is all there is to it. Once you get into the specifics of nutrition and vitamins and minerals and what the body needs, then you start to look at the type of weight you will gain or lose and the effect it has on your body, but the simple equation still stands. If you have a caloric surplus, you gain weight. It is not 'some people' that do that, it is every person. That is how our bodies work.

Dieting is not all about weight loss and weight gain though, it is about giving your body what it needs so that it can function right. Eating many(6+) meals a day keeps your metabolism in check and ensures that you always have the nutrients you need when you need them, this prevents your body from entering funky hunger related states that can affect, muscle loss, fat gain, moods, energy levels and a host of other things. It also helps to regulate how you gain and lose weight, since you it puts you in control of how your body is acting from the food it is getting.

Actually, no, weight gain/loss isn't quite so simple. It is popular to advise people to eat tiny meals all day, but this just doesn't work for everybody. For one, it is hard to ever feel completely satisfied when you can only have a 'small' portion for a 'meal'. It is natural for most to want to feel full (not stuffed of course). Some people just don't do well when their insulin is elevated all day. They do better with insulin surges. It is also inconvient to be eating throughout the day. In France people eat according to a traditional schedule with no snacking and they are a very thin country overall. One can easily obtain all the required nutrients from larger, less frequent meals.

Many people do well grazing all day; I think this is especially true for hypoglycemics. Some people find that when they add more fat to their diet their blood sugar remains stable and they can go for much longer before getting hungry again. My mother, a personal trainer, grazes throughout the day and she looks great. Her ex-boyfriend is also a trainer, but eats just one GIANT meal a day. This works for him and he also looks great (especially for his age).

Calculating every calorie to keep weight from creeping up might prevent weight gain in most, but this sounds too eating disorder-ish to me. When you eat the way your system is meant to, you shouldn't have to count anything. You just eat according to your appetite and your weight will remain at your setpoint.

Like most people with acne, I have a metabolism that is pretty strong. However, I've had many friends who ate like birds and were chubby. They would literally be eating a quarter of the calories that I consumed. For them, it wasn't simply calories in that caused weight gain. Something was 'off' with their system. And no, eating so little didn't slow their metabolism. Their metabolism was slow to begin with which is why they continued to eat less and less.

That're really interesting. From my experience I know diet is one of the key elements in eliminating acne along with a combination of a good natural skin cleaning regiments.

Getting a juicer and drinking veggies works amazing as well soooo many nutrients! So I can see how it's working for you instead of nutrient lacking meals most people eat. Although I personally wouldn't eliminate my other meals, Id be hungry! lol. Ill just keep eating healthy 3 times a day along with veggie juice.

Congrats it has worked for you!!

I'm the only one in my family that breaks out and everyone would agree that I eat the most healty food.

My brother and sisters snack a lot and drink quite a bit. I don't drink at all and junk food is avoided completely.

I drink about 2-3 L of water a day whereas my siblings don't know how a water bottle looks like.

So whats that all about? I kinda think we are over thinking when it comes to diet and its affect on acne.

I'm the only one in my family that breaks out and everyone would agree that I eat the most healty food.

My brother and sisters snack a lot and drink quite a bit. I don't drink at all and junk food is avoided completely.

I drink about 2-3 L of water a day whereas my siblings don't know how a water bottle looks like.

So whats that all about? I kinda think we are over thinking when it comes to diet and its affect on acne.

Everyone's different.