Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I use the Pan Oxyl 5% Bar Soap, and have decent results with it. However, in order to exfoliate I wanted to get a Salicylic Acid scrub, but wasn't sure how to implement this into my routine. I know that I need the BP to kill the bacteria that causes acne, but I also know that I need something to exfoliate in order to keep my pores unclogged. Do you think that using the Pan Oxyl soap, followed by a Salicylic Acid moisturizer would work? Or do you think that I should just use my BP soap and use an exfoliating scrub a few nights a week? My routine right now is as follows: Wash with BP soap and then shave, followed by a Gillette aftershave lotion. I was wondering if I should replace the Aftershave lotion with a salicylic acid lotion? I don't know what to do, so I'm counting on you guys to help me out. Thanks in Advance...

I think an exfoiliating scrub might irritate your skin which might make it worse. I don't know if the aftershave lotion should be used either since it could clog your pores. You could just use the facial wash after you shave and not use the aftershave lotion. For clogged pores I think one of the only way to treat them is to use a retinoid such as Differin, but you would need to go to a dermatologist in order to get a perscription. I'm not sure but a moisturizer lotion with AHA might help clogged pores as well.