Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flipside

new herbal experiment

I just ordered a bunch of herbs that I think will help cure my acne (in addition to healthy diet/exercise).

Here's the list:

Oregon Grape Root

Turkey Rhubarb Root

Bupleurum Root

Forsythia Fruit

White Peony Root

Chamomile Flowers

Dandelion Root

Burdock Root

I've spent the last couple of months reading about all kinds of herbs, reviewing studies on different herbs, and reading about various chinese and other traditional remedies for acne.

This appears to be a good mix for the things I want to accomplish:

reduce sebum production, calm the immune system, calm the nervous system, reduce inflammatory mediators in the blood/lymph/skin, remove catabolic wastes and excess steroid hormones, reverse oxidative stress, increase insulin sensitivity, improve peripheral blood circulation, rid the body of stored toxins and preven accumulation of toxins from air/food/water/skin contact, improve digestion and elimination, aid the liver/kidneys/spleen/lungs/heart, reduce anxiety, slow P. acnes gowth, cool the blood, expel stasis, and remove hyper-proliferative influences on the skin.

I'll be drinking this brew as a decoction... about 3 or 4 cups spread out during the day. I've reviewd the safety of these herbs and none appear to pose any serious risk if used with care.

Herbs should arrive early next week. Hopefully after 5 days use, I'll be able to stop applying anything to my skin and just let it be.

I just ordered a bunch of herbs that I think will help cure my acne (in addition to healthy diet/exercise).

Here's the list:

Oregon Grape Root

Turkey Rhubarb Root

Bupleurum Root

Forsythia Fruit

White Peony Root

Chamomile Flowers

Dandelion Root

Burdock Root

I've spent the last couple of months reading about all kinds of herbs, reviewing studies on different herbs, and reading about various chinese and other traditional remedies for acne.

This appears to be a good mix for the things I want to accomplish:

reduce sebum production, calm the immune system, calm the nervous system, reduce inflammatory mediators in the blood/lymph/skin, remove catabolic wastes and excess steroid hormones, reverse oxidative stress, increase insulin sensitivity, improve peripheral blood circulation, rid the body of stored toxins and preven accumulation of toxins from air/food/water/skin contact, improve digestion and elimination, aid the liver/kidneys/spleen/lungs/heart, reduce anxiety, slow P. acnes gowth, cool the blood, expel stasis, and remove hyper-proliferative influences on the skin.

I'll be drinking this brew as a decoction... about 3 or 4 cups spread out during the day. I've reviewd the safety of these herbs and none appear to pose any serious risk if used with care.

Herbs should arrive early next week. Hopefully after 5 days use, I'll be able to stop applying anything to my skin and just let it be.

Good luck! I drink an Herbal Tea that has some of those ingredients in it!

BookOfDays, may i ask what are the ingredients and the name of the tea? im always experimenting and learning.

btw, if i could source some certified organic red peony root, i would probably use that instead of the white peony. and i would like to use another herb thats been hard to find, possibly in place of the chamomile.

It won't be nice to be taken orally - Whats you're dosage form going to be? Juiced or Boiled (as they do in chinese medicine)?

these are dried herbs so i'll be preparing them as a decoction (boiled).

my guess is it will be bitter, astringent, and sour (peony is supposed to be sour). but im actually excited to see what it tastes like.

dosage will be about 3 or 4 cups a day, spread out evenly.