Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Believeyoume411

Cystic acne spots...

Well, I know it's early but I have recently had alot of cystic acne spots develop just below the corners on both sides of my lips after 3 weeks of doing the regimen...it seems like it will never stop breaking out! Has anyone else had this trouble? They are really painful too...this is so depressing...should I give it more time?...change my cleanser?

-Ben

Which products are you using. I'm not sure if the regimen will work if you have severe cystic acne though but maybe there is a problem with the products you're putting on.

Well I used to be on a prescription with Minocycline pills and differn gel. That didnt do much but I never really had many cystic pimples, just smaller whiteheads. Now I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser, then the BP gel, then A cetaphil moisturizer for the dryness. But just since I started the regimen, I have been getting cystic acne strictly under the corners of my lips but the rest of my face has been much much better! Which is the only thing keep me from quiting right now. It has evened out my skin tones and helped alot everywhere else.

Which Cetaphil moisturizer are you using, does it have macadamia nut oil in it? Make sure when you're putting on the facial cleanser that you're putting it around the corners of your mouth. You can try to spot treat some of those ones near your mouth but be careful not to get the bp in your mouth though since I need to be careful when doing that.

Which Cetaphil moisturizer are you using, does it have macadamia nut oil in it? Make sure when you're putting on the facial cleanser that you're putting it around the corners of your mouth. You can try to spot treat some of those ones near your mouth but be careful not to get the bp in your mouth though since I need to be careful when doing that.

Yeah, it does have macadamia nut oil in it...it's just cetaphil's general cleanser in a white and pale green bottle. Is the macadamia nut oil bad news?

It might be, I don't know, but if there is another moisturizer you can use instead that doesn't have oil in it, I would try that.

Well thanks for your help, it's good to know were not all alone in this misery of acne...it's an anxietal trip let me tell you. Some people don't realize how much it effects personalities.