Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reenz

glycolic peels

Are they worth it?

Who has it worked for? They're kind of expensive... but is it worth they money?

I've had a couple of chemical peels in the last two weeks. But I think that chemical peels are different from glycolic acid peels. Stronger, or something. Anyway, it sucks so much. So does the skin peeling the next couple of days. It's a little upsetting if I think about it, because it's really just someone burning the skin off my face. But...it works. My skin has improved drastically in the last two weeks--its condition, the red marks, no more breakouts. The peel is no fun, but it's worth the results.

My dermo charges me $35 per peel, which I hear is a steal.

Good luck!

I had one lactic peel (I think this is a weaker peel than glycolic?), which smoothed my skin out for a couple of days. It didn't irritate at all, no redness or anything. I'm not sure that the effects lasted more than a couple of weeks though. I just had a glycolic peel a couple of days ago. This one did irritate my skin afterwards. It kind of felt like I had sunburn, especially on my forehead. My skin got a little red and flaky/crusty in spots, but nothing too noticable. It has taken a couple of days to calm down, but I think I like the results at this point.

I think they are worth it if you do them on a regular basis (every 4-6 wks). I'm not sure how much benefit you would get from just doing them once and awhile.

And $35 is definitely a bargin price! I pay $75 for mine.

I've had a couple of chemical peels in the last two weeks. But I think that chemical peels are different from glycolic acid peels. Stronger, or something. Anyway, it sucks so much. So does the skin peeling the next couple of days. It's a little upsetting if I think about it, because it's really just someone burning the skin off my face. But...it works. My skin has improved drastically in the last two weeks--its condition, the red marks, no more breakouts. The peel is no fun, but it's worth the results.

My dermo charges me $35 per peel, which I hear is a steal.

Good luck!

So are you acne free right now? Does insurance cover peels?

I am currently getting the glycolic acid peels and my Mom's insurance does cover it.