Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drumn24seven

Chlorine/Pools/Acne

My parents and some others have told me that chlorine and bromine in pools will clena your face and help get rid of acne, but Im not too sure. We have a pool at our house, so it's not disgusting like a public pool, but Im still not sure. Anyone know if it will help/harm?

Umm, well I know the purpose for the chlrorine in the pools is to keep the water clean of bacteria. When my kids are in swim team, small cuts and owwies heal super fast. It's really drying, though.

So swim all you want, just make sure you wash all that chlorine off your skin and out of your hair and then moisturize after. Swimming is excellent exercise!!!!

well based on experience about 2 years ago.....I had terrible acne back then....the pool dried up my zits...

I think the same philosophy goes with swimming on the beach

Just remember to shower after a swim to remove the chlorine.

well i swim in a chlorinated pool up to nine times a week, and yes i have to moisturise my whole body after each swim and after showers.

it really sucks the moisture out fo your skin.

in terms of treating the acbe, i have been in chlorine to the point that it is now my natural cologne at school, but still hav mild acne. so do a few of my other swimming mates.

myth busted.

I say it works! I broke out about 2 weeks ago, and when I went to the pool the other day, the chlorine completely dried up the acne on my face! I've been doing this for years, actually.