Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thefloridapolock

ClearLight Acne Therapy, and Microdermabrasion

I am new to posting here so here is my story, I am 26 and I have a mild to bad case of Adult acne ( it seams to be dependent on my stress level) and every few weeks I get one Cysts .. I have been dealing with acne from the age of 16( I am so sick of it). I have tryed everything , they have put me on creams , and all kinds of stuff. I have tryed alot of over the counter products.

As of now I find my new Regimen is working ok, but I still get a few white heads and one or more Cysts.

I have been looking into ClearLight and Microdermabrasion. The skin care clinic I have been looking into suggest perform Microdermabrasion once a week for 8 weeks , and at the same time get ClearLight Therapy twice a week for 8 weeks.

Has anyone tryed this , how did it turn out?

thank

Jrod

I am going on laser treatment. It is LHE laser.

You can read on internet about this:

www.radiancy.com/int/acneba.htm

I am on 4th treatment.

Plan is:

first week - 2 times

second and third week - 3 times

and all next for twice a week.

I hope so that it will help me because i have big problem with my face.

Doctor want to do microderm. on me but i rather will not!

My face is already red and sensitive so it will be disaster for me...although if it help me - i will not do a microderm.

Doctor said that is necessarily for me about 12-16 treatmens.

So, after a month and a half, i will se...

Ask me freely if you want to know something about my all treatment.

You must know that all lasers work for inflamatory acne, but not for small comedo and similary kind of acne...pimples...i do not know how it calls there where you live.

Sorry for my very bad english...

I haven't had microdermabrasion done, but I just wanted to tell you that some local news anchors did a experiment on those at-home microdermabrasion kits and found that doing three at-home microderm treatments was equivalent to getting one professionally done.

I would think that microdermabrasion would be somewhat irritating for any active acne. But it may help for red marks...

Good luck!