Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leth

Have I screwed up my skin?

I'm going to get off the regiment because I've been on it for about 6 weeks and I'm still getting random breakouts (i.e. I had one spot, particularly bad on my chin clear up, then two days ago it reappeared in the same exact spot), and I've decided it's just a damn awful part of being 17.

The thing is, I've been using the Cetaphil bars to wash my face, which would leave my skin dry and peeling before BP/moisturizer, but today I've taken showers without using it and my skin is still dry and peeling? Have I screwed up my skin in these 6 weeks or will it go back to normal eventually? Or should I just keep using moisturizer for a bit?

Thanks in advance.

Don't give up yet. I've been on it for a whole month, and I'm seeing improvement and all, but I'm still getting random breakouts. I think it takes 3-4 months to be completely clear.

I concur with Fry; you've gotta give it at least 3 months (unless you've found something which works even better in 6 weeks - have you?). Keep the faith. :)

It's true that it takes many people more than 6 weeks to clear up. If you just don't want to do it and don't mind waiting acne out, though, then to answer your question: yes your face will go back to normal in a couple of days. It's just missing some oils which will return natually in a short time. Good luck.

if u rush the regimen, u may have problems with it. can u tell us more specifically what u did. if u go up in bp too quickly, u'll end up with reeally dry skin.

my skin is still quite dry after a simple wash. i juse apply bp and moisiturizer slowly so it isn't all dry after.

Well, as everyone else said, 6 weeks isn't just enough. It hasn't even been 2 months and you wanna quiti already?

Results vary with each person, which is why 3 - 4 months are recommended to make a proper assessment.

Don't worry about the peeling and dryness. All side effects from BP are reversible shortly after suspending use. But I wouldn't recommend that just yet.

As the others suggested, you should carry on for at least 3 months.

Good luck.

i know its frustrating because u want ur skin 2 clear up

but its not as easy as that im affraid :(

i was like u, at 6weeks i was gettin so pissed off, 6weeks of the regimen an my skin stil looked pretty shit an felt it aswel.

but now it looks and feels a LOT better

im totally clear (for the time being lol)

an i only got redmarks to fade

an now ive been like this with only the odd spot here and there to deal with

im missing a morning application of BP once a week, to let me skin deal with those redmarks.

u wil get there Leth dont worry, just stick to the regimen and dont start fiddling with it

Please don't give up now! You made it through the first 6 weeks which are the hardest and from here things should only start to look up, many people don't see an improvement until the 3 month mark so just keep on going until atleast then now youve been through all that! :)

6 weeks is not nearly enough time, keep at it and find the right cleanser moisturiser combo and you'll be laughing. Also remember that you skin is constantly renewing itself so even if it is dry now you cannot give yourself lasting damage on csr.

cruios im 17, i just started regime

if and when it clears up how logn will i have ot continue the regime cos it seems like another chore in the toilet. i can persist if need be.. just

until a certain age/maturity?

cruios im 17, i just started regime

if and when it clears up how logn will i have ot continue the regime cos it seems like another chore in the toilet. i can persist if need be.. just

until a certain age/maturity?

If you want to keep clear using the regimen you will have to continue doing it everyday until your skin clears naturally. To know when this happen about every 6 months-1 year you could stop doing the regimen for a while and see if you break out, if you don't then you could have cleared naturally. Also if you find your acne has decreased you could go down to once a day applications, and the time when people clear naturally differes greatly from person to person so there is not really any way of knowing when this will happen :)

I'm going to get off the regiment because I've been on it for about 6 weeks and I'm still getting random breakouts (i.e. I had one spot, particularly bad on my chin clear up, then two days ago it reappeared in the same exact spot), and I've decided it's just a damn awful part of being 17.

The thing is, I've been using the Cetaphil bars to wash my face, which would leave my skin dry and peeling before BP/moisturizer, but today I've taken showers without using it and my skin is still dry and peeling? Have I screwed up my skin in these 6 weeks or will it go back to normal eventually? Or should I just keep using moisturizer for a bit?

Thanks in advance.

Try adding a little bit of aloe vera to your regimen. It shouldn't hurt anything. Just use a little bit.

once u havnt had ne spots for a few months sorta thing, i wud then consider going slowly down to nothing

ie i wud miss a morning application few times a week

if i stil stayed clear

il miss morning applications all together.....

an if i stil remain clear then il stop altogether

but im not there yet, im clear but i think im stil depending on the regimen very highly hehe!