Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aidy

Cleansers and moisturisers?

I have read the recommended products by Dan for Cleansers and Moisturisers, but in the UK none are purchasable. I cannot afford the shipping being a student and i am already going to be shippings over Dan's 2.5% BP which costs enough as it is.

I printed off the list of what Dan recommends looking for in cleansers and moisturisers and i purchased these two:

Evian Affinity original soft cleansing gel

Evian Affinity original hydrating lotion SPF 15

Does anyone know of ANY problems with these?

I should hopefully begin my regimen but i am awaiting the BP (it takes 2 weeks to ship!)

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thankyou so much!

Aidy

hi Aidy,

hopefully one our UK members will be along soon (ahem......Dami3n!), but until then, if you can provide a link of those products and ingredients, I"d be happy to take a look at them.

As long as they are gentle, unmedicated, oil-free and non-comedogenic they should be fine though.

Thanks! Damn i wish i hadnt bought them, if you want to check them out they should be on the evian affintiy website www.evianaffinity.ca/

I'll purchase the Act bar, hopefully the boots i have sells it, don't remeber seeing it and i did spend an hour and a half sifting through cleansers and moisturisers!

What about moisturisers?

For a moisturiser I would recommend Eucerin dry skin relief face cream with 5% urea which is available from Boots, however, it costs £10 so as a student you might want to find something cheaper (although 1 tube does last for ages!), you could check out this thread for more info on UK regimen supplies http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=84759.

Also I really like Simple cleansers and find them very non-irritating, and theres a wash by them that is apparantly very good but I can't remember exactly what its called :wall:. Also a few UK'ers use Avene Clenance Soapless Gel cleanser and seem to like it, and both of these are avilable from Boots. Also some people use Pears soap which is a bar and whilst some love it others have commented on it being quite drying, and I think it is the same of the ACT wash bar too becasue in general bars tend to be more drying then liquids :)